Raw Frosty Berry Squares - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-18-2011, 09:55 PM

Hi everyone!

I just want to share one of my favorite desserts, Frosty Berry Squares. I know you'll surely love this too!

Frosty Berry Squares

Attachment 16661

Crust:
¾ cup raw almonds
12-15 dates
¼ – ½ tsp cinnamon
pinch of sea salt

Strawberry Filling:
1 cup cashews, soaked
1 basket strawberries (approx. 20)
2 Tbsp lemon juice (½ lemon)
2+ Tbsp raw agave nectar
⅛ tsp nutmeg

• In advance, soak cashew for 2-4 hours. Drain, rinse well, and pat dry before using.
  • Prepare crust first. Place almonds in a food processor with it’s S blade and grind into a four. Coarsely chop pitted dates and add to the flour. Add cinnamon and salt and process together until the mixture starts to form a dough-like consistency. Transfer crust mixture into 4 individual ramekins or a small square (4×4) pan. Double batches will fill an 8×8 pan. Press dough to evenly cover the bottom. Set aside.
  • Wipe out or wash the processor before adding soaked cashews; process cashews until smooth. Remove stems from the strawberries (reserve a few for garnish or strawberry sauce) and add. Add remaining ingredients then process together until smooth. Pour filling onto the crust and spread evenly with a spatula. Place in the freezer to firm for several hours.
  • If garnishing with strawberry sauce, just prior to serving purée a few strawberries together with a drizzle of agave. Or, top with fresh sliced berries.
  • Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving–or less if you’re blessed with beautiful, warm weather. Cut into squares or serve in ramekins, garnish, and serve.

Enjoy.
Thanks a lot! Hope you'll try it and post some reviews.
LL

Werewolf Girl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mmm, that looks so good I can't believe I missed this recipe before. I love raw desserts but a lot of them have such long and complicated lists of ingredients, it's nice that this one looks fairly simple as well as delicious.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#3 Old 01-25-2014, 11:27 PM
Veggie Regular

YUMMY! smiley.gif Thank you for sharing this recipe it looks very delicious! Yum!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page