What is your favourite tea? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 43Likes

#31 Old 12-13-2015, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

would oolong be described as smokey? or nutty?
it's growing on me and i can't quite describe its flavor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 12-22-2015, 08:59 AM
Chaotic Vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobbenstein View Post
Earl Grey, hot.

Lapsang souchong is also great.....reminds me of the London Underground, for some reason.....the warm air you get as a train is coming towards the station.
Might be why so many people say my tea stink ! But no wonders... It's awesome !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bon appétit !
#33 Old 12-22-2015, 11:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I love all kinds of tea. Spiced Chai, green, white, oolong, roobios. I love them ALL.
David3 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 12-22-2015, 01:16 PM
Fellow Hummusapian

I don't consider myself much of a tea connoisseur, but I don't much care for fruity teas either, unless it's lemony. I love lemon tea.

I also really love minty tea, especially spearmint. Green tea got easier for me to drink once I found a good brand and found a mint/green tea mix.

Wissotzky, Harney & Sons, Zhena, and Yogi are my favorite brands. I just bought a box of Yogi Tahitian vanilla + hazelnut, for the holidays. I'm not sure but I believe you can find Wissotzky over in your neck of the woods.
#35 Old 12-22-2015, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Chai! All those spices really put me in the holiday spirit.
David3 likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#36 Old 12-23-2015, 04:33 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I haven't tried many different kinds of true tea; I think I've only had Pekoe, or something like that (whatever kind Lipton and Red Rose teas are), and the tea they serve in Chinese restaurants. I had Earl Grey once (because Captain Picard, on "Star Trek: Next Generation" always drank it)... it seemed just like regular tea to me.

If you include herb teas, my favorite is catnip, followed by peppermint. I've also had chamomile, spearmint, and lemon balm.
David3 and jennb like this.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#37 Old 12-23-2015, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I haven't tried many different kinds of true tea; I think I've only had Pekoe, or something like that (whatever kind Lipton and Red Rose teas are), and the tea they serve in Chinese restaurants. I had Earl Grey once (because Captain Picard, on "Star Trek: Next Generation" always drank it)... it seemed just like regular tea to me.

If you include herb teas, my favorite is catnip, followed by peppermint. I've also had chamomile, spearmint, and lemon balm.
I never liked black teas before, I was a coffee addict-straight up black, nothing fancy. One day I got sick of taking up counter space, so I cleaned it up and stored it, and switched to teas. Suddenly I liked them. Orange pekoe (red rose type), oolong, English breakfast, and Earl grey. Some earl greys' have a stronger beremoie (sp?) flavor than others. I've had a lady grey that has bergemoie and citrus.
David3 likes this.
#38 Old 12-23-2015, 06:01 PM

I'm a big tea freak. I love to try new teas. Red Rose is a family favorite and there is nothing that a pot of tea can't fix. lol. Chai used to be my favorite to buy when I was out. My newest tea obsession, is bubble tea. I really like to chose the different flavours of teas and plant milks.
David3 likes this.
#39 Old 12-23-2015, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackiesgirl View Post
I'm a big tea freak. I love to try new teas. Red Rose is a family favorite and there is nothing that a pot of tea can't fix. lol. Chai used to be my favorite to buy when I was out. My newest tea obsession, is bubble tea. I really like to chose the different flavours of teas and plant milks.
Have you ever made your own bubble/boba tea?
I've had it once, with what I'm sure was cream, but I loved the big tapioca pearls! they tasted like they were simmered in a sugary water.
I wonder if there are recipes for sweet tapioca pearls?
David3 likes this.
#40 Old 12-23-2015, 07:14 PM

I've never tried making it at home but I know you can find the supplies at an asian grocery store. I shop at the vietnamese and korean grocery stores in my neighbourhood and they sell those big tapioca pearls and all the syrups in one aisle in the store. I would wait until after Christmas to shop for them now though because it's insane in there now.Ethnic grocery stores are a hoot anyway. You want to go when you have the time to enjoy the experience.
David3 likes this.
#41 Old 04-23-2016, 07:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I love all yogi teas. My favorite is the honey lavender for relaxation (it is certified vegan )
David3 and jennb like this.
#42 Old 04-24-2016, 03:39 AM

I love green tea with lemons :-)
David3 likes this.
#43 Old 04-26-2016, 08:28 AM

Herbal teas are my thing, especially peppermint and lemon balm, which I grow myself.
LedBoots, David3 and jennb like this.
#44 Old 04-26-2016, 09:55 AM

I love love love tea. Now I don't drink caffeine anymore so I stick to herbal teas. My favorite would probably be peppermint because I find it very soothing and calming. My other favorites are bengal spice by Celestial Seasonings (like cinnamon hearts in a cup), tulsi tea, chamomile/lavendar, and sage tea.
LedBoots and Spudulika like this.

Live it, love it, own it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#45 Old 04-26-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
Chai! All those spices really put me in the holiday spirit.

Yes! Chai is so comforting Like a warm hug!
David3 likes this.

#46 Old 04-26-2016, 10:51 AM
Happy vegan

I like earl gray creme or chai teas. Green is good as well but it's not my favorite.
David3 likes this.
#47 Old 04-26-2016, 11:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Honeybush, which of course is not a true tea.
David3 likes this.
#48 Old 05-04-2016, 12:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennb View Post
I love love love tea. Now I don't drink caffeine anymore so I stick to herbal teas. My favorite would probably be peppermint because I find it very soothing and calming. My other favorites are bengal spice by Celestial Seasonings (like cinnamon hearts in a cup), tulsi tea, chamomile/lavendar, and sage tea.

I love peppermint too! I also like chamomile, rose hip, apple & cinnamon, lemongrass, ginger.. I'll stop there.
David3 likes this.
#49 Old 05-05-2016, 01:48 AM
The Corpulent Vegan

I pick up specialty flavored teas from a shop in Leavenworth called Cup and Kettle. They sell loose-leaf teas that taste DIVINE. I love the Temple of Heaven Gunpowder, Cream Earl Grey, and Evening In Missoula. The first is a green tea from China, the second speaks for itself, and the third is a blend of chamomile, spearmint, lavender, rose hips, lemongrass, and a few other herbs. It's such a wonderful evening relaxation tea...
David3 likes this.

It's better to burn out than fade away! - Def Leppard

#50 Old 05-05-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
I love peppermint too! I also like chamomile, rose hip, apple & cinnamon, lemongrass, ginger.. I'll stop there.
lol yes the list could go on and on! Apple and cinnamon is a good one too! I haven't tried rosehip yet, I'll add it to the list
David3 likes this.

#51 Old 05-21-2016, 06:43 PM
Beanitarian

Yesterday I had strawberry kiwi herbal tea over ice. It was phenomenal. I am searching for somewhere to buy it from now.

I've had prickly pear tea and would drink that every day if I could find it.

As a side note, it is tragic that I live in the world of prickly pear fruit and you can't buy it in the store. Upscale bars have prickly pear cocktails, and gift shops sell pancake syrup, jelly and candies, but you can't find the fruit or juice anywhere. I've planted them all over my yard--some day I will be as happy as a pig in ****.

I am constantly tempted to get a black balaclava and sneak around one night picking them. They just fall on the ground and get thrown away.
LedBoots and David3 like this.

Beanitarian.
#52 Old 05-22-2016, 08:30 AM

I love a nice cup of green tea with nothing else but tea in it. I also like my green tea really strong so I leave the tea bag in a long time

In the uk you can check out the tea house (located in London near covent garden). They ship online and have a lot of very nice teas, the Sakura Sencha Wild Cherry blend is definitley a favorite
#53 Old 05-22-2016, 12:06 PM
Vegan since 1991

I make my own tea with tree bark, corn cobs, and soaked compost for minerals and aroma. It is brewed in the distilled urine of saints.

I'm trying to be funny, but then I saw that corn cob tea really exists: http://www.chasingsaturdays.com/home...7/corn-cob-tea . Also, I remember now that cinnamon comes from bark. Don't drink compost.

imagineaa likes this.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/

Last edited by David3; 05-22-2016 at 01:09 PM.
#54 Old 05-22-2016, 06:15 PM

I recently bought a big box of rooibos tea from Holland and Barrett. Would definitely recommend
#55 Old 05-22-2016, 06:27 PM
Plant Powered

mm, tea!!

You might say I'm slightly obsessed with tea; I have a whole cabinet of different loose leaf teas, plus I collect various puerhs (which are a variety of Chinese tea grown in Yunnan, often pressed into cakes and aged for best flavour).

I also have a long time love affair with genmaicha, which is the type of tea you often find in sushi restaurants; it's just sencha mixed with toasted rice. It's amazing.

It's getting hot now so I will switch more to fruity/citrus blend teas and drink them over ice. I have one I take to hot yoga that's a blend of white and green teas, lime and melon. So lovely
#56 Old 05-22-2016, 06:39 PM

Mountain tea, peppermint, rose... I like anything with fruits and flowers too.
LedBoots likes this.
#57 Old 05-23-2016, 05:48 AM
Beanitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by David3 View Post
I make my own tea with tree bark, corn cobs, and soaked compost for minerals and aroma. It is brewed in the distilled urine of saints.

I'm trying to be funny, but then I saw that corn cob tea really exists: http://www.chasingsaturdays.com/home...7/corn-cob-tea .

The corn cob tea is probably good. I may make it the next time I have a cob available, just to keep the husband laughing.

OT, coincidentally, I just saw this in the store yesterday. I read it in Spanish and immediately thought I was translating it wrongly, but no. It's a drink mix with corn starch and vanilla flavoring. I am gagging a little at the thought of the texture, but the flavor is probably fine.

Is anyone here into Teavana? Do you have to buy those canisters, or will they give you the tea in a bag of some sort? I've only been in there once and they convinced my husband he had to buy two $25 canisters. I wasn't paying attention until he was checking out and the total was like $75. For tea. For tea! They do have some interesting stuff on their website, but I am going to forget about it if it's that pricey.

Beanitarian.

Last edited by imagineaa; 05-23-2016 at 05:52 AM.
#58 Old 05-23-2016, 09:01 AM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineaa View Post

OT, coincidentally, I just saw this in the store yesterday. I read it in Spanish and immediately thought I was translating it wrongly, but no. It's a drink mix with corn starch and vanilla flavoring. I am gagging a little at the thought of the texture, but the flavor is probably fine.

This looks like a modernized "atole", a traditional Mexican cornmeal-based hot drink: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atole

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/
#59 Old 05-23-2016, 07:39 PM
Plant Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineaa View Post

Is anyone here into Teavana? Do you have to buy those canisters, or will they give you the tea in a bag of some sort? I've only been in there once and they convinced my husband he had to buy two $25 canisters. I wasn't paying attention until he was checking out and the total was like $75. For tea. For tea! They do have some interesting stuff on their website, but I am going to forget about it if it's that pricey.
The only tea I get from them is their Monkey Picked Oolong, which is very good, but extremely pricey. I save up my Starbucks rewards and exchange them for free tea LOL.

If your hubby is into loose leaf tea, David's Tea is better. Better quality, better prices, and they give you a free canister if you buy 100g of any one tea. They also do free shipping over $50. Loose leaf tea is indeed pricier than bagged tea but much better quality; think of good quality coffee beans compared to Folgers
imagineaa likes this.
#60 Old 05-24-2016, 12:13 AM

Personally I prefer peppermint tea, chai (with chocolate) is great too, and on the rare occasions I manage to get the timing right with a darjeeling black tea, it's fine too

Blog and vegetarian recipe books:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page