What is your favourite tea? - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 43Likes

#61 Old 05-25-2016, 07:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Carnarias Yerba Mata. I love to make my own chai out of Assam tea, almond milk and a good Garahm Masala
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 05-25-2016, 01:56 PM
Riot Nrrrd

Quote:
OT, coincidentally, I just saw this in the store yesterday. I read it in Spanish and immediately thought I was translating it wrongly, but no. It's a drink mix with corn starch and vanilla flavoring. I am gagging a little at the thought of the texture, but the flavor is probably fine.

I can't speak to that particular product, but I used to make atole all the time. I'd buy bags of masa harina, attempt to make tortillas, get frustrated, and use the bulk of the bag for atole and as a thick breakfast porridge.

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 18002738255
#63 Old 05-30-2016, 05:50 PM
Beanitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symondezyn View Post
I save up my Starbucks rewards and exchange them for free tea
Wait...you actually get stuff with your SB star codes?!

Beanitarian.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 05-30-2016, 05:53 PM
Beanitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in MPLS View Post
I can't speak to that particular product, but I used to make atole all the time. I'd buy bags of masa harina, attempt to make tortillas, get frustrated, and use the bulk of the bag for atole and as a thick breakfast porridge.
I am under the impression the drink is made with corn starch, not cornmeal.

Cornmeal porridge rocks.

Beanitarian.
#65 Old 05-30-2016, 09:00 PM
Riot Nrrrd

Quote:
I am under the impression the drink is made with corn starch, not cornmeal.
Masa harina and cornmeal are different beasts. (The grind on masa harina is finer than even fine cornmeal. Also, it's nixtamatalized while meal is not) Here's a recipe from allrecipes that uses masa harina. Atole can also be made with rice flour, but I'd think that would make it horchata, but sometimes the drink with rice flour is called atole.

Looking at the comments on the recipe it looks like whether corn starch or masa harina is used in atole is a regional deal. I think it'd taste awful with corn starch.

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 18002738255
#66 Old 05-30-2016, 10:50 PM
Plant Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineaa View Post
Wait...you actually get stuff with your SB star codes?!
LOL ^_^ I actually only recently discovered that you could use them for loose leaf tea... makes sense since Sbux owns Teavana but I never put two and two together until I read the fine print one day :P
#67 Old 01-12-2017, 06:17 PM

Green tea is also my favorite. Wel, it's enjoyable when it tastes bitter at first, then turns a littlr bit sweet later. Green tea, a time-honored beverage choice in China, Japan, and other Asian countries and cultures, can bring many health benefits including weight loss, ability to fight against many diseases like cancer, cardiovascular diseases and various of infections. However, a lot of people dislike the tea because of its tatse. But you can make it better by some following methods.
A touch of sweetener
Although it’s traditionally consumed unsweetened, there’s nothing stopping you from trying a little sugar—or other sweetener—in your cup to enhance the flavor or your green tea. Maybe honey or Stevia.
A Splash of Lemon
Adding fresh lemon juice into a cup of green tea enhances the flavor. And we love lemon! The citrus notes bring out the perfume of the tea and balance the bitterness. Some prefer this combo with a touch of sweetener while others go without. Try squeezing a lemon wedge into your morning serving of green tea and take a sip, then sweeten to taste.
Iced it
Iced green tea will be a amazing experience for you, espeically in summer.
#68 Old 03-21-2018, 06:16 AM

Chamomile tea is my favorite, add a bit of honey and it tastes delicious.
#69 Old 03-23-2018, 10:03 AM

If you like green tea and you want something with health benefits then check out Matcha. Otherwise I've really been enjoying mate lately
#70 Old 06-18-2018, 03:20 AM

i normally like normal tea with less sugar although i don't have any health issue, according to a day I experiment with tea i drink ginger tea, masala tea, chocolate tea and Cardamon tea in all masala tea is best one. I can recommend you for this as it refreshes my mood and its taste is also savors apart them if you are really looking for detox option use lemon leaves with tea leaves drink that it really works effectively.
#71 Old 06-21-2018, 05:45 AM

Hi,

joining the discussion I wanna say that I used to drink green tea before but now I prefer a very special type of tea - Pu-erh.
It has very specific taste, not for everyone, but you should try it
It is good for weight loss and reduces the acidity in your body.
You may find on the Web how it is cool to cook it according to the Chinese traditions.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page