2 tbsp soy milk

2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)

2 ½ cups quick cooking or rolled oatmeal

dash cinnamon (optional)

1/4 cup flour

Instructions:

------------------------------------------------------

PREPARATION:

In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork until smooth. Add peanut butter, soy milk, vanilla and maple syrup and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.

Drop spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 13-16 minutes at 350 degrees, or until done.

Note: This recipe is only truly sugar-free if you used unsweetened peanut butter and unsweetened soymilk, so read the ingredients list and look for soy milk that says "Unsweetened" right on the label.

Additional comments:

------------------------------------------------------

I got this from About.com. When I found it, it seemed to be exactly for what I was looking when I began playing with the oatmeal cookie recipe that Michael submitted. I didn't add the peanut butter, as the naturaly stuff I have from Whole Foods wasn't smooth enough (I didn't feel like dealing with it, even though it had already been sitting out for a few hours) and I certainly wasn't going to use my husband's stuff with the corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup. I only used a half cup of oats per batch since any more seemed like too much. The cookies are doughy, but I like them that way and they're good with my Smart Source spread. I also omitted the vanilla as I realized I didn't have any after I started mixing them. I'm sure that they would taste better with it. They kinda taste like a cross between banana oatmeal and banana bread. Yummy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Veggie Regular

sounds awesome, I'll definitely have to try this when I go back home for the summer!
#3 Old 05-18-2006, 04:50 AM
Banned

this one is very good . thanks a lot .

i will try doing it at home as i am on diet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-28-2006, 04:16 PM

I just made these. They are very good, but you can tell there isn't sugar in them! I'll probably play with the recipe and tweak it out. Maybe applesauce and baking soda could be added to the mix to make them more cookie-like. Right now, it's more like balls of banana-oat "bread."
#5 Old 09-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I remember when I made them, they definately weren't potluck quality. However, I think I might play with them again, especially since I have an abundance of counter space to actually bake. Also, my husband now eats my natural PB, though I've happened to be buying the PB with sugar. (Skippy, mostly, but the jar I have in the fridge now is Manatha, becasue it was on sale for $2.50 and I had some coupons for $1 off that doubled. I had three coupons, so I bought three jars.)

Too bad I don't have any bananas. I have the time and I'm in the mood to bake. Sigh.

Laura
#6 Old 09-29-2006, 02:16 PM

I made these using raw cashew butter before...and they were still just as good
#7 Old 10-11-2006, 08:45 AM
Veggie Regular

I wanted to play with this one again, but my husband ate one of the two bananas I was saving for it. I wasn't upset, though. I'm just happy that he's eating fruits and veggies as actual snacks and meals now.

I still have one, but I think I'll just throw it in the blender today with some apple and grapes, soy milk and Tofutti and see what happens.

Eh.
#8 Old 11-26-2006, 10:16 AM
Veggie Regular

I made these with some substitutions. I used about 3 tbs. chocolate almond milk instead of soy milk, and used half flour, half cocoa powder. I also used finger bananas instead of regular bananas. I sed slightly less oats to make them less bready and more cookie-like. They're amazing and don't taste low-fat/virtually refined sugar free at all!
#9 Old 11-26-2006, 12:57 PM

MmMmm...that idea with the cocoa powder sounds nifty!
#10 Old 11-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I made these, and they definitely taste like little mounds of oatmeal banana bread. If I were to make them again, I'd add a little more peanut butter, because I can only taste hints of it in some of the cookies; the banana flavor really overtakes them.
#11 Old 11-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow I might make these for thanksgiving. Just fyi the title is misleading since Maple Syrup had sugar in it and Bananas have sugar in them lolz.

Sorry I'm just being stupid.

“May all sentient beings be free of pain and suffering.  May all sentient beings experience eternal joy and happiness.  gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.”
http://www.facebook.com/doktormartini
http://twitter.com/#!/MartyBaureis
http://doktormartini.tumblr.com

#12 Old 12-22-2008, 01:43 PM

{formerly Down_to_Earth... Yes, I get the pun.

I like the idea of chocolate peanut butter. Yummy. If I ever have time to play with the recipe again, I'll will try the cocoa powder and the chocolate soy milk. However, I have a 15-month-old daugther now and I don't have time to go potty any more. (She doesn't stay still.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page