Finally!! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I am finally at peace with myself! It's taken a long time, and it was hard, but I think I've finally accepted my body for what it is: a curvatious piece of art. I'm 5'8", and I weigh 145 lbs., so I'm by no means big, but I've spent the last several years of my life worrying about the "belly fat" and the sides of my thighs...

I was shopping at Old Navy with my mom today, and I put on a pair of jeans (6 longs aren't easy to find...) and I realized that I have what a lot of women want: a butt and hips! I just realized that I am not big, no one is judging me, and it feels so good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Yay for you!!! I envy you actually!
#3 Old 07-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

YAY! Congrats! *hugs*

Isn't it weird that women typically think everyone is judging them, but we're really only worrying about ourselves? I can look at someone 10 pounds heavier than me and say "wow, she's skinny" but then turn around and call myself chubby. *sigh* Hopefully someday I can be completely satisfied with myself like you are
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOFcowgirl View Post

I am finally at peace with myself! It's taken a long time, and it was hard, but I think I've finally accepted my body for what it is: a curvatious piece of art. I'm 5'8", and I weigh 145 lbs., so I'm by no means big, but I've spent the last several years of my life worrying about the "belly fat" and the sides of my thighs...

I was shopping at Old Navy with my mom today, and I put on a pair of jeans (6 longs aren't easy to find...) and I realized that I have what a lot of women want: a butt and hips! I just realized that I am not big, no one is judging me, and it feels so good!

You're about the same height and weight as me. I'm 6'2'' and 150 pounds, and I'm a male. I just checked out this thread because the title made me curious. By the way, what is a "6 long"? I go by #x#, in my case, 32x32.
#5 Old 07-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Veggie Regular

What I wouldn't do to be a size 6...good for you!! I'm working on self acceptance myself.
#6 Old 07-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Mr_Vegan, girls' pant sizes are measured like that, from double zero and then by 2s: 2, 4, 6, 8, etc... then there are the lengths: petite/short, average, and long. It's annoying, because sometimes longs aren't even long enough, but I've never seen "extra" long jeans.
#7 Old 07-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

A size 6 is great!! I can't tell you my pants size because it varies so much by brand. It ranges from 3 to 7. I prefer Levi's. They fit the best and tell me I'm a size 3 *hehe*
#8 Old 07-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Good for you. I'm jealous. By coming to accept "the skin you're in" I think you've also come to realize that even more important than having that perfect body is having confidence about it no matter what. I think confidence is the best concealer if you know what I mean! Unfortunately I'm a bloody hypocrite because I'm completely lacking in that area. ehh
#9 Old 07-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Exactly. If you're a size 0 and have no confidence, then what's the point? It's all about the confidence!
#10 Old 07-07-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOFcowgirl View Post

Mr_Vegan, girls' pant sizes are measured like that, from double zero and then by 2s: 2, 4, 6, 8, etc... then there are the lengths: petite/short, average, and long. It's annoying, because sometimes longs aren't even long enough, but I've never seen "extra" long jeans.

Here are some places I've found that have extra long jeans (I'm a 6'1 female with a 38" inseam, so I feel your pain!). Most "long" jeans, like Old Navy, only have a 34" inseam and thus aren't long enough:

Gap.com - they sell Extra Long jeans (you have to select Tall) that come with a 37" inseam.

Alloy.com - again, jeans (low-rise and stylish ones!) with a 35" or 37" inseam, as well as dress pants. These are a little different though because they are junior sizes; if you're a 6 in Misses, you'd want to order a 7 here.

Delias.com - the longest they offer here are 36" (which I'm guessing at 5'8 would be fine for you); though some of their pants are cuffed, so you can let the hem out at the bottom. These are junior sizes as well, so either go up a number from your normal size, or use your measurements on their sizing charts online.

Of course, being vegan (if you are, like me) pay attention to the materials, etc., but most of the brands I've purchased from these places have been totally fine, except ONE pair of my gap jeans that had a leather label on the back (I donated them). Dollhouse (sold at Alloy) just have embroidery on the label, so they're my favorites. I have some pallazzo jeans from that brand (very wide leg) that are so fun to wear. Hope some of these recommendations help! They can be pricey, and I don't know alot about their manufacturing practices, but I have extremely limited options (and finances!) to be too picky about the jeans I can purchase.

Congratulations on feeling good about yourself--it took me a long time too. Being 6'1 and a size 10 on bottom (size 4 on top!) has definitely been interesting, but I've finally come to terms with my shape, too. It feels good!
#11 Old 07-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm 5'4" and 145 is my goal weight. I'm size 8 right now so I should be a pretty solid size 6 when I get to 145. I have the opposite problem with jeans. They're always too long. Size 8 short or petite is really hard to find.
#12 Old 07-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Have you tried shopping at Old Navy or Levis Outlet? Old Navy carries Short, Regular, and long, as does Levis. The regular usually works for me and I'm 5'4. For years I had a problem finding the right length, so I'd buy long and have them hemmed up I don't have to do this with Old Navy. I LOVE Old Navy. Bought some cute skirts for $12 each and some short for $10
#13 Old 07-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Congradulations I'm so happy for you!
#14 Old 07-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Gap has jeans made to fit shorter people.

It's not the most "green" place on earth because they outsource for cheap labor, but you should be able to find jeans that fit there.
#15 Old 07-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Congrats! What you have discovered is hard for many people to realize.

Also, I buy gap jeans because they fit me best and they have a multitude of lengths and sizes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page