I just want to share one of my favorite desserts, Frosty Berry Squares. I know you'll surely love this too!
Frosty Berry Squares
¾ cup raw almonds
¼ – ½ tsp cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
1 cup cashews, soaked
1 basket strawberries (approx. 20)
2 Tbsp lemon juice (½ lemon)
2+ Tbsp raw agave nectar
⅛ tsp nutmeg
- In advance, soak cashew for 2-4 hours. Drain, rinse well, and pat dry before using.
- Prepare crust first. Place almonds in a food processor with it’s S blade and grind into a four. Coarsely chop pitted dates and add to the flour. Add cinnamon and salt and process together until the mixture starts to form a dough-like consistency. Transfer crust mixture into 4 individual ramekins or a small square (4×4) pan. Double batches will fill an 8×8 pan. Press dough to evenly cover the bottom. Set aside.
- Wipe out or wash the processor before adding soaked cashews; process cashews until smooth. Remove stems from the strawberries (reserve a few for garnish or strawberry sauce) and add. Add remaining ingredients then process together until smooth. Pour filling onto the crust and spread evenly with a spatula. Place in the freezer to firm for several hours.
- If garnishing with strawberry sauce, just prior to serving purée a few strawberries together with a drizzle of agave. Or, top with fresh sliced berries.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving–or less if you’re blessed with beautiful, warm weather. Cut into squares or serve in ramekins, garnish, and serve.
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission