How late do you eat? - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: Do you eat before bed?
No, I don't eat w/in 3 hours of bed. 1 100.00%
I eat a large snack right before bed 0 0%
I eat a small snack right before bed 0 0%
I eat dinner shortly before bed 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Beginner

Just curious,

Do you eat a snack within 1.5 hours of bed?

If so large/small and what?

Do you eat a large dinner late within 2 or so hours before bed at night?

Or do you not eat before bed and why.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Veggie Regular

I usually eat dinner sometime between 8 and 10 at night, and go to bed around 1 am.

veganGO -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
forum for vegan activists.
#3 Old 04-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Depends on the night. I eat when I am hungry. If that happens to fall right before bed then I will eat before bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Veggie Regular

we eat around 6pm, but only because we all like to eat together and the littlie is usually asleep by 8!

Clarexxx
#5 Old 04-02-2008, 10:51 AM

My great experience with macrobiotic diet, mostly vegan, has shown that its better not to go to bed with an empty stomach, unless were on a special diet to purify our body.

Lets say that carnivores should wait 3 h. before going falling asleep for avoiding risk of strokes and heart attack, if not wished they should leave forever but as we do not have so many stocked proteins in our body, then its better not to go to bed hungry.

As we also use energies while dreaming and once awake we need those left for wash our body and why not preparing some good drinks before chanting
#6 Old 04-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I eat whenever. Yesterday, I didn't eat breakfast and then ate lunch at 12:30. I ate dinner around 6:30. My after-dinner snack was fruit at about 8pm. Then I wandered downstairs at about 11pm and my roommate was eating an apple and peanut butter. I fixed myself peanut butter toast. Yumm...the power of suggestion. I don't have any hard and fast rules about eating late. A lot of people say not to eat after a certain hour, but how they keep themselves from attacking a bowl of cereal around 9pm?

That seems to be my typical day with eating. But I'm trying to fix it. I ate breakfast this morning. That's a start!
#7 Old 04-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Beginner

I usually have chocolate or ice cream shortly before bed Occasionally I have dinner shortly before I sleep -- I've never had any problems, either way.
#8 Old 04-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Usually I eat dinner around 6-8 and get my butt to bed around 10-11. Sometimes if I'm a little munchy I'll eat a little bit of something. But it really varies.
#9 Old 04-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Veggie Regular

I usually eat my school dinner at 4:30, another dinner around the same size (both small) at 6 or 7, and then graze on whatever I have around until I go to bed at 11:00. I usually don't eat within a half-hour of going to bed, but sometimes I do. I just have to make sure not to eat a ton of food (or any junk food) after 9:00 or I'll wake up in the middle of the night and start vomiting.
#10 Old 04-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I usually eat dinner at 6:30 but I have a snack around 8:30 because I don't get to sleep until after 1:00 usually closer to 2:00.
#11 Old 04-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Veggie Regular

I didn't vote because it depends. I usually eat dinner around 7:30 or so, but if I get home later, it's later. Sometimes I get hungry again before bed, and if I do I'll eat a little something so I don't go to bed hungry. Basically, I try to never eat too much (until I'm stuffed), but I never go hungry either, so it really depends on how I feel at any particular moment whether I eat or not, rather than on the time of day.
#12 Old 04-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Veggie Regular

We eat dinner sometime between 6 and 7:30, and that's typically it for the night. I get sick if I eat too late at night. In fact, half the time dinner is too much. (And for that matter, half the time is a gross underexaggeration of how often dinner is too much, and dinner is not the only meal I can't stomach... Man... I hate my digestive system.)

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#13 Old 04-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid_child View Post

We eat dinner sometime between 6 and 7:30, and that's typically it for the night. I get sick if I eat too late at night. In fact, half the time dinner is too much. (And for that matter, half the time is a gross underexaggeration of how often dinner is too much, and dinner is not the only meal I can't stomach... Man... I hate my digestive system.)

That's rough. I've found that both eating too much and having an empty stomach causes IBS symptoms, so I try to just eat small, frequent meals and never go hungry.
#14 Old 04-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Beginner

Does anybody believe its bad for health to eat a lot at night, right before bed? I've always wondered that. I personally have a harder time sleeping if I eat a lot before bed.
#15 Old 04-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Many times if I don't eat before bed I wake up with an incredibly empty stomach. I often feel worse if I wait until the morning to eat something. I've been known to wake up in the middle of sleep, grab a snack, then go back to bed.
#16 Old 04-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdufstuff View Post

Many times if I don't eat before bed I wake up with an incredibly empty stomach. I often feel worse if I wait until the morning to eat something. I've been known to wake up in the middle of sleep, grab a snack, then go back to bed.

Going to bed hungry is the worst. If I do that I'm not usually hungry by morning, instead I'm incredibly sick to my stomach and liable not to eat until lunch and by then I'll have all sorts of fun low blood sugar symptoms and still not want to eat because I feel like crap.
#17 Old 04-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Veggie Regular

It depends on what I've been doing that day really. Sometimes I eat dinner right before bed, sometimes a little snack and sometimes a big snack.
#18 Old 04-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I eat at 7:00 almost every day, and then I go to bed between 9:00 and 10:00. I do not usually have a snack after 7, but every once in a while I might.
#19 Old 04-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Veggie Regular

I usually eat dinner around 6:00. If I feel like a snack before bed I will have one, but I try not to eat anything too heavy. I usually go to bed around 11:00.
#20 Old 04-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

That's rough. I've found that both eating too much and having an empty stomach causes IBS symptoms, so I try to just eat small, frequent meals and never go hungry.

Oddly, the last gastroenterologist I saw (who was otherwise a complete jerk) said I didn't have IBS, and that the symptoms I've been having for the past decade+ didn't sound like IBS.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#21 Old 04-03-2008, 05:49 AM
Veggie Regular

I eat when I'm hungry.... sometimes thats not for 3-5 hours before bed, sometimes its 30 min.
#22 Old 04-03-2008, 06:09 AM
Ankle Biter

I usually eat a small snack before bed - and I nearly always have a cup of herb tea. My snack is usually something like crackers or pita chips, with sometimes a bit of hummus or tofu spinach spread. I've had to eat smaller dinners lately, too. I've never been a big meal eater, but as I get older I find that a big dinner really doesn't sit well through the evening. I try to eat a hearty lunch and a lighter dinner.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#23 Old 04-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I've eaten literally a minute before going to sleep. They tell you not to do that, but then I'm not as hungry in the morning if I do. lol
#24 Old 04-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I used to never eat evening snacks, but lately I've been eating a snack and then a snack in bed or right before bed.
#25 Old 04-03-2008, 09:31 PM

I only eat when i'm hungry. if i'm hungry right before i go to bed i'll have a cracker with peanut butter or a small glass of chocolate silk, last night i had a few bites of fresh pineapple. i've found that if i go to bed hungry i wake up feeling really sick to my stomach.
#26 Old 04-04-2008, 03:18 AM
Bof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PneumaticJawz78 View Post

I've eaten literally a minute before going to sleep.

Liar!
#27 Old 04-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Beginner

#28 Old 04-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Veggie Regular

i eat huge snacks before bed. oh well. it's what i want to do!
#29 Old 04-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bof View Post

Liar!

Well, not before FALLING asleep.

You know, when I was a kid it always annoyed me when cartoon characters or whomever would fall asleep the moment they're put to bed. That NEVER ever happened to me, I would be up for an hour sometimes thinking.

Sorry, off-topic again...
#30 Old 04-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I work 3 days a week and get off work at 7PM. That is if I get out of work on time.

I try not to eat when I get home. If I'm really hungry, I'll eat a very small amount or drink some soy milk. If it's "my Friday" than I'll usually eat something to "celebrate" Friday.

On my days off, I try not to eat past 5pm and I go to sleep between 9pm and Midnight usually. That's if I'm behaving. If I'm not I may be eating later. Right now I'm trying to behave. I've gained weight again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page