Living Large-Support - Page 19 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#541 Old 06-28-2004, 08:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRuthieB View Post

I think that the confidence and peace within comes out and that's what is attractive. So, weight is just a number...nothing more. I know my weight because I get weighed at the doctor. I don't weigh myself any other time because it just simply doesn't matter. It doesn't define my level of happiness or who I am or what I can accomplish or physically do. It just doesn't matter.

You are awesome. I think we all can learn a lot from your wonderful positive attitude!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#542 Old 06-28-2004, 08:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Ooh! Ooh! Ruthie can open a body confidence school. I'll be her first student. (Plus we can have rockin after class parties! )
#543 Old 06-28-2004, 08:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarro View Post

Thanks! I know it sounds dorky but I felt a lot better after reading your response. I really appreciate it...

Good! I'm glad I could help in some way. Have you had your test results back yet or your meeting with the dietician?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#544 Old 06-28-2004, 08:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyK View Post

They also carry the kind of bras that snap really low in the back. Shall we go bra shopping when I deliver your Arbonne order? Hehe

Hey - sure. You know how I love shopping and bra shopping has to be my absolute favorite thing to do, ha ha!

(I'm absolutely totally in love with my Arbonne herbal foot creme, by the way. THANKS!)
#545 Old 06-28-2004, 09:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rincaro View Post

Ooh! Ooh! Ruthie can open a body confidence school. I'll be her first student. (Plus we can have rockin after class parties! )

Count me in as student #2!
#546 Old 06-28-2004, 09:04 AM
Veggie Regular

I B #3! Wtg Ruthie, I wish I had your self-confidence.
#547 Old 06-28-2004, 09:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I will be your substitute teacher

qetta, I'm so glad you love it!

I don't want to turn this thread into an Arbonne thread but guess who is VB's newest Arbonne consultant?? Any guesses???
#548 Old 06-28-2004, 10:14 AM

heh..leave me a seat..i want to be student #4.
#549 Old 06-28-2004, 10:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyK View Post

I will be your substitute teacher

qetta, I'm so glad you love it!

I don't want to turn this thread into an Arbonne thread but guess who is VB's newest Arbonne consultant?? Any guesses???

Is it rincaro?!
#550 Old 06-28-2004, 10:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Yep, it's me! I'm all excited. My pkg. is supposed to arrive today, so I'm watching the UPS tracking like a hawk!
#551 Old 06-28-2004, 10:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh fun & congratulations!

I'm tempted by the stay-at-home capabilites. Too bad I don't know a d*mn thing about makeup!
#552 Old 06-28-2004, 11:12 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm pretty decent with my makeup, but it took alot of practice. The biggest reason I am doing this product is the good no animal product, no testing skin stuff. Plus I'm lucky right now. My part-time telecommute is gonna go on for awhile so I have some time to get started on something. boy am i totally off topic or what?

what's your favorite i look great in this outfit that you wear???
#553 Old 06-28-2004, 11:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Hmm...it might just be my new halter top dress I bought for The Wedding. I'll post pictures of it after the whole ordeal is over.

How about you?
#554 Old 06-28-2004, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rincaro View Post

what's your favorite i look great in this outfit that you wear???

my bellbottoms with the butterfly going down the leg, my blue sneakers and my polo shirt.
#555 Old 06-28-2004, 11:53 AM

Hmm. I have two. One I wore on Thursday and the other I'm wearing today. The one I have on today is a sleaveless dress that runs all the way to my ankles. It ties in the back so that I can accentuate my hips/waist and is slit up both side to my mid thigh. I love it. It's a calm tropical print. I always get compliments when I wear it. This style fits my body type well.

The outfit I had on Thursday is a new suit. It's a light pink sleeveless shell that is about mid thigh in length. It has a jacket with 3/4 length sleeves that has speghetti straps for ties in the front. I wear it with white hose and my pearl shoes with my pearl purse. I feel so pretty in it!
#556 Old 06-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Veggie Regular

That sounds pretty! My favorite outfit is a short denim pleated style Parasuco skirt I got from NYC with a white off the shoulder half sleeve shirt and my cute little black high heels. Kinda hoochie, but it makes me feel really sexy.
#557 Old 06-28-2004, 12:05 PM

wow..all yall have nice outfits you like. I guess im the casual one in the group.
#558 Old 06-28-2004, 12:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Pictures!!!! Please!
#559 Old 06-28-2004, 12:09 PM

I just realized I haven't posted in this thread in a looooong time! But I have 2 outfits I love to wear. One is a pink linen suit. It always makes me feel pretty & feminine. The other is a pair of taupe pants that I wear with a red jacket and a pair of taupe boots. The pants make my legs look super-long, and I feel super-chic in them.

I was out of work all fall & winter, and before that I worked in an ultra-casual office, so it's really nice to dress up for work again. I like feeling polished & professional!
#560 Old 06-28-2004, 12:13 PM

I love dressing for work. I feel much better when I have my hair done and a cute suit dress on. I agree Gracie!

ETA: I rebuilt my hard drive and haven't loaded my software for the digital cam back on yet. I'll probably do that this week and have some recent pics to share.
#561 Old 06-28-2004, 12:21 PM
Veggie Regular

I felt really good in my new dress yesterday, but I didn't love the shoes I wore. My most comfortable outfit are my nice khaki shorts with a sleeveless polo collared short. I feel crisp looking and comfy in it.
#562 Old 06-28-2004, 12:23 PM
Veggie Regular

i need a new pair of levis. i always feel good in some good fitting levis. levis treat my butt well.
#563 Old 06-28-2004, 12:28 PM

At my previous job, you were dressed up if you weren't wearing a t-shirt. My supervisor came in once wearing those plaid flannel PAJAMA pants. She insisted they were "lounge pants", but when we asked if she ever slept in them, she turned red & wouldn't speak to anybody!

My new job is still fairly casual, but I like to dress up just a little bit. The company owner occasionally wears a suit, so I try to dress so that I will be comfortable next to him.
#564 Old 06-28-2004, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I feel best in anything colorful that requires minimal amounts of cat-hair removal. But really, tight jeans and a nice fitting t-shirt with some mary janes I have, and I feel great.

Also, to sort of address what Ruthie has said, I agree - it's all about projecting confidence. I don't dress up but I carry myself well and I definitely get attention. I will note that it's often unwelcome because I can't particularly stand to be checked out, but it works. I'm also 5'10 (178cm) and around 200lbs (though I couldn't tell you the exact weight since I don't own a scale). I suppose if I had to describe myself in two words, I'd say "in excess" Lots of hair, lots of height, lots of hips, lots of boobs, lots of thighs - but I can work it, so it's all good. IMO, one of the best things I ever did was stop watching TV and reading those stupid magazines like Cosmo that tempt women to become slaves to their bodies instead of proud owners of it.

One last point - rincaro, that's a f*cking brilliant idea you had with the bra and sundress. I'm a DD and have avoided buying lots of tops etc. because my boobage was way more than they could handle. (But hey, very few things on this earth can handle *that* kind of boobage! )
#565 Old 06-28-2004, 12:42 PM

I like that idea w/the sundress too (I just might borrow it).
#566 Old 06-28-2004, 12:44 PM
Veggie Regular

give me a few minutes and i'll take a pic of how i did it. it worked great. and i have rounded like shoulders and usually that stuff slips off. but even when the straps slipped off the bra held up the dress.
#567 Old 06-28-2004, 01:07 PM

tick tock tick tock...

#568 Old 06-28-2004, 02:27 PM
Veggie Regular

oops. i forgot. my arbonne stuff came and i got all excited. give me two minutes. really.
#569 Old 06-28-2004, 02:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Ok the first one is a front view - it has boobies even when I'm not in it!

The second one is the inside view - see how i left the back straps free?

The third view has a detail of where the stitching is. I will probably redo this, I just whipstitched it to see if it would work.
#570 Old 06-28-2004, 02:53 PM

Wow..nice work! You are a flipping genius if you don't mind me saying so. Really creative fix to a problem I've had for quite some time. And I love a sun dress but strapless bras just don't work for the D's. Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to share. I'll have to try that myself.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page