09:53 AM 08-04-2010

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t

Ingredients:
1/3 cup plain regular oats
3/4 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons chia seeds
½ of a ripe banana, peeled and mashed
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions: Mix together the above ingredients in a bowl and place in fridge overnight.

I made this last night and it was sooo delicious this morning! It only took 2 mins to throw together and put in fridge, (much better than boiling them on the stove!) and it was great! I also added about a tsp of cocoa powder this morning because I love chocolate-banana flavor, but you could do other mix-in ideas like almond butter & pure maple syrup etc. Also you could leave out the banana and/or chia seeds if youd like or if you dont have them on hand and just use the almond milk. This recipe is very versatile!! \t\t\t\t\t\t
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

janiejones's Avatar janiejones
02:29 PM 08-05-2010
Hmm this sounds interesting...I kinda want to try. I like recipes that have a lot of variation
Kelii36's Avatar Kelii36
03:22 PM 02-14-2011
sounds good. I think I'll make some tonight. how long will it stay in the fridge? I would like to make a larger batch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sunflower's Avatar Sunflower
03:25 PM 02-14-2011
Sounds yum! Are the chia seeds necessary? Because I really want to make it tonight and I have all of those ingredients except for the chia seeds.
silva's Avatar silva
03:55 PM 02-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPotato View Post

Sounds yum! Are the chia seeds necessary? Because I really want to make it tonight and I have all of those ingredients except for the chia seeds.

Not at all, they would only thicken it, and add omega 3's and more protein. I use ground flax. It's not as nutritious, but acts the same, and adds protein and omega 3 cheaper. You don't need that either. Look at the post again!
I've used sliced strawberries.
Sunflower's Avatar Sunflower
04:14 AM 02-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

Not at all, they would only thicken it, and add omega 3's and more protein. I use ground flax. It's not as nutritious, but acts the same, and adds protein and omega 3 cheaper. You don't need that either. Look at the post again!
I've used sliced strawberries.

Haha thanks. I think I was so excited about it that I didn't even read the whole thing!
Kelii36's Avatar Kelii36
06:57 AM 02-17-2011
I tried it and I loved it!
*AHIMSA*'s Avatar *AHIMSA*
08:49 AM 02-17-2011
Just wanted to say that while this is a tasty thing to eat, 'regular' oats, vanilla extract and almond milk (unless you make the almond milk yourself) are not actually raw. Cocoa powder and maple syrup aren't raw either.
Doktormartini's Avatar Doktormartini
01:08 PM 02-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

Just wanted to say that while this is a tasty thing to eat, 'regular' oats, vanilla extract and almond milk (unless you make the almond milk yourself) are not actually raw. Cocoa powder and maple syrup aren't raw either.

You can never be 100% but in any case it's still a healthy dish.
*AHIMSA*'s Avatar *AHIMSA*
01:14 PM 02-17-2011
Well, people can be and are 100% raw, but that's not related to what I was saying...and whether or not it's 'healthy' isn't the issue either...I'm simply trying to educate on this topic, as there are so many misconceptions about what 'raw' foods are. It's in the 'raw foods' recipe forum and the only 'raw' thing in the recipe is the banana/chia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktormartini View Post

You can never be 100% but in any case it's still a healthy dish.

kari_lynn222's Avatar kari_lynn222
01:53 PM 02-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

Whoops... My bad. I thought that uncooked oats would be considered raw... and since they make up the bulk of the recipe that they would be best categorized in the raw foods recipes.
Anderson2's Avatar Anderson2
12:20 AM 06-29-2013

Appears to be yum! Are the chia plant seeds necessary? Because I really want to create it this evening and I have all of those substances except for the chia plant seeds.

http://www.premierfitnessolutions.com/cary-weight-loss.html

yurak's Avatar yurak
01:56 PM 01-30-2015
You can get away with soaking the oats for half an hour especially if it's oatmeal. I don't mind the oats chewy tho.
Ultimately the oats are more tender soaked over night.
Reply Up