Socca - The Super Bread - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By veggienovelist

#1 Old 01-23-2018, 12:33 PM

Socca - The Super Bread

Just wanted to share my recipe for socca - a super delicious flatbread from southern France. It's vegan, high protein, and really easy to make!

veggienovelist.com/2018/01/23/socca-the-vegan-flatbread/
David3 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-05-2018, 03:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Thank you.. I had to cut and paste to see it. Hope you don't mind my just putting it here to make it easier.

Also noteworthy is socca’s health appeal. Because it’s made with chickpea flour, socca is very high in protein. It also has high concentrations of iron, magnesium, and vitamin B-6. And as you’d expect, it’s a fairly low-calorie food. For my serving size, that means only 340 calories!
Ingredients:
2 Cups Chickpea Flour
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 1/2 Cup Water
Optional:
Pinch Garlic powder
Pinch Salt
Pinch Black Pepper

Instructions:
Put a teaspoon of olive oil in an 8 inch pan, and warm on medium high heat.
Mix the flour, water, and remaining olive oil together.
Pour enough batter in to cover the bottom of the pan, then sprinkle on seasonings (if desired).
When underside begins to brown, use a spatula to flip the bread. Let cook for one minute or until other side begins browning as well.
Repeat, and serve.

Tips:
We mentioned earlier that Socca can be a pancake substitute. The pancake-reference applies in more ways than one. When cooking, just imagine you’re cooking a pancake. There’s really no difference.
Socca can be topped with practically anything! (Note: I said “practically”.)
For vegans, why not top some of your favorite veggies on there and toss it in the oven. Then serve with olive oil. Or put some bean and roce on top and have a cachapa. Want something sweet? Put your favorite fruits on top and have 100% lacto-ovo free pancakes!
Vegetarians out there could consider topping with cheese and having a mini-pizza. (Quick tip here: always put garlic powder and dried oregano on your cheese. Always!) Or fry a few eggs and drop them on top. Really the possiblities are endless!

Tags
#easy , #protein , #vegan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page