reliable brand of scale? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Veggie Regular

So no matter what brand of scale I have bought it seems to always not be very reliable or correct. Does anyone recommend a certain brand? I have a cheap one that isn't electronic and it always seems to not be anywhere near correct. I bought an electronic one once and It didn't work correctly either so I took it back . This scale is usually ten lbs or more different than the docs office. It says now that I gained 5 lbs this week. ( i know i didnt , haven't been eating that much and I have been excercising. So???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-16-2009, 07:53 PM

How do you know your doctors office one is correct if no other scale matches it?

The cheaper ones tend to be off, though.
#3 Old 01-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

How do you know your doctors office one is correct if no other scale matches it?

The cheaper ones tend to be off, though.

The doctors offices are always about the same . Like I have been to the primary doc and then the obgyn the same week and they were within a couple pounds of each other. I have the 5$ type scale and want to invest in a better kind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't know of a reliable scale, but in case you don't know, the time of day affects your weight. For example, if you weight at 7 am when you've gone to the bathroom but haven't eaten, you'll weight a lot less than at 5 pm when you've eaten a couple meals, had hormonal and water fluctuations throughout the day, etc.
#5 Old 01-18-2009, 08:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockindancer86 View Post

I don't know of a reliable scale, but in case you don't know, the time of day affects your weight. For example, if you weight at 7 am when you've gone to the bathroom but haven't eaten, you'll weight a lot less than at 5 pm when you've eaten a couple meals, had hormonal and water fluctuations throughout the day, etc.

Yes, I know about that. It was so funny... I weighed myself after dinner and snacking and all that and weighed 7 lbs less. I think I will just get another electronic one soon and hope it works better.
#6 Old 01-25-2009, 06:32 AM
Veggie Regular

I find it pretty hilarious that I def need to get another one because my husband who is 6 ft and an average or so weight got on the scale and it had the same weight that I had weighed on it for him. I think it is def broken.
#7 Old 01-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Veggie Regular

yeah... get a new one!
#8 Old 01-28-2009, 08:54 PM

you'll want a digital one that has the capability to zero itself....which any new digital one will do

also make sure it is on tile/hard floor and zero it before weighing every single time
#9 Old 01-30-2009, 06:08 AM
Veggie Regular

http://www.target.com/Taylor-Black-L...1041474&page=2

^I have this one. I have weighed myself after the doctor and it usually is the same give or take like 1lb. Its great. Just make sure you always weigh on hard ground like tile/linoleum.
#10 Old 01-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilurvebroccoli View Post

http://www.target.com/Taylor-Black-L...1041474&page=2

^I have this one. I have weighed myself after the doctor and it usually is the same give or take like 1lb. Its great. Just make sure you always weigh on hard ground like tile/linoleum.

That is a spiffy scale. I think that one I got was about 20 dollars and it was white. I think maybe next week I will buy a new scale. Yay!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page