June Weight Loss Challenge - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi Everyone. Here's your place to get encouragement and accountability for the month of June. This is the place to state your goals, victories, slip-ups and generally encourage each other on our weight loss journey.

Here are my updated goals.

Goals for June:

*Jog/walk up to 5K 3x a week, circuit training 2 or 3x a week

*Ride stationary bike up to 30+ minutes per session

*Counter push-ups with bike ride

*Portion size and calorie counting (1200-1400 calories per day)

*No junky snacks

*Eat sufficient food not to be hungry and at least 5 fruits and vegetables a day

*Lose 2-3 pounds by end of June (super goal: 5 pounds!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Isabella, thanks for starting this post. I was looking for it!

Well, I didn't do so well with the May challenge (gained 4 pounds, but I had a binge day yesterday so I know I'm bloated ) but a lot of things were going on in May that I didn't plan on. But June is looking better, so I'm hoping to get back on track!

Goals for June:

- Keep to a good eating plan, going 50% raw food, lots of fruits and veggies

- Exercising every day (walking and pilates)

- Yoga for stress release and relaxation EVERY DAY

- Stay away from everything that has a number on it - i.e., scale, measuring tape, Fitday, etc. I did weigh and measure (below) but I won't again until the end of June

Today was off to a good start, as I got a walk in before it got too hot (suppose to get up to 102 today!) Also went shopping and bought tons of fruit and veggies.

Hopefully we'll get others to join us .

Tam
#3 Old 06-01-2008, 06:06 PM

Yay for continuing on!!!

And tammay....**** happens But you'll do better this month, and your goals are great

So in May, I lost 11.5 lbs, and I actually have til June 5th to lose another 1.5 to make a total loss of 13 lbs.

But for June:

-up my green tea intake to 3 cups a day.

-stick to the 1500 cals diet.

-seriously do some more activity outside of work.

-lose another 11-13 lbs.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm joining you guys! The last few months have been very hard for me in terms of stress with school and work, so I'm hoping to get back on track soon!

Goals:

-To start exercising at LEAST 2 times a week (summer semester is really hard because 16 weeks of info is crammed into 6 weeks, I'll be lucky if I can eat)

-Cut out or cut down on my cherry coke intake (I say this as I eat frozen cherry coke )

-Go back to my original weight (I think I'm about 3 pounds over it now)

-Use less artificial sweetners
#5 Old 06-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, this has been a real washout for exercise today. What a way to start the month. For starters it rained most of the day, I was shopping and came home tired and hungry and then I sat with mom and watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" on tv.

This is the first time I've had a chance to sit and do something I want to do. I was going to at least ride my bike but I'm wiped out. Last week was a tough one with mom not being able to walk. This week I have to try and find a wheel chair for her so she can at least get out. We live on the top of a hill so if we go for a walk I'll get more exercise than I want.

Tomorrow I'll get back on track for exercise because it's my indoor circuit workout. I did stay on plan with eating though.
#6 Old 06-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Aunt Voula: What do you mean he don't eat no meat? Oh, that's okay. I make lamb.

#7 Old 06-01-2008, 10:56 PM

I'm going to try really hard this summer to get into better shape, starting today. Well, yesterday, hah.

I really need to:

-Drink more water.

-Increase more fresh fruits and veggies (it sucks being low on money :[ )

-Decrease junk

-Take supplements

-More raw, fresh food in general

-Limit sugar and carbs

-My main thing is more exercise!
#8 Old 06-02-2008, 04:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I will be continuing on with Weight Watchers Core plan. Lost 6 pounds in May. Other goals:

- Go to bed at a sensible time

- Go to gym at least 3 times a week

- Manage stress in more effective way

- Don't blow it while in California for sister's wedding

These last two I will explain, I am a teacher and my contract is about to end. I have been freaking out a little in spite of a) being trained in a high-demand area in spite of crappy market right now b) something always seeming to come up, even at last minute c) having done everything I can thus far to get contract for next year and just waiting to hear. So it is just a question of keeping my eyes open and waiting until the applications I have made have been assessed. Freaking out does not help. But it seems to be my natural reaction. So I am trying to work on that.

Also, my sister's wedding. It will be small and low-key, but when you travel, you eat in restaurants...
#9 Old 06-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Aunt Voula: What do you mean he don't eat no meat? Oh, that's okay. I make lamb.

Mom got quite a laugh out of that line.

Welcome Naoto, this is a great thread to make yourself accountable. If you're low on money concentrate on fruits and vegetables as they become seasonal and that should help some on the money side.

We had a great May month with loads of posts and lots of people joining in. I expect June will be good also. Summer is always easier to eat light because of the heat, as least that's how I find it. But you have to watch those fat laden salads that show up at the bbq table, which of course I, myself really love to eat. But fresh fruits and vegetables are so tasty this time of year that it's better to pig out on those. (If you're goin' pig out at all, or should I say "veg" out. )
#10 Old 06-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Okay I have GOT to get back into the swing of things!! I ordered Veganomicon and I got it. I'm just not sure how healthy the food will be. It all sounds delicous but I'm not sure if it sounds extremely good for you. Either way I need to:

Go back to the gym!! AT LEAST 4 days/week

Drink 64 oz + water/day

Stop eating junk

Continue cooking at home vs. Eating out

If I think of more I will post 'em.
#11 Old 06-02-2008, 08:31 AM

Whoo hoo! I'm definitely in for the month of June I decided in the beginning of May that I was sick of these extra 20 pounds that I have, so I started keeping track of what I eat and exercising more! I lost 5 pounds in May, so I'm hoping to keep going!

Goals:

- Continue running 5 times/week

- Increase my running course from 2.5miles to 3! I want to be able to comfortably run a 5k at a decent pace eventually.

- Drink mostly water. No soda, no coffee.

- Keep on recording what I eat at thedailyplate.com

- Lose at least another 5 pounds. More would be great
#12 Old 06-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Beginner

hi all, I'm in this month too

my goals this month are:

1. lose 2-4 pounds

2. add toning/stength twice a week - continue with running program.

4. sleep earlier 15-30 mins earlier

5. track on sparkpeople daily

6. eat clean / stay hydrated

7. plan my meals

I was/am very sore the last 2 days from doing tons of squats/lunges on saturday.

I was not able to run this morning, but did a 60 min BRISK walk before work.

have a wonderful first week of June everyone!
#13 Old 06-02-2008, 11:15 AM

Going to be a little bit harder to get started as I am starting back to class and work tomorrow, but anyways I really want to drop several pounds.

Goals for June

*Lose 10 pounds

*Take lunch to school/work

*Exercise 4 days a week

*Cook vs. eating out

Good luck everyone! Now to go get busy...have to come up with lunch ideas and go shopping.
#14 Old 06-02-2008, 04:58 PM

I didn't know all those different sites track cals.

I do fitday.com, which isn't the best, but it's simple and I've stayed with it, so I don't wanna switch.

I have lost another 1/2 lb, making it 12 lbs total.....and I have 3 days left to reach my goal of 13 lbs. Feasible.....

I am tired as hell.

So tired that I don't feel like exercising, and getting through work(massage therapy) is exhausting.

But I am trying to be more active during the day with chores, and doing some crunches and stuff in between clients, but other than that, not so good.
#15 Old 06-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Ok, I have not been doing too well the last couple months after a nice steady loss over several months. I guess I hit that dreaded plateau. But now that the weather is hot, my appetite will be less so that will help. My goals are simple: More exercise, more exercise and more exercise.

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#16 Old 06-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Hello everyone and welcome to all the new "losers."

I got in a great workout today-walked and rode my exercise bicycle (6 miles in total) plus did some counter push-ups. The only thing that went awry was my left calf. I pulled the muscle again yesterday and it was a bit sore by the time I finished my walk. It doesn't bother me on the bike.

When I was shopping at Dollarama on Sunday I was looking at the DVDs looking for old movies and I came across a workout video. I just had a look at it and it's pretty good-cardio, strength, pilates, yoga, and some other stuff. There are 20, 40 and 60 minute workouts to choose from and several kinds for each category. You can also customize the exercises. Not bad for $1. I'll probably use it on rainy days when I don't want to get wet walking.

Schnookiepie, I use fitday, also. I know some people don't like it but I do. I've got lots of custom foods entered, including my own recipes that I've analyzed at nutrition.com.
#17 Old 06-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Okay, I have to switch gyms. I'm always at my bf's now and it doesn't make any sense for me to drive all the way to the gym out by my house after work to work out then drive all the way back to his house. I checked out a gym that's right across the road from his house and it looked pretty good online. I'm going to go in for a tour at the end of the week and I'll probably see about getting a trial membership for a week or two. If all goes well I'll sign up there and I'm hoping HB and I can do it together.
#18 Old 06-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Beginner

hi all, checking in..

so far this week i'm doing okay. Yesterday, dinner was healthy and "too" delicious so i had " just a little" too much food, but still made it within my calorie range (high end).

also i tried a "new" starbucks drink, and assumed it wasn't sweetened..turns out it was sweetened with syrup! i went on their website and checked out the nutrition and it was 100 cals for a grande. not terrible (and it was very good, but next time i'll order it sugar-free). It was the "Doubleshot on Ice" (with Soy) -- sooo good on a hot day.

My morning workout today: I ran this morning for about 30 mins, and also did elliptical for ~12 mins (got tired of running more) to burn ~400 cals.

Yesterday, i was extremely extremely sore (still am) from doing a ton of lunges/squats on Saturday, so I did a power walk for 60 mins.

My workout and good friend has been on an Alaskan cruise for a week now and will be back Thursday.. she's currently too scared to step on a scale b/c she knows she's gained.. and she hasn't been doing well losing weight either (~7 pounds in 4 months) even though she's been hitting the gym on the cruise. (better than nothing)

have a good day!!
#19 Old 06-03-2008, 04:26 PM

Started back to school and work this morning...I over slept my alarm, so I had less than 10 minutes to walk this morning, but I did get in a little over half a mile before having to get in the shower. I hope to get the rest in tonight.

Going out to dinner tonight. but I am getting a salad with black beans, corns and other veggies, so it won't be too bad. I saved some calories at lunch by eating grapes and rice cakes.
#20 Old 06-03-2008, 04:52 PM

I'm gonna check out nutrition.com, thanks Isabella!!!

I am so tired, and I think it's from dieting.

I take supplements, and get a lot of sleep, water, and I've been very nutritionally balanced with my diet, but gradually, I've noticed myself becoming weaker and weaker.

Today I did a lot of chores, but couldn't fathom exercising, and id I had to work, I would have had to call off.

Any input or suggestions, it's been about a month since I've been on the diet.
#21 Old 06-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm going to give this a try this time. Goal: 5 lbs!

Goals:

- drink more seltzer and lime (a glass a day at least) for vitC and water intake

- bring lunch twice a week at least

- get some sort of exercise 4 times a week (I'm at about 2)

- limit alcohol intake to twice a week max, no heavy drinking

- have more fruit, less chips

I'm sure I'll have more goals eventually. So far, this is a good start.
#22 Old 06-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I think I found a solution to an issue at work. I was eating grilled cheese (with 2 slices of cheese sometimes) at work because it was my only option. From now on, I'm going to be ordering a veggie burger with no bun, lettuce instead. It's not a meat substitute, but it will include: 2 squares of lettuce acting as a bun, pickles, tomato, and spread (like 1000 Island, not vegan, but I'll need some calories). I'm also going to cut my fry portion in half and if I want soda, once a week max
#23 Old 06-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Veggie Regular

french fries are a tough habit to kick.
#24 Old 06-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Especially when they're hand-diced in the store and FREE Best kind of fries
#25 Old 06-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Beginner

today i went to the gym. and i had cheerios with rice milk, small salad with baby carrots, and garbonzos with tomatoes onions and avacado! i bow to myself
#26 Old 06-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Yay!
#27 Old 06-03-2008, 11:49 PM

My June goals are:

-Get down to at least 70 kgs by the end of the month! I need to lose about 3-3.5 kgs.

-Drink more water

-Do more walking & sit ups
#28 Old 06-04-2008, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykoelle View Post

french fries are a tough habit to kick.

Oh man, yes they are! I loooooove french fries. I haven't had any in a couple of months though. I've been good about ordering different sides if I end up going out to eat.
#29 Old 06-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnookiepie View Post

I am so tired, and I think it's from dieting.

I take supplements, and get a lot of sleep, water, and I've been very nutritionally balanced with my diet, but gradually, I've noticed myself becoming weaker and weaker.

Today I did a lot of chores, but couldn't fathom exercising, and id I had to work, I would have had to call off.

Any input or suggestions, it's been about a month since I've been on the diet.

Here are possibilities:

1. maybe it's more psychological affecting the physical (how are you dealing with daily stress?)

2. too low in calories will get you tired (how many cals are you eating on average?)

3. maybe you need more sleep even if you think you're getting enough.

4. a lot of exercise (even chores) do tire a body, so proper rest is important.

5. take one day a week where you can completely and utterly relax and be stress free.

6. check iron/b12 levels

these should help.
#30 Old 06-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Sa-weet!! HB's going to sign up at the gym too!! They have a couples rate which is only $31.95/Month for both of us!! We're going on a tour Saturday or Sunday!! The only downfall to THIS gym-- I don't think they offer classes and I really enjoyed Kickboxing, Saturday morning cardio and I've really been wanting to get back into Yoga.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page