1 tbsp chia seed (rounded)

1 tsp baking soda

1 1/2 tsp vanilla

1 pinch of salt

1 cup of vegan chocolate chips

1 Ener-G Egg Replacement

Instructions:

-----------------------------------------------------

Grind chia, flax, and hemp seeds in a coffee grinder. Mix the ground powder, margarine, and sugar into an electric mixer or by hand (just go buy a Kitchen Aid). Mix in eggs (Ener-G, that is) and vanilla until all is blended. Combine the flours, baking soda, and salt. Add it to the wet mixture and mix just until the ingredients are blended. Add the 1 cup of chocolate chips until mixed throughout. Dont over mix. You have a lot of gluten in your flour and every stroke makes it more angry and chewy (not the chewy cookie kind, more like the chewie Tootsie Roll kind).

Use that cool Pampered Chef scooper or two lame spoons and drop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake them at 375 (oh yeah, preheat the oven) for 9 11 minutes. You will know when they are done based on your chewy or crunchy preference. Let cool for 5 minutes and put on a baking rack (invest in one of these, they make a difference).

Additional comments:

-----------------------------------------------------

I dare any veganphobic person to honestly tell me that the real ones taste better. The hemp and flax seeds add some oil and earthy flavor to these. They are borderline nutty with all of the soft dough and chocolate infusion.

PS You get a nice shot of iron, calcium, protein, fiber, omega-3, and antioxidants in these thanks to the superfoods. They still have the calories, but zero cholesterol and a tad less saturated fat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Ankle Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glanyvegan View Post

Grind chia, flax, and hemp seeds in a coffee grinder. Mix the ground powder, margarine, and sugar into an electric mixer or by hand (just go buy a Kitchen Aid). Mix in eggs and vanilla until all is blended. Combine the flours, baking soda, and salt. Add it to the wet mixture and mix just until the ingredients are blended. Add the 1 cup of chocolate chips until mixed throughout. Dont over mix. You have a lot of gluten in your flour and every stroke makes it more angry and chewy (not the chewy cookie kind, more like the chewie Tootsie Roll kind).

Eggs? There aren't any eggs in the recipe. I'm guessing you meant the egg replacer, but did you intend to mix it with water or not?

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#3 Old 10-14-2009, 12:15 PM

Sorry for the confusion. I meant "Ener-G" eggs in my instructions like in the ingredient list. I just modified the post to make it more clear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page