Bolognese Sauce(Or Alfredo Sauce) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-21-2007, 06:54 PM
Beginner

Vegan Pasta Cream Sauce(Or Alfredo Sauce)

Category: Condiments, Dressings, Spreads

Suitable for a: vegan diet

Ingredients:

------------------------------------------------------

4 cups unsweetened soymilk(or unsweetened ricemilk)

1 sticks worth of margirine

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon or more to taste freshly ground black pepper

Salt to taste

1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Instructions:

Vegan Cream Sauce:

Melt the margirine in a large saucepan on medium-high meat until bubbling. Mixing fast with a wooden spoon, Put in the 1/2 cup of flour. Mix for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Dump in the soymilk(or rice milk) all at once putting the stove on medium. DO NOT stop stirring. Use a wooden spoon and change to a whisk if it begins to lump. Add in the salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Keep on stirring and cooking until it thickens to your prefered thickness.

Alfredo Sauce: Do not add the ground nutmeg. Instead add 3-4 ounces of fake parmasian cheese and more pepper.

Additional comments:

Do not use regular soymilk or rice milk(usually anywhere from 5-7g of sugar per cup) as it's to sweet and will throw off the sauce and make it taste very weird. Go for unsweetened unflavored brands(1g of sugar or less). I used silk.

For the margirine you can use unsalted or salted sticks or even the stuff in the container. I used the earth balance that came in the tub. I just used a quarter of the tub. But if you do use the salted margirines be careful to not add to much salt afterwards, it's easy to make it to salty.

This cream sauce/alfredo sauce will have a nuttier flavor than what alot of people are used to ,but i think it adds to the sauce and makes it so much better. It's very thick and creamy.

And if it cools on you before your able to serve it add a couple tablespoons of unsweetened soymilk(rice milk) and heat it back up(the sauce thickens as it sits and cools).

Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Veggie Regular

This sounds really good, but bolognese is meat sauce...
#3 Old 03-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Beginner

Whooops! Your right, my brain decided to stop working when i wrote that title. I'll get that fixed. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page