sugar for sugar - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Veggie Regular

i was always a berry fan, maybe the odd apple or banana here and there but generally one of the above, some dark chocolate and lotsa grains and veggies held me. been craving sugar lately though and have swapped white sugar for fruit, but im eating more sugar..its just fructose instead. i know lots of fruit can be bad..is this too much??

apple, black coffee, large handful walnuts

amaranth fortified grain toast x 2

plain bio fat free yogurt and strawberries, 1 dried date

cocoa powder, soymilk and 1 teasp sugar(mm. warming)

organic no-sugar (with molasses i think?) blueberry muffin

beans,corn,carrot,mushrooms, spices and olive oil

gigantic heavenly pear

whole grain rye w avocado

more yogurt (love it and it expires soon)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Veggie Regular

oh and broccoli
#3 Old 06-13-2007, 03:43 AM
Veggie Regular

nevermind.

for some reason i just ate 5 date muffins. i can't believe it.

so the amount of sugar id had before that now seems majorly insignificant...

but oddl enough...i dont care. i think ive hit breaking point. i dont think i care about any of it..anymore.because my head hurts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-13-2007, 06:57 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't know if this also applies to you, but when a food becomes forbidden you suddenly start obessing it and you're more likely to eat it?
#5 Old 06-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Veggie Regular

taurushead - you know that you're being too critical. start enjoying your life! stop OVERanalyzing.

that is not even CLOSE to too much sugar.

and for what it's worth - molasses is sugar

EAT!
#6 Old 06-28-2007, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurushead View Post

i was always a berry fan, maybe the odd apple or banana here and there but generally one of the above, some dark chocolate and lotsa grains and veggies held me. been craving sugar lately though and have swapped white sugar for fruit, but im eating more sugar..its just fructose instead. i know lots of fruit can be bad..is this too much??

apple, black coffee, large handful walnuts

amaranth fortified grain toast x 2

plain bio fat free yogurt and strawberries, 1 dried date

cocoa powder, soymilk and 1 teasp sugar(mm. warming)

organic no-sugar (with molasses i think?) blueberry muffin

beans,corn,carrot,mushrooms, spices and olive oil

gigantic heavenly pear

whole grain rye w avocado

more yogurt (love it and it expires soon)

Is this what you eat everyday? 9 meals a day, that's quite something. Anyways, I don't really see too much sugar in your diet, considering the average american consumes two three cans of soda a day. Just lay off the blueberry muffin. Fruit is only bad if you're trying to lose a significant amount of weight. Otherwise, eat up.
#7 Old 07-05-2007, 01:57 AM
Veggie Regular

' quite something' ?

i tried to stop spreading it out, this whole week ive had 'three meals and two snacks' but it doesn't work for me. i end up with the shakes and stuff, even if they're only hours apart?! which is bad i wish it did work. because its been an ongoing problem. this is the first week where ive gone out to dinner a lot, because normally by dinner time i only have a bit 'left' to eat and theres no point. on the social side of things..ive loved my trial week. but physically..i dont seem know how to do it. any advice would actually be really great..

#8 Old 07-10-2007, 06:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by turistattraksjo View Post

I don't know if this also applies to you, but when a food becomes forbidden you suddenly start obessing it and you're more likely to eat it?

That is definately the case with me!
#9 Old 07-10-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy chick View Post

That is definately the case with me!

Well, I think you may feel that in the first week or so, but a personal example: I used to be so obsessed with taco bell that I would have taco bell attacks each week. I would have to drive down to the nearest taco bell or else I would have this craving that wouldn't go away. Over the past four days I went to a convention, and the food there was bad. I was on vacation, so I ate taco bell twice, but it definetely was not a craving. I ordered much less food. I was on vacation, so it didn't matter much. I knew that in four days I would be back home and back on my diet. But humans are creatures of habit. If it's possible to quite smoking or drinking, then why can't you quit a food addiction?
#10 Old 07-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth View Post

If it's possible to quite smoking or drinking, then why can't you quit a food addiction?

If you quit smoking or drinking(if you have an addiction), you totally QUIT, but you can't quit eating, I bet that's why it's so hard, even if it's just one particular food.
#11 Old 07-10-2007, 11:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

If you quit smoking or drinking(if you have an addiction), you totally QUIT, but you can't quit eating, I bet that's why it's so hard, even if it's just one particular food.

Agreed.
#12 Old 07-11-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:

You can't TOTALLY quit one food? Are you joking? People every day turn pure vegan after a lifetime of eating meat. It takes self discipline and hard work just like everything else in life that's tough to achieve. Things don't happen with a snap of a finger.

No one's telling you to quit eating, just to improve your lifestyle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page