Am obsessed with raw lasagna and would like to try a few different cheese recipes. Whats everyones fav?
This cheese is almost entirely raw with the exception of using 1 1/2 C of boiled water to soak the agar agar. The boiled water may be over 115 degrees.
It's my favorite
Medium Olive Cheese:
1 ½ C boiling hot water
1 ½ TB ground Agar powder (dissolved in 1 ½ C of warm water)
½ C sundried tomatoes in olive oil.
½ C raw cashews
½ C nutritional yeast powder or flake
2 TB Tahini or 3 TB ground sesame seeds
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
½ tsp garlic powder or 2 cloves of garlic
¼ tsp dried mustard
¼ C diced green or black olives
- Mix agar into a bowl of boiled hot water and stir until dissolved and set aside.
- Place all ingredients except for olives in blender; adding agar last and blend until creamy.
- Stir in olives. Place ingredients into oiled ramekins.
- At this point you can place in refrigerator for an hour to set up and it is ready to eat as a soft cheese spread. Makes 16 one oz servings that can be stored in refrigerator for 5 days or frozen for a month.
- If you wish to have a cheese with more body, place in a dehydrator at 115 degrees for 4 hours, remove cheese from ramekins and flip onto dehydrator screen and dehydrator for an additional 4 hours, can be refrigerated up to 2 weeks or frozen for a month.
I hope you enjoy this it is really easy and great as sauce, dip or dehydrated so it can be sliced and served like regular cheese.
At this point you can place in fridge for an time to set up and it is prepared to eat as a smooth dairy products distribute. Creates 16 one oz meals that can be saved in fridge for 5 times or freezing for monthly.