salt (to taste)

pepper (to taste)

Instructions:

------------------------------------------------------

preheat oven to 350

Blend tofu until smooth

Cut artichokes in quarters

Take the spinach & nuke in micro for like a minute

Mix the tofu w/ spinach & then add garlic, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper & artichokes.

Put in a shallow baking pan & bake for about 20-30 min.

Serve w/ pita chips, crackers, crusty french bread, etc.

Additional comments:

------------------------------------------------------

I use lots of crushed garlic (yummy) & the nutritional yeast adds a very nice flavor to it.

This is always a hit wherever I bring this to veg & non-veg alike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-07-2007, 12:24 PM

Going to give this a try this week, thanks! I thought I was out of luck for spinach/artichoke dips once I went off dairy!
#3 Old 11-19-2007, 03:23 AM
Banned

Hi all,

I'm concerned about the number of feral cats in the area near my home in southern MO (Poplar Bluff to be exact). I'm also concerned about the level of income inequality and poverty in our area.

These problems have increased during the Bush presidency, and we need to start fighting for social justice.

Many people are involuntary vegans because of this injustice, so I'd like to offer a suggestion to help those who suffer.

http://www.ooze.com/ooze13/cats.html

My suggestion is to improve on this receipe by using the cat meat to prepare a Thanksgiving dip as follows:

1) Use this recipe using feral cats

2) Chop the meat in small chunks

3) Smother the chunks with velveta and artichoke

4) Use beef jerkey (like Jack Links - which is stiff) to scoop out the cheesy feral cat dip.

5) Wash it all down with a cold glass of whole milk from the gas station (btw -it takes a long time to fill my Escalade)

Yum yum.

Thanks,

A concerned citizen

PS: If enough people get active and try this recipe, we'll here less meowing at night - which makes for a better community.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Veggie Regular

yum! is the texture still good when you use tofu?
#5 Old 12-18-2007, 01:06 PM

This sounds awesome!!! I have a fam holiday party this friday and I am totally going to use this,

thanks!!
#6 Old 01-31-2008, 07:12 AM

I am going to make this for our Supewbowl Party. Hopefully all the non-veg's in my house (everyone else) will love it!

Thanks.
#7 Old 01-31-2008, 07:17 AM
Veggie Regular

This recipe is good, but needs a rich, fatty component to come close to comparing to the dip people are used to eating. If you can get Tofutti cream cheese and add that to it too, you'll be really pleased with the results.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#8 Old 01-31-2008, 09:17 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm about to make this right now but I don't have or usually buy tofutti cream cheese. I was thinkin about adding some veganaise?! We'll see how it comes out! lol
#9 Old 01-31-2008, 09:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Let us know how it turns out!
#10 Old 02-01-2008, 07:32 AM
Veggie Regular

I made it last night and it was pretty good! I had never blended tofu before so that was kinda fun It's really creamy in texture and takes up flavor very well. I had no idea!

I changed a few things though. I left out the nooch cause we don't like it. I also added a big ol spoonful of veganaise and a pouch of lipton onion soup mix for flavor. It was really good!!! Next time I'd use the vegetable mix (cause that's what we prefer) but I had this on hand and never use it, so now it had purpose lol. It is vegan, BTW.

Now I just have to find a way to make a vegan hawaiian sweet bread to go with it Here's the (kinda blurry) pic:
#11 Old 01-10-2009, 04:16 PM

I am gonna try this...like it in restaurants...but homemade is always better.

Peace Love and Happiness

Jenn
#12 Old 05-13-2009, 08:16 AM

Will definitely try this one. My recipe notebook will be filled out soon. So many yummy recipes here. Thanks..
#13 Old 06-18-2009, 07:14 PM

My fiance and I just tried this recipe on a whim tonight, we're actually eating it right now. Let me just say OH MY GOODNESS!! This is fabulous. I took the advice to add in some vegan cream cheese and it definitely added the extra "cheesy" punch I know I was looking for. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!
#14 Old 06-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I would LOVE to make this, but I can't get vegan cream cheese here (in fact, I can't get very many vegan products at all ). Is there anything I can use instead of vegenaise or vegan cream cheese?
#15 Old 07-16-2009, 11:26 AM

I eat way too much garlic (can you?), so the "for taste" is kinda dangerous there..

But definitely gonna try this out, thanks melissa and others for "bringing it up" as this has been around for a while it seems, but good ones often do
#16 Old 07-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Thank you so much for this! I've hated not being able to eat this, it seems as though recently it's become more popular with the people around me. Finally I have an alternative! Woo!
#17 Old 07-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Beginner

i will try this too. but since i dont like to substitute cheese for tofu. i will use soy cheese instead

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page