Chocolate-chip Zucchini Cake - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-13-2005, 01:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Category: Dessert - Cakes

This recipe is suitable for a: vegetarian/vegan diet.

**This was created for baking in one of those round, ring "Bundt" cake pans - if you don't have one, use a 9 X 11 cake pan and less baking time.

Ingredients:

-----------------------------------------------------

2 1/2 cups grated fresh zuchini

2 very ripe bananas, mashed well

1 cup canola oil

3 cups flour (2 cups of this amount could be pastry flour if you have it)

2 cups sugar

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. soda

1 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. vanilla

1 cups ground walnuts, almonds or pecans (since I hate walnuts but some people love them)

1 cup vegan chocolate chips (the mini-chips are great, but very hard to find...)

Instructions:

In medium sized mixing bowl, combine zuchini, bananas, oil, and vanilla.

Beat with electric mixer. In large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except chocolate.

Add wet mixture to dry, mix well and add chocolate chips. Pour into well-greased and floured bundt pan.

Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes, until toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean. Let cool upright 15 minutes, then invert onto cooling rack. Allow to cool 30 minutes before tasting. Enjoy

Additional comments:

Good with a lemon glaze, cream cheese frosting or a dusting of powdered sugar (the powdered sugar looks SO pretty for Birthdays or Christmas).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-13-2005, 07:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow, this cake doesn't sound too hard. Maybe I should try it.

<---baking impaired
#3 Old 08-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Veggie Regular

G2B - even a "baking impaired" person can make this cake, I swear... It's SUPER eaqsy!!

I do it all the time and I definitely USED to be incredibly "baking impaired".

Besides, it's so yummy it'll impress the heck out of your friends!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-22-2005, 09:22 AM
Veggie Regular

I just made this recipe except i didn't have a big bundt tin, so i halfed the recipe and made 6 baby bundts instead. They smell amazing and the mixture was so nice. :droool: A great way to use up the extra zucchini.
#5 Old 09-01-2005, 07:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Yum.

I have a zucchini bar recipe from my mother. She used to make it when I was a kid. I forgot the baking soda. I had to hand copy the recipe from Word to paper (my printer is broken) and I forgot to list the baking soda. Actually, it's not on the ingredient list. Either I didn't copy it from my mom's recipe, or type it when I was typing it onto Word. Oops. It's in the directions though. I wonder if I wrote it down.

When I was done mixing it, I realized that there wasn't any baking soda or powder in it, and looked at the list again. Nothing. I thought, okay... When I poured it into the pan, I thought it looked flat, but thought it would still rise. Well, now it's like baked dough. Still yummy, but not good enough to take to the community cook out last night. (Thankfully, I had a bag of Doritos to take.)

I'm going to copy and paste your recipe to my list. I have chunks of milk chocolate that I bought on clearance at the grocery. (I think I should have gotten one more when they went down to eight for a dollar. Eh.)

Anyway, thank you.

Laura
#6 Old 09-01-2005, 10:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vheogl View Post

I just made this recipe except i didn't have a big bundt tin, so i halfed the recipe and made 6 baby bundts instead. They smell amazing and the mixture was so nice. :droool: A great way to use up the extra zucchini.

What a great idea!! I've seen those "Baby Bundt" pans before...

My kids LOVE this recipe made into cupcakes too - their friends always ask for them at school bake sales!!
#7 Old 02-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I made this Sunday, and it turned out great! It was much better after it cooled than while it was still warm, though. When warm, it tasted doughy, and I was afraid I hadn't cooked it long enough. Once it cooled down, everyone loved it.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#8 Old 02-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Definitley printing this one! All of your recipes sound fabulous.
#9 Old 02-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

G2B - even a "baking impaired" person can make this cake, I swear... It's SUPER eaqsy!!

pray tell, what is an eaqsy cake?
#10 Old 04-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalea View Post

pray tell, what is an eaqsy cake?

me and my fam love this recipe! i think it's the banana in there that makes it really yummy. i made the cake a week or so ago and frosted it, and then made this recipe into muffins a few days ago. it made 24 muffins, and i baked them for a little over 20 minutes. turned out delicious and you'd never know there was zucchini in there.

i also love the smell of the cinnamon and the walnuts! before i take a bite, i just smell them! so good, this recipe is a keeper for sure. thanks so much for posting it!
#11 Old 06-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Beginner

Great recipe! I had a recipe almost of the same variation before, but it had a different name to it, I can’t actually recall what it was. If I remember it I’ll make a new post.

Thank you nonetheless for your contribution, I’ll be sure to place this recipe in my ever-growing bookmarks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page