Vegetarian Chili - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-18-2017, 06:53 AM

Vegetarian Chili

Protein! Protein! Protein! I'm going to strangle the next person who asks me where I get my protein. Hi everyone, my name is Nathan and I wanted to share with you one of my favorite recipes to get....(here it comes!)...Protein!

Just a little about me. Like a surprising number of vegetarians, I spent years overweight and unhealthy. Why? Because although I didn't eat meat, I ate everything but. Now I'm working hard to stay in shape and pop out some serious muscles (sorry Rock, you had a good run). So obviously, protein is a big consideration in my diet. For those of you looking to bodybuild, or those of you looking to lose weight, or (my favorite) those of you who just want some amazing chili, here's my recipe:

Prep: 10 Min. Cooking: 1-2 Hrs. Serves: 6

Ingredients:
1 Head of Cauliflower
2 Cans Black Beans
2 Cans Chili Beans
1 Can Tomato Paste
1 Can Diced Tomatoes(or 2 Fresh Tomatoes)
1 Red Onion
1 Zucchini
1 Yellow Squash
4 Tbs. Garlic Powder
1 Tbs. Paprika
1 Tbs. Chili Seasoning
2 Tsp. Cayenne
1 Tbs. Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Cilantro
1 Bay Leaf

Method:
1.Put the olive oil in a large cooking pot. Set on medium-low heat. Then, dice onion and add to pot. Allow onion to cook for 5 minutes.
2.Meanwhile, dice cauliflower, zucchini, and squash. Chop cilantro. When onion has cooked for the allotted time, add these.
3.Now add black beans, chili beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and spices(including bay leaf). Stir around and set to low heat. Cover pan.
4.Allow chili to cook for 1-2 hours, or until vegetables are soft. Taste occasionally, and add additional seasoning if needed.

Nutrition:
Per serving, expect about 350 calories and 22grams of protein!

Whether you're new to the meatless lifestyle or a pro, whether you're trying to lose weight or pack on some pecks, my website has all sorts of recipes and tips for you. Check it out: veggienovelist.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-20-2017, 09:36 AM

Updated ingredients list(Please use instead):
Ingredients:

1 Head of Cauliflower

2 Cans Black Beans

2 Cans Chili Beans

1 Can Tomato Paste

1 Can Diced Tomatoes(or 2 Fresh Tomatoes)

1 Red Onion

1 Zucchini

2 Yellow Squash

4 Tsp. Garlic Powder

1 Tsp. Paprika

1 Tsp. Chili Seasoning

1/2 Tsp. Cayenne

1 Tsp. Dried Oregano

1 Tsp. Dried Basil

1 Tbs. Olive Oil

1/2 Cup Cilantro

1 Bay Leaf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page