I am in LOVE with this chilli - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-04-2013, 01:18 PM

I am new to a vegan lifestyle and I am new to this wonderful forum. So I made this chilli today without really following any recipe and even my mom(who is a meat eater) told me this was delicious and I felt I had to share this recipe with other vegans/vegetarians. Its insanely easy and very filling.

What I used:

about 1/2 cup diced onion

1 package Yves ground "beef"

Butter substitute

1 can Progresso Lentil soup(I know sounds kinda weird to add to chilli but it made it yummy and added fiber/protein)

Tomato chunks(I used canned tomato chunks but next time I will use fresh)

Chilli powder

First I sautéed the onions and then I added a whole package of Yves ground "beef" and I added a spoonful of earth balance butter and then I added a whole can of Progresso vegetable classics lentil soup after I drained some of the liquid and then I added the tomato chunks and then I just added Chilli powder to taste.I absolutely LOVED it!! It made quite a bit so I can have it for at least three meals.  

like I said I'm new to veganism and I would love to hear any suggestions on how I could improve this recipe to perhaps make it a little more healthy. :)

Werewolf Girl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Hi Jessica, I also love chili! You could add a can or two of beans, like pinto, red, blck, navy, any kind really. Or frozen peas. Also, frozen vegetables are cheap and healthy, so you can throw some of those in too, if you like. With chili, it is all about the delicious spices that make everything taste good. smiley.gif
#3 Old 06-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I love vegan chili! Your recipe sounds delicious.
I recently made chili and threw some quinoa in there- yum! I also added a lot of random chopped veggies- zucchini, carrots, bell peppers, etc.
I do love the traditional "meaty" chili with TVP or soy crumbles, beans, and tomatoes though!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-17-2013, 06:38 PM

Was looking for a good recipe for dinner tonight, I'm a huge vegan chilli fan so this seems perfect, can't wait to try it. :)

Werewolf Girl likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page