curry - VeggieBoards

curry

alexis88's Avatar alexis88
04:59 PM 12-10-2015
does this sound like it will work out ok??

Sweet potato
onion
garlic
Chick peas
Tin toms
curry paste
curry powder
green beans
fresh tomatos
veggie stock

anything else with or taken away?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MadamSarcastra's Avatar MadamSarcastra
01:31 PM 12-11-2015
Sounds damn tasty! (I'd use regular potatoes just 'cuz I don't care for sweet.) Any couscous or rice to accompany?
Lil' Tofu's Avatar Lil' Tofu
02:06 PM 12-11-2015
That sounds fine! I make curry pretty often since it doesn't take much work and it's really great to pair with some rice or quinoa. I tend to just throw whatever vegetables I have on hand in it and I actually never use coconut milk, either water or vegetable stock works fine and then it has less fat. I love sweet potatoes and I've seen a lot of curry recipes that utilize them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

03:55 PM 12-11-2015
mmmm so nice!

added some courgettes and button mushrooms. cooked for 5 hours, served with rice.

Was lovely! Sweet, spicy and hot!
Blobbenstein's Avatar Blobbenstein
05:59 PM 12-11-2015
I think the curries I make are made much better with the addition of soya sauce, and nutritional yeast.
maremare
10:28 PM 01-13-2016
Sounds good, I'll have to add chickpeas next time I make veggie curry. I usually do everything you said minus the tomatoes (but add tomato paste) and add red and green bell peppers. Yum! Do you use coconut milk in your curries? That's always my favorite part
03:18 PM 01-21-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by maremare View Post
Sounds good, I'll have to add chickpeas next time I make veggie curry. I usually do everything you said minus the tomatoes (but add tomato paste) and add red and green bell peppers. Yum! Do you use coconut milk in your curries? That's always my favorite part
i dont no, i dont really like coconut flavour

the chickpeas are so good in curries
odizzido's Avatar odizzido
03:52 PM 01-21-2016
man I just ate but now I want curry....so good om nom nom
MaddieR523
10:03 AM 05-17-2016
Absolutely! This sounds super delicious, Alexis! :-) chickpeas are so darn delicious in curries!! I made this vegan potato curry with chickpeas last week and my boyfriend and I both loved it. We literally gobbled it down and I can't wait to make it again. I think I might add some broccoli for a change next time.
Reply Up