August Weight Loss Challenge - Page 9 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#241 Old 08-27-2008, 07:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxe View Post

Skinny pants are the BEST for anyone under 5"7 . Skinny jeans are even better. If you get them skinny enough, Isabella, you don't even have to hem them, just scrunch them down at the ankles. I'm sure you'll look fantastic come September

Trying to swim through a flood of assignments. The stress is unbelievable right now.

Had the best gourmet veggie pizza yesterday at a friend's party (split it 50/50 with a friend), managed to turn down the massive cake slices for dessert even though they looked divine (macadamia, cookies and cream and strawberry cheesecake). I know it was for the best

Well, my age is truly showing. When I said "skinny" I meant they were a smaller size. But, yes you are right about the real skinny jeans and pants and I'm only 5' 2" (rounded to the nearest inch!). If I ever lose enough weight I might get me a pair of those.

Turning down the cake was probably the best thing you could do. Empty calories as far as nutrition. Sounds like they were real sugar and fat bombs.

I'm trying to get more protein in my diet. I mentioned that a while ago. But by the end of the day when I have all my calories used up I'm often lacking enough protein. I know I don't need too much but yesterday my protein was only 13% of my intake. Gonna try and get it up to around 20% today. I realized I like black beans so that will be a good source. We're having a lentil roast for dinner today so that should also be good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 Old 08-27-2008, 08:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Well sad news is i gained 1.5lbs out with the family.. grr must avoid cake! lol

Am being good today and planned a good snack when i head to the cinema later with my eldest.
#243 Old 08-27-2008, 09:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Thankfully, my weight has held steady even though my appetite is back. 141.8 this morning, it was 141.0 last week, so just a tiny gain. Hopefully I won't go crazy and gain before the month ends!!

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#244 Old 08-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Porffor, that piece of cake will soon disappear.

Chryssiie, sorry you were sick. That's the worst way to lose weight.

I'm just waiting to get up enough enthusiasm to go ride my exercise bike. You know if you don't do it when you plan all the momentum goes out of the thought, ha, ha.

It'll probably be quiet here starting tomorrow with the long Labor Day weekend coming up so have a good one everyone and keep on plan as much as possible. I will be home alone with mom so the BBQ I'd planned probably won't happen so less temptations to go around.
#245 Old 08-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey everyone - want to say congrats to all of you, sounds like your doing amazingly well and I admire your determination. I can't believe how little some of you are! I'm a fairly broad curvy 5'8 and I appear to have lost about 5 pounds this month so I'm about 150lbs and ideally would like to be about 138lbs. Half the reason I lost weight this month was being sick for a week and not being able to taste food - I mean seriously, what's the point if you can't taste it? I've been trying out some home pilates dvds as well since I haven't felt much like cardio. Hopefully I'll have proper success to speak of in September. Good luck everyone - you are all inspiring.
#246 Old 08-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Veggie Regular

I was getting a bit discouraged for a while even though I wasn't losing for a good reason..the dang cast on my foot and the back injury..I was trying to eat healthy and I was doing what I could for upper arms etc....just no calves or feet or back... the cast is off and I was still upset I wasn't losing more and faster!

I went to the gym today and when I went in to change, I noticed I could pull my shorts off without unbuttoning them or unzipping them....and that's not normal...

So I had my trainer help me do measurements, BMI, etc...

1 inch off the bust..

3 inches off the waist

1.25 inches off the hips

.50 inch off each thigh

.50 inch off each upper arm

calves stayed the same

% of body fat down 2.90%

BMI down 2.66 points

I am thrilled and its also a good reminder that just because you are not losing, it doesn't mean something good isn't going on...in my case I guess I was losing inches and "rearranging".

Don't get discouraged! We can do this and it will work!

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

#247 Old 08-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirrlup View Post

I was getting a bit discouraged for a while even though I wasn't losing for a good reason..the dang cast on my foot and the back injury..I was trying to eat healthy and I was doing what I could for upper arms etc....just no calves or feet or back... the cast is off and I was still upset I wasn't losing more and faster!

I went to the gym today and when I went in to change, I noticed I could pull my shorts off without unbuttoning them or unzipping them....and that's not normal...

1 inch off the bust..

3 inches off the waist

1.25 inches off the hips

.50 inch off each thigh

calves stayed the same

% of body fat down 2.90%

BMI down 2.66 points

I am thrilled and its also a good reminder that just because you are not losing, it doesn't mean something good isn't going on...in my case I guess I was losing inches and "rearranging".

I know what you mean. During the past month I have been losing inchs like crazy! My arms are smaller, My calves are smaller, My thighs are smaller, My waist and lower abdominal area is smaller and i've recently went down an entire cup size in bras. I wasn't losing really at all during the last couple months of dieting but being attentive in my calorie counting and adding in the daily exercise has really boosted the process lately! My 8's that I just recently got back into are now getting loose. As a matter of fact, My size 7 skirts are almost able to fit now. My new goal is to bump the size loss from the begining of the year to going down a size (hopefully getting to a 6) by November. As long as i'm down to my end goal size of a 3-4 by June so I can get my navel piercing and some professional photos for my birthday as promised, I'll be happy.

Good luck everyone! You're all doing so awesomely, I'm glad I can share in the good news with you now as well!
#248 Old 08-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfbabe View Post

Hey everyone - want to say congrats to all of you, sounds like your doing amazingly well and I admire your determination. I can't believe how little some of you are! I'm a fairly broad curvy 5'8 and I appear to have lost about 5 pounds this month so I'm about 150lbs and ideally would like to be about 138lbs. Half the reason I lost weight this month was being sick for a week and not being able to taste food - I mean seriously, what's the point if you can't taste it? I've been trying out some home pilates dvds as well since I haven't felt much like cardio. Hopefully I'll have proper success to speak of in September. Good luck everyone - you are all inspiring.

Hi Smurfbabe and welcome to the thread . Sounds as if you have a plan forming. We'll be looking forward to chatting with you as you work on your goal.

Quote:

1 inch off the bust..

3 inches off the waist

1.25 inches off the hips

.50 inch off each thigh

calves stayed the same

% of body fat down 2.90%

BMI down 2.66 points

Well, that's a real Non Scale Victory!!! Wow, you're gonna have to buy new clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animosity View Post

I know what you mean. During the past month I have been losing inchs like crazy! My arms are smaller, My calves are smaller, My thighs are smaller, My waist and lower abdominal area is smaller and i've recently went down an entire cup size in bras. I wasn't losing really at all during the last couple months of dieting but being attentive in my calorie counting and adding in the daily exercise has really boosted the process lately! My 8's that I just recently got back into are now getting loose. As a matter of fact, My size 7 skirts are almost able to fit now. My new goal is to bump the size loss from the begining of the year to going down a size (hopefully getting to a 6) by November. As long as i'm down to my end goal size of a 3-4 by June so I can get my navel piercing and some professional photos for my birthday as promised, I'll be happy.

Good luck everyone! You're all doing so awesomely, I'm glad I can share in the good news with you now as well!

Animosity, if I was a size 8 I'd do the happy dance. How tiny will you be at a size 3-4? We don't want you to fade away to a grease spot. I count calories, too. I love it. It's been the very best way I've ever used to lose weight (along with exercise, of course).
#249 Old 08-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Beginner

Quote:

BMI down 2.66 points

That's incredible! Well done

ÂOur prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama
#250 Old 08-29-2008, 04:36 AM
Veggie Regular

*sigh* back up a pound and a half...
#251 Old 08-29-2008, 05:23 AM
#252 Old 08-29-2008, 07:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh, yes, that can be quite a workout, too!!!!

I was going to report it but I didn't have the time when I first saw it.

For those of you who are wondering it was a "intimate" product.
#253 Old 08-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Veggie Regular

I reported that post...Looks like a troll to me

#254 Old 08-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Good, I didn't have the time when I first saw that post but I just came back to do something about it but you beat me to it Cowgirrlup.

Weigh in day tomorrow for me. I'm feeling as if I haven't lost anything but I've been wrong before.
#255 Old 08-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post

Good, I didn't have the time when I first saw that post but I just came back to do something about it but you beat me to it Cowgirrlup.

Weigh in day tomorrow for me. I'm feeling as if I haven't lost anything but I've been wrong before.

Hey, no problem, this is a group effort here.

Remember that even if you didn't lose this week, you were most likely "rearranging" like I did.

You've been doing so well, I wouldn't worry about it.

#256 Old 08-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Banned

Wow, everybody sounds as if they are doing great! So good and encouraging to see. I haven't lost a ton this month (four pounds total), but my clothes are fitting better, and I've really done well with the exercising and drinking enough water. I will renew my efforts to lessen the snacking or at least choose better, more healthy snacks.
#257 Old 08-30-2008, 12:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post

Animosity, if I was a size 8 I'd do the happy dance. How tiny will you be at a size 3-4? We don't want you to fade away to a grease spot. I count calories, too. I love it. It's been the very best way I've ever used to lose weight (along with exercise, of course).

I'm very small framed (my doctors have always said I should be tiny) and as an 8 I still have quite a lot of excess flabbiness. Last time I was at this size I was betwen 138 and 145 and my goal weight is to be 120 which is the minimum healthy weight for my height.... I don't think a 3-4 is that bad for a small framed person and I think that's about how many sizes I would most likely lose with the amount of pounds I want too shed. assume those sizes are healthy for me. I don't want to be a twig, I just want to be lean and healthy. If I get down to my minimum weight before that size, I'll stop. No worries.
#258 Old 08-30-2008, 12:22 AM
Beginner

129.2 today, but have had a lot of fluids so not at all worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animosity View Post

I'm very small framed (my doctors have always said I should be tiny) and as an 8 I still have quite a lot of excess flabbiness. Last time I was at this size I was betwen 138 and 145 and my goal weight is to be 120 which is the minimum healthy weight for my height.... I don't think a 3-4 is that bad for a small framed person and I think that's about how many sizes I would most likely lose with the amount of pounds I want too shed. assume those sizes are healthy for me. I don't want to be a twig, I just want to be lean and healthy. If I get down to my minimum weight before that size, I'll stop. No worries.

Hi Animosity! The girls have given you some great advice, but at the end of the day, the person who knows your figure best is you. Sometimes a tiny number is just average on a tiny person (I know it is for me). How tall are you?

ÂOur prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama
#259 Old 08-30-2008, 05:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Weighed in just a few minutes ago and I've lost 2.5 pounds this week!!! So much for thinking I hadn't lost anything. :
#260 Old 08-30-2008, 05:45 AM
Veggie Regular

congrats isabella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually gained a bit overall this week... I'll work harder this (upcoming) week!!
#261 Old 08-30-2008, 05:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Weighed in just a few minutes ago and I've lost 2.5 pounds this week!!! So much for thinking I hadn't lost anything. :
#262 Old 08-30-2008, 07:45 AM
Veggie Regular

well done isabella! I'll weigh tomorrow but it's 'that time' of the month for me, soon so no doubt i'll gain my usual 3-4lbs soon.
#263 Old 08-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Veggie Regular

hello everyone.

I haven't been able to weight in because I'm in school now with no scale (which could be good and bad) lol

I have been trying to eat healthy well rounded meals at the dining hall. DIFFICULT - especially since I'm a vegetarian. Not a lot of options especially healthy ones (and I don't want to eat only fruit and salad at every meal lol)

My clothes feel a bit looser, so I think I'm still on track.
#264 Old 08-31-2008, 09:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxe View Post

129.2 today, but have had a lot of fluids so not at all worried

Hi Animosity! The girls have given you some great advice, but at the end of the day, the person who knows your figure best is you. Sometimes a tiny number is just average on a tiny person (I know it is for me). How tall are you?

I'm a little less than a 1/4th of an inch below 5'6" (I measured last night, I don't always know that precisely )
#265 Old 08-31-2008, 10:13 AM
Veggie Regular

10 lbs for August. 5.5 inches. I upped my walking. 14 miles in the last 2 weeks.
#266 Old 08-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Last day of the month! I held steady at 142 and have a loss of 4 lbs for the month which is excellent for me! YAY!! In Sept. I WILL go below 140!

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#267 Old 08-31-2008, 06:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Wendy and Chryssiie, excellent progress!!

Theatrelife and everyone else back at school have a great year.

I have started the September thread so don't forget to post there on September 1--that's tomorrow for me and if you're reading this tomorrow it's today!!!
#268 Old 09-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Beginner

Ended the month at 129.2. Been a bit of an up and down month on the scales, but ended 3 pounds lighter

#269 Old 09-11-2008, 07:08 AM
Veggie Regular

lol wrong thread, need to update my subscriptions

Lynn

https://www.facebook.com/vigilant20

https://www.facebook.com/FrugalVegetarianRecipes

#270 Old 08-19-2010, 07:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Down 8 pounds this month so far! It's incredible how easy it is to lose weight when you don't eat every meal like it's your last!!

Our Generation has had no Great war, no Great Depression. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page