Ingredients:

------------------------------------------------------

1/2 cup aduki beans, cooked and cooled

1tsp lemon juice (or to taste)

Pinch dried mixed herbs

Pinch ground cumin

Instructions:

Really simple - mash all the ingredients together until reasonably mushy. Easy as that!

Additional comments:

I just made this after overdoing it when cooking aduki beans for a risotto. It works well with a sandwich made with spinach, cucumber, tomato and spring onions on toasted multigrain bread. I was pleasently surprised. Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-31-2006, 08:27 AM
Veggie Regular

brilliant! im gonna try this, as i've always got aduki beans in the cupboard, but dunno what else to do with them apart from add them to a lentil stew/dahl.

sounds great!
#3 Old 03-31-2006, 01:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower View Post

brilliant! im gonna try this, as i've always got aduki beans in the cupboard, but dunno what else to do with them apart from add them to a lentil stew/dahl.

sounds great!

Aduki beans make a great dessert.

Just boil down the beans to a soup consistency. Add sugar, vanilla and soy milk. You can eat it cold or hot. Also, pour the liquid in an ice tray and you can make aduki bean frozen dessert. Aduki beans are very popular in Japan and China for desserts. They are rich in iron.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-01-2006, 06:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauteedbeans View Post

Just boil down the beans to a soup consistency. Add sugar, vanilla and soy milk. You can eat it cold or hot. Also, pour the liquid in an ice tray and you can make aduki bean frozen dessert. Aduki beans are very popular in Japan and China for desserts. They are rich in iron.

Mmmm, Sauteedbeans, that sounds good. Must try it...
#5 Old 04-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauteedbeans View Post

aahh brilliant i didnt know this. cool!
#6 Old 09-07-2006, 04:54 PM

After I read this I was very excited to try it! When I started making it I didn't like the texture too much, it seemed awfully mealy. I added some sour cream and it really helped.

I took whole wheat bread and lightly buttered it, put it on the griddle with the bean mixture on one piece and monterey jack cheese with fresh sweet peppers on the other piece. Once the cheese was melted I took both pieces off and put cucumber, tomato, sprouts, and onion on. YUMMY!!!
#7 Old 09-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Beginner

Ooh i'll haver to try this on a sandwhich!! I LOVE adzuki beans. My favorite is homemade vegan adzuki bean ice cream. Soo good and an actually semi-healthy ice cream(or at least that's the excuse i use for eating alot of it LOL!). I'll have to make some now, i have homemmade adzuki bean curd in the fridge screaming ice cream to me. LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page