Hummus Pizza with caramalized onions and roasted red peppers - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 09-16-2008, 03:57 AM

This is a genius pizza idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-16-2008, 04:54 AM
Veggie Regular

This tastes fantastic! We made it on the weekend and devoured it in seconds.
#33 Old 09-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Veggie Regular

OK, I HAVE to do this. I am in a serious hummus obsession phase right now. Except I will have to either use pita bread or make sure I find a vegan pizza crust as I am too lazy to make my own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 09-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Administrator

I made it the other night. It was good but a little dry for my taste. Probably could have been better with more hummus, I didn't buy enough. I think I prefer regular pizza more though.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#35 Old 09-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Beginner

OMG this looks amazing

I'm going to the grocery store to get the ingredients and make this for supper, I will update with what I think about it... already psyched about it though!!
#36 Old 09-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I made this for dinner tonight. It was pretty good, though it was a bit dry like Michael said. I think I may try drizzling a lil' olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the finished product next time. Also, I think I may try it with some tomatoes and mushrooms as well.
#37 Old 09-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Veggie Regular

We used a LOT of hummus on ours - maybe thats the difference between dry or not?
#38 Old 09-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Veggie Regular

We used a lot of hummus, too. We (hubby and I) were just always those people who liked extra sauce on regular pizza, so what's dry to us probably wouldn't be to someone else.
#39 Old 09-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Beginner

I'm eating it right now... OM NOM NOM!

A bit tangy for me, maybe I put too much balsamic vinegar on it but still yummy. I only chopped up 2 red onions but I didn't even use the whole amount on the pizza.

Great with beer! I approve wholeheartedly!
#40 Old 09-22-2008, 01:49 PM

I agree, mine was delicious as well! I put pineapple, sweetcorn and mushrooms on top and used ALOT of hummus!
#41 Old 01-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I did a variation on this tonight. I didn't use onions though because I was too lazy to caramelize them, haha (I was really just looking for a quick late night snack in front of the TV.) So here's what I did: took a flour tortilla (the closest thing I had to anything mentioned here), spread it very very generously with hummus, drizzled a little bit of really excellent aged balsamic vinegar over it, and topped it with sliced jarred roasted red peppers, a sprinkling of dried basil (I didn't have any rosemary), and a decent grating of fresh parmesan cheese. Then I baked it in the oven for about 10 minutes.

It was seriously SOOO delicious. I am going to try the original recipe sometime when I have a little more time and patience!
Werewolf Girl likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page