Vegan Mac and Cheese - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I have the perfect recipe for it. First cook your noddles and strain them, turn down burner heat to 3 or 4. Melt in 1 tbsp of vegan margarine, 2 tbsp of vegan cream cheese (I recommend toffuti) 1/2 cup of mozzarella daiya, 1/2 cup of cheddar daiya. Stir all until melted. Quick and easy, also tastes more like cheese than KD. These are approximations since I don't own measuring cups and makes a large single serving.
LauraBelle likes this.

☮ ♥ (: Ⓥ
http://empatheticvegan.tumblr.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Veggie Regular

So trying this the second I can get my hands on some Daiya. Not available anywhere I do my shopping yet.

Direct action is always the clamorer, the initiator, through which the great sum of indifferentists become aware that oppression is getting intolerable. - Voltairine de Cleyre
#3 Old 06-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Where abouts in Canada are you from? I know where to buy it in Toronto and Oshawa but other than that I can't help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in Nova Scotia, and not near any cities. Maybe next time I'm in Hali I'll have a look around, but I don't expect to be able to find it. Not unless it becomes more widely available in the meantime...

Direct action is always the clamorer, the initiator, through which the great sum of indifferentists become aware that oppression is getting intolerable. - Voltairine de Cleyre
#5 Old 06-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlily1983 View Post

I'm in Nova Scotia, and not near any cities. Maybe next time I'm in Hali I'll have a look around, but I don't expect to be able to find it. Not unless it becomes more widely available in the meantime...

I'm taking a road trip around Nova Scotia for two weeks, starting the 19th of June. If they don't sell it there I can always swing by with some from Montreal. I just found a store that sold it, today. It's been two years that I've been wanting to try it, but the cost for air shipping and ice packs was always out of my budget. The **** is legit, tastes yummy and melts ! It's unreal!
#6 Old 06-10-2011, 11:13 PM

Thanks for this! As much as I LOVE the "Mac Daddy" recipe from "Veganomicon", it can be a real pain to make. This seems a lot quicker and tastier!
#7 Old 06-21-2011, 12:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatVegan1980 View Post

Thanks for this! As much as I LOVE the "Mac Daddy" recipe from "Veganomicon", it can be a real pain to make. This seems a lot quicker and tastier!

Is that the recipe that was like fifteen ingredients long and called for absurd ingredients?
This one: http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2007/10...nd-cheeze.html
I saw it and thats what inspired my recipe, cause I had none of those things except pasta and cornstarch lol.

#8 Old 06-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Banned

vegansarawr
Thank you for a wonderful recipe. Going to try it ASAP
Flo
#9 Old 06-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Beginner

all of our krogers in the us have a natural section that sells it, then we have 2 health food stores in my city its 4.99 a pack tho

I used to avoid soy but ill consume a little if its organic and fermented lol
#10 Old 06-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Banned

That sounds delicious!
#11 Old 06-23-2011, 10:24 PM

I am definitely going to give this recipe a try. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page