hunger foods - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-20-2006, 01:34 AM
Veggie Regular

hey all, once again my fluctuating appetite is dead. you know how looking at food can just make you feel sick?

any ideas? stupid question. but thought id ask . been going hard on the carbs coz apparently they stimulate appetite. and ginger, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-20-2006, 04:25 AM
Veggie Regular

maybe it's just a fluctuation in appetite? i know that mine tends to go up and down depending on activity levels, time of month, or even how much i ate yesterday - it is good that you recognize you still need to eat, though, i'm proud of you for continuing to eat healthily!!!
#3 Old 04-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Veggie Regular

When I get like that I try to do a lot of liquid/carby foods. Smoothies, soup, mashed potatoes, juices, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Banned

i find apples make me hungry.
#5 Old 04-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Veggie Regular

gb- Me TOO!! how weird!! i had one yesterday night and then i was STARVING. lol. i wonder why that is?!?! ...and i hope you're doing ok honey :S you seem a little strung out

tbt- thats a good idea. brilliant in fact. i can't believe i didn't think of that:P

lib- i know. i know i just...yeah. i dont know. things are weird right now.
#6 Old 04-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Eating fruit sometimes makes one hungry because the sugar raises your blood sugar and then your blood sugar will sometimes drop afterward. This is especially true of high glycemic fruits like dates, melons, bananas, dried fruit, and fruit juices.
#7 Old 04-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I find that after i go swimming i feel like i could eat a boat! Maybe for some healthy cardio/hunger inducing you could swim a little bit over the week? Not sure if you feel hungry after swimming though.
#8 Old 04-22-2006, 06:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegWithEdge View Post

I find that after i go swimming i feel like i could eat a boat! Maybe for some healthy cardio/hunger inducing you could swim a little bit over the week? Not sure if you feel hungry after swimming though.

Me too. Isn't that funny? After running or walking or doing any other kind of exercise, I don't feel hungry at all, but I used to be on a swim team and we would swim for over an hour and every time when I got home I was starving and I felt like I could eat everything in the house.
#9 Old 04-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Banned

I actually feel LESS hungry after I exercise - but I know I'm weird like that ;-) I just feel thirsty.

If you're having trouble being hungry enough to eat, be sure to get a lot of liquid calories at least. Soymilk, juice, etc. I second the mashed potatoes. When I had my tonsils out as a kid, I literally ate NOTHING but instant mashed potatoes (with margarine), milk, and apple juice for 2 weeks. I was fine, didn't lose any weight. ;-) (of course, I wouldn't recommend this diet long term use ;-) ) Drink no water, only caloric beverages.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page