Yummy Stir Fry w/ Mango! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-13-2004, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Yummy Stir Fry w/ Mango! by Sarah

Category: Main Dishes - Other

This recipe is suitable for a: vegetarian/vegan diet.

Ingredients:

-----------------------------------------------------

1 tsp. canola or other oil

1/5 block firm tofu, cubed

1/2 large head of broccoli, cut into florets

1/3 red bell pepper, cut into chunks

4-5 sliced baby carrots

1/2 mango, cubed

Sauce (from Student's Vegetarian Cookbook):

1/4 cup water

1 tbsp soy sauce

1 tbsp white vinegar

1 tbsp ketchup

2 tsp. sugar

1 tsp. corn starch.

Instructions:

Combine all the sauce ingredients and set aside.

Heat the oil on high heat in a large skillet. First add the broccoli, carrots, and bell pepper, and stir-fry them for a couple minutes. Then add the tofu and mango and stir-fry until they begin to brown. Reduce the heat to simmer and add the sauce. It will thicken as you stir; you may not need it all. Once the sauce is well mixed, serve it!

Additional comments:

It makes one meal served alone, or it can be served with rice to make into two meals.

This is my favorite dinner! You can substitute in different veggies, but I like this combination the best, especially the mango!

For a printable version of this recipe click the post # in the upper right hand corner.

You can rate this recipe using the drop-down menu in the upper right hand corner.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-18-2007, 08:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I made this tonight! It was the very first veggie meal I've EVER made and it was delish! Thank you! The sauce didn't thicken so I think I may not have used enough cornstarch. Either way it was still awesome! Thanks. Oh and the tofu came out really crumbly too. I didn't know you were supposed to press it to get out all the water. Tonight was my first time trying tofu, not bad even when I cooked it wrong, lol. Thanks again. Peace & Love!!
#3 Old 10-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I somehow have missed this recipe til now.

I'm about to be living alone before long and need dinner-for-one recipes. I love stirfy and looooooove mango so this is perfect.

Thanks for bumping it, nickle00.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quite honestly, I would recommend cooking the tofu for a good long while first (just to brown it a bit), then add the other ingredients. Your tofu won't crumble so much that way.
#5 Old 10-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

Quite honestly, I would recommend cooking the tofu for a good long while first (just to brown it a bit), then add the other ingredients. Your tofu won't crumble so much that way.

zactly. I tend to brown my tofu first, then set it aside while I stir-fry the veggies. Then add it back in right before the sauce part.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#6 Old 10-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh man, this looks yummy! So... after dinner at Froggy's, I think I'll stop by ~Brandon's and WonderRandy's...
#7 Old 10-22-2007, 10:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

zactly. I tend to brown my tofu first, then set it aside while I stir-fry the veggies. Then add it back in right before the sauce part.

Next time I make it I'm going to try baking the tofu first. I posted a question about cooking tofu for stir-fry's and one of the suggestions I recieved was to cut the tofu into 1/2 inch cubes, dip into soy sauce and bake at 400 degrees on a lightly greased cookie sheet for 20 minutes, flip over and bake for another 20 minutes. Apparently it works GREAT for stir-fries so I'll try that next time. Peace & Love!
#8 Old 10-25-2007, 04:51 AM

This is a brilliant recipe I have tried it using pineapple instead of the mango this is truly delisssssssh
#9 Old 10-25-2007, 05:00 AM
Veggie Regular

This looks really yummy.

<<adds mango to the shopping list

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#10 Old 10-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Veggie Regular

browning the tofu really works well and I think is far easier than baking in the oven. you don't have to do that, just brown lightly on most of the sides of the cubes in the wok or skillet and it will not crumble and will be yummy
#11 Old 10-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Veggie Regular

although baked tofu is pretty yummy itself, and has a somewhat different texture. mmmmmmmmmm

I love baked tofu...

Nec Aspera Terrent
#12 Old 11-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post

browning the tofu really works well and I think is far easier than baking in the oven. you don't have to do that, just brown lightly on most of the sides of the cubes in the wok or skillet and it will not crumble and will be yummy

Ooohh...thanks! I'll try it like that!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page