Addicting PB Spread - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-17-2006, 04:59 PM

I got this recipe from my mom, who lived off it during her hippie days in college, (so it's cheap and easy!). All you need is:

1/2 Block Tofu (any kind you like, softer will blend more, but the firmer will make it lighter and fluffier) I just use any old tofu I have in the fridge

1/2 cup Peanut butter

2TBS Raisins

1TBS Almonds

Combine all ingredients and mix with a fork until a uniform consistancy is reached, or if you're really feeling lazy put the tofu and peanut butter in a food processer and then add the other ingredients after.

You can also add:

*Apricots

*Dates

*Natural Cane Sugar (or any other sweetener you like, liquid sweeteners don't leave a grainy taste, I only add sugar if I want a sweet treat)

*Seeds

*Fresh Fruit

This spread is great on sandwiches, crackers, fruit or just plain out of the container, I swear this will not last long in the fridge, you will eat a spoonful every time you open the door. This also is a very open recipe, add whatever you want, this really uses up that last little bit of tofu in the package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-22-2006, 02:56 PM

This does sound good, I wonder if I can take it and mock up peanut butter some how, I'll let you know if I do it!
#3 Old 09-01-2006, 07:36 AM
Veggie Regular

is this supposed to end up being smooth? or chunky w/ all the fruit and nuts whole?

i suppose, really, that it doesnt matter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page