Raw "pizza" bites
I find eating raw is much easier when I have food I'm familiar with! I think it's kind of boring to just eat salads and smoothies. I found these a rather tasty experiment, and while obviously they don't taste just like real pizza, they still taste great and are a fantastic (IMO) combination of flavor and texture! I'm not a expert recipe writer, but hopefully this makes sense!:
(2) Yellow squash
(1) roma tomato (or small regular tomato)
(1) small avocado
(1/4) of a white onion
(1) cloves of garlic
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Basil (to taste)
1 cup shredded jicama
1/2 cup cahews
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp water
1. Cut yellow squash into 1/8" thick slices
2. Shred you Jicama just like your would block cheese
3. In a food processor, pulse the water, nutritional yeast and cashews until a parmesan-like consistency
4. Blend the tomato, avocado, garlic, onion and spices in your blender until creamy
5. Spoon on sauce to the squash slices, top with shredded jicama, and other "toppings" you would like and sprinkle with "parmesan"
This looks good, I'll have to try it!!
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:19 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.