August Weight Loss Challenge - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 08-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I took my dog for a walk tonight and even went to the local park! I got some exercise, as did Sweet Pea

Monsoons? Those don't sound fun I'd love to see your doggies all dressed up, you should totally do it just for the pictures.

Peanut is way too fat to dress...he is built like a harbor seal..

Buster is old and crabby...

Tink likes her pink down coat I got her though!

I am sure Sweet Pea is loving this extra time with you!

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 08-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I've seen pictures, Peanut isn't bad. My family friends dog was so fat that her belly would drag on the floor. Seriously. (Same breed)

Sweet Pea lives up to her name She does like spending time with Mark and I.
#33 Old 08-04-2008, 03:00 AM
Veggie Regular

I've been SO bad about exercise this week.. I only went for a RUN twice... thats it, I didn't go to the gym even once! *super shame* It's been so deathly hot that I can't bring myself to run (you cant even sit outside for more than 10 minutes!) until the gym has closed and its rather dark, so that its cool enough. >< *shame shame shame*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 08-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I've seen pictures, Peanut isn't bad. My family friends dog was so fat that her belly would drag on the floor. Seriously. (Same breed)

Sweet Pea lives up to her name She does like spending time with Mark and I.

Tanner (he is in doggy heaven now) had a callous like spot on his belly when I rescued him..it was from scraping on the ground when he walked...

Gosh I hope I never get that bad!

#35 Old 08-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Veggie Regular

The family's dog had that too. She would dig out of the yard, run around the neighborhood, and eat all of the cat food! She would then take the bowl home She was hiliarious! Once my sister rescued her from a trash bag... she was after food and her head got stuck. My sister pulled her out and she had a roll in her mouth
#36 Old 08-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

The family's dog had that too. She would dig out of the yard, run around the neighborhood, and eat all of the cat food! She would then take the bowl home She was hiliarious! Once my sister rescued her from a trash bag... she was after food and her head got stuck. My sister pulled her out and she had a roll in her mouth

OMG! What a character! Tink takes her "brother's" bowls and tries to hide them..LOL

I rescued Tanner during the wildfires...he never left my side from that point on...

#37 Old 08-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I just had to weight myself this morning, and I was a half pound down already...heehee!

Lynn

https://www.facebook.com/vigilant20

https://www.facebook.com/FrugalVegetarianRecipes

#38 Old 08-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I need to lose weight....I didn't realize how much I gained. I don't weigh myself because of past ED issues, so I am going to try to aim for losing 2-3 sizes. Right now I am an 11/12 and want to be an 8.

My goal is to lose 3 sizes by Mid-September.

I was working out the entire month of July at least 3 Xs a week, but then I had vacations and stuff. This week I will be away again from tues-thurs. I am going for a 1 hour bike ride today and I lifted weights....I also might hit the gym for a half hour on the elliptical tonight.

One of my goals is to eat one-two meals a day raw. Yesterday I had an all raw smoothie and today as well. I have also been increasing my protein intake.

Wish me luck! I will be posting my food/exercise here periodically and my progress.
#39 Old 08-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Veggie Regular

I got off track this morning and didn't get in my exercise yet. I've got to get my circuit workout done before I go to bed or else I might get a tummy callous! I've been on plan with food so far this week and with exercise too if I get it done by bedtime.
#40 Old 08-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Youve been working out so much (i see in the teddy bears thread ) that you must look awesome by now!
#41 Old 08-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Veggie Regular

CountessKerouac is right...you practically are the thread these days!

Lynn

#42 Old 08-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Thank you, thank you. I feel really good but my stomach is still huge. I suppose that'll be the last to go. I got in my circuit workout this evening. Finished about half an hour ago and I'm just sitting here watching tv and posting. If I don't exercise my weight loss slows down to a crawl and it's slow enough with the exercise. I try to get in 5x a week. Well, my darlings, I must go shower and don my nightie.
#43 Old 08-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post

I got off track this morning and didn't get in my exercise yet. I've got to get my circuit workout done before I go to bed or else I might get a tummy callous! I've been on plan with food so far this week and with exercise too if I get it done by bedtime.

I agree! No tummy callous!

#44 Old 08-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm in.

Goals:

Stick to WW points

90% whole foods

64oz water

Some exercise every day (which is hard in 106 degree heat. (ugh)
#45 Old 08-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Veggie Regular

I/m not losing. Eating too many low fat animal crackers and such. I'm going to try to eat unprocessed foods the rest of the week and see how I do. I'mm on Weight Watchers Flex

Today:

cantaloupe & nectarine

Home made veggie soup

banana

baby spinach w. corn salad

banana/necatrine smoothie

14pts

That leaves 8 points for more fruits if I need them
#46 Old 08-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendySmiling View Post

I/m not losing. Eating too many low fat animal crackers and such. I'm going to try to eat unprocessed foods the rest of the week and see how I do. I'mm on Weight Watchers Flex

Today:

cantaloupe & nectarine

Home made veggie soup

banana

baby spinach w. corn salad

banana/necatrine smoothie

14pts

That leaves 8 points for more fruits if I need them

DM warned me of too much fruits (which I do)--while you'll lose weight, you'll loose less fat proportionally! It's so true--I have a surprising amount of fat on my body considering my activity level and weight! I'd use some of those points for something like beans.
#47 Old 08-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthly Delight View Post

DM warned me of too much fruits (which I do)--while you'll lose weight, you'll loose less fat proportionally! It's so true--I have a surprising amount of fat on my body considering my activity level and weight! I'd use some of those points for something like beans.

I agree. I don't see much protein there and you definitely need that if you're working out!! Peace & Love!!
#48 Old 08-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthly Delight View Post

What is it about the fruit that causes that, Do you know? ...The sugars maybe?... and how much is 'too much', Anyway? 3-4 servings a day wouldn't be too much, Would it?
#49 Old 08-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Hellooooo. Busy day exercising and making dinner for the hungry hoards I live with.

DH started building a deck on the back of the house. We put patio doors in the dining room last month and now he's trying to get the deck done before school starts. (He's a school bus driver.) It's not a big one- 8x10 feet -but big enough for us. Hopefully, we'll get some time out there before the cold weather sets in later on in the fall.
#50 Old 08-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Fall is a good deck time too. I miss having somewhere to sit outside on brisk mornings. It really wakes you up! Sipping coffee and enjoying the colors...ahhh.

It's been so slow at work. I've just been sitting here most of the day reading posts. It wasn't until now that I thought...duh...I should be taking walk breaks! Of course I would think of that when it's time to head home. Tomorrow then

Lynn

#51 Old 08-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Banned

This is a great thread. You are all inspiring me to stay on track. Hope it's not too late to join in.

I have been following WW, though I don't pay, but I got the necessary info from my mom and sister, who do go to the meetings. I've at least offered to pay for a month or two for both, though, since they have been so generous with sharing.

So far, I've lost 27 pounds, but I still have 20 or so to go.

Goals:

Walk five days a week for an hour each time (and one two-hour jaunt).

32 oz of water. (I should do more, but so far, 32 has been doable)

Stay within the points

Focus on a balanced menu plan. I tend to be carb-heavy.
#52 Old 08-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi PTree, jump right in and post away. We'll try to keep you on track as best we can. Sounds like you have some good goals to work with. And a big congratulations on the 27 pound loss. I'm sure you'll be able to lose the next 20.
#53 Old 08-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow congrats on your progress so far PTree...welcome to the thread

Lynn

#54 Old 08-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Banned

Thanks so much, Isabella and vigilant.
#55 Old 08-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Veggie Regular

I had a great workout this morning. I think it had something to do with getting a full night's rest. For some reason or other (and I'd like to find out what) mom slept through the night and didn't wake up until almost 7 am!!!! Unheard of phenomenon!!! I did my circuit workout and ran for the aerobic parts. I sped up until my heart was thumping heartily and sweat was running freely. Now to plan a good dinner (lunch) with lots of bulky, low calorie, tasty food. I'll let you know what I came up with.

Ok, I'm back. I have a huge pan of vegetables slow roasting in the oven. I have carrot, turnip, potato, eggplant, green beans and onions. I just used what I had, chunked them up and added a little oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and seasonings. We'll have them with veggie burgers on whole wheat buns. Mom and I will share a burger as they are really big. I might even make a green salad. I am so ready to eat.
#56 Old 08-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post

I had a great workout this morning. I think it had something to do with getting a full night's rest. For some reason or other (and I'd like to find out what) mom slept through the night and didn't wake up until almost 7 am!!!! Unheard of phenomenon!!! I did my circuit workout and ran for the aerobic parts. I sped up until my heart was thumping heartily and sweat was running freely. Now to plan a good dinner (lunch) with lots of bulky, low calorie, tasty food. I'll let you know what I came up with.

Ok, I'm back. I have a huge pan of vegetables slow roasting in the oven. I have carrot, turnip, potato, eggplant, green beans and onions. I just used what I had, chunked them up and added a little oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and seasonings. We'll have them with veggie burgers on whole wheat buns. Mom and I will share a burger as they are really big. I might even make a green salad. I am so ready to eat.

I am ready to eat, too, after reading that! yum!

I think I need to go to the Farmer's market this afternoon.

#57 Old 08-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Veggie Regular

TOMORROW, I'M ON BOARD AGAIN! Seriously.

Current Weight: 118.5

Goal Weight: 112

I'm going to try to make it on the elliptical today, but I don't see that happening. I have 31 things on my to do list. Yes, 31. If I get it all done today, I can spend an entire hour tomorrow exercising. I put "Make a diet plan" on my list for today
#58 Old 08-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Whoa!! Hope tomorrow is a better day

Quote:

TOMORROW, I'M ON BOARD AGAIN! I have 31 things on my to do list. Yes, 31.

Lynn

#59 Old 08-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Ha, ha, I made a list of things to do today also. But Dana has me beat with 31 items. You may have to roll a few things into tomorrow.
#60 Old 08-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm thinking of getting back into the habit of 30 minutes of eliptical daily and some streching and weights at home instead of relying on gym trips, Since they don't always work out. It also works out better, Because i'm able to listen to loud music, Watch movies, etc while I work out, So I end up going an average of 3MPH faster at home vs the gym. I've been avoiding it since it brings back bad memories but I think i'm going to give it a try...

I'm starting tonight and i'm going to shoot for:

30 minutes eliptical

10 minutes of weights
(working on my arms)

10 minutes (minimum) of streching

It's really hot in my house during the summer so i'm starting off slow. I feel really sick today so I might not finish all that... but i'm going to give it a shot.

Another question popped into my head... If i'm eating 1,200-1,400 calories a day, Wouldn't it be hard to get every nutrient and thus I require a vitamin in order to not risk putting lots of weight back on after I finish dieting? I mean, Nutrient deficiency is a cause of the body storing fat once those nurtrients are reintoduced through food, Right? or would I have to be eating less calories + less vitamins in order to throw my body into that cycle?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page