How late do you eat? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: Do you eat before bed?
No, I don't eat w/in 3 hours of bed. 1 100.00%
I eat a large snack right before bed 0 0%
I eat a small snack right before bed 0 0%
I eat dinner shortly before bed 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 04-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I usually eat dinner between 4:30 and 5:00 and go to bed between 9-10. I cannot lay down or be too active after eating as it bothers my digestion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 04-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Good poll.

This is one of my vices - I am an after-dinner snacker and I have tried to give it up but it doesn't work for me (start feeling deprived and binge). What I do though is make sure that the snacks I have in the evening are small and relatively low in calories (like no more than a few hundred combined). I usually eat two or three, ending the night with a few squares of dark chocolate.

That said, I do have a pretty light dinner (just a green salad with some beans and a vinigrette) to combat the snacks. I've never had a problem with being too full or not being able to fall asleep because of it, so I figure that my body is doing fine on it.

Tam
#33 Old 05-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I usually eat about two hours before bed.

How can you eat anything with eyes? ~ Will Kellogg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 05-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Beginner

I guess it also depends how much you eat as well. People who eat a lot are probably going to have a few hundred calories before bed and vice versa.

Now, what do you all like to eat before bed? As in what's your favorite night time snack?
#35 Old 05-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycutie View Post

I guess it also depends how much you eat as well. People who eat a lot are probably going to have a few hundred calories before bed and vice versa.

Now, what do you all like to eat before bed? As in what's your favorite night time snack?

Sometimes a bit of dried fruit and a bit of dark chocolate, Sometimes some soy jerky, Sometimes some veggies/crackers and hummus, Sometimes a raw bar, Sometimes a really good coffee drink. It depends on my mood, However I keep my night-time snacks under 200 calories.
#36 Old 05-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I usually eat about 2 hours before bed. If I eat too much earlier than that, I end up being too hungry at bedtime and wanting to snack on something. While that's not necessarily a bad thing, I tend to reach for junk food to snack on because it's convenient.
#37 Old 05-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Veggie Regular

I usually eat a bowl of cereal and some fruit before bed.
#38 Old 05-04-2008, 02:51 AM
Beginner

I eat a little bit before bed so I don't get hungry in the middle of the night.
#39 Old 05-08-2008, 12:27 AM

I don't let myself eat past 10 or 11pm....and I don't go to sleep until around 5am. I weigh myself as soon as I wake up everyday and I don't want to gain anything before I go to bed.
#40 Old 05-08-2008, 06:40 AM
Beginner

I try to eat pretty long before bed, though last night, I ate dinner about 30-45 minutes before bed.
#41 Old 05-08-2008, 07:04 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

I just eat when I'm hungry, so it could be any of those answers depending on what I'd been doing. Tonight it will be over three hours betwixt food and bed. I went out for a huge banquet, I am so stuffed! I don't think I'll be eating for days. . Last night I was busy all day, got home hungry, and had to go to bed very early, so I had to eat just before bed or not at all. I don't sleep well hungry, so I ate and went pretty much straight to bed.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#42 Old 05-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Veggie Regular

I eat before 6 p.m. and I take my Goji berry juice befoe I got to bed (it has to be taken on an empty stomach).

"With confidence, you have won before you have started" - Marcus Garvey
#43 Old 05-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Veggie Regular

I always eat a light snack before bed. Usually cereal and fruit or yogurt or something like that....

i can't sleep without doing this, weird huh?
#44 Old 05-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Veggie Regular

i normally eat dinner around 6pm and i'm in bed around 10pm, sometimes midnight -shrug-

if i eat a snack after my dinner it's something like a pickle or a celery stick or a carrot. but it's rare.
#45 Old 05-10-2008, 04:14 PM

I eat when I'm hungry. Lately I've been hungry before bed time, and normally I am craving garnola at night time. So..I eat garnola.
#46 Old 05-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

I eat non-stop... seriously, I'm always snacking. The only way I can stop is by brushing my teeth, flossing, using mouthwash, then putting in my retainers. Since I don't want to do that all over again, I just don't eat For the most part, I have whatever sounds good shortly before bed... chips, cookies (homemade baked goods are a weekness of mine), fruit, ice cream... mostly sugar things. I used to be SO healthy, but I've been slipping a lot lately. I usually have dessert after every meal
#47 Old 05-26-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdufstuff View Post

Depends on the night. I eat when I am hungry. If that happens to fall right before bed then I will eat before bed.

thats me too
#48 Old 05-27-2008, 02:45 AM

On workdays I can't help but have dinner from 20:00 to 22:00.

Then go to bed at 22:00.

Mostly I'm caught at work late at night.

To solve this problem, I sometimes postpone lunch time and take my portable lunch at 18:00.

In that case I just drink beer then go to bed.
#49 Old 05-27-2008, 08:29 AM
Veggie Regular

I tend to have tea between 6pm and 8pm. It has been later than that though. I don't mind how close to bedtime it is, as long as i get it! At the same time though, i like it within those times as that's when i tend to get hungry, provided i have my dinner at a certain time too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page