I've re-worded this recipe I was given by a friend.
Suitable for: A Vegetarian/vegan diet.
3 heaped tsp baking powder
2oz cocoa (sifted)
8 tbsp oil
10 fl oz water
1 mashed banana
2 oz vegan margerine
3 tbsp water
7 oz icing sugar
2 oz cocoa
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Grease and line your cake tins. The original recipe mentions two 8inch round tins, but I used a small loaf tin and it was fine, the cake just took a little longer. Pre-heat oven to gas mark 5 (190deg C).
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, cocoa and oil. Stir these until very smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients (I always leave the banana until last) then thoroughly mix.
3. Place in the oven for about 40 minutes (it may need longer; use the skewer test).
1. Melt the margerine in a saucepan, then add other ingredients and mix thoroughly. Leave to cool.
2. Beat the cooled mixture. Yum!