This is a typical dish of Italian cuisine. It’s known all over the world and it’s so easy to make.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 min
COOKING TIME: 15 min
- 6 1/3 oz spaghetti
- 6 1/3 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 basil leaves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sugar
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in four slices.
- In a pan pour the olive oil with the garlic and let it golden for one minute.
- Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Add a pinch of sugar to counteract the acidity of the tomatoes.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- In the meanwhile cook the pasta in salted water. If the sauce gets too dry add some water from the pasta.
- Pour the basil leaves before turning off the fire.
- Drain the pasta and pour into the pan containing the sauce.
If you dont’ like the tomato skin, dip them in hot water for 10 seconds. It will be easier to peel them.
Thanks for this recipe as it gave me some inspiration. I made a cherry tomato and red onion salad yesterday but the toms were a bit sour and the red onions so strong my breath went thermonuclear! I only ate a small portion of it and put the rest in the fridge (with a hazard warning ...)
Having seen this I've just cooked up the remainder in some olive oil, added garlic and some chopped tomatoes and poured it over some durum wheat tagliatelle. Very nice indeed :)