So I started my diet today. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-01-2005, 01:01 AM

Yeah, Thanks to all the people that helped me with the information.

I started by diet today, I got up at 6am, went for a 20 minutes jog, I still don't know what to eat for breakfast that isn't fatning, so I just had half a cup of cottage cheese , after the cheese I went for a 20 minute jog, came home, had an orange, acouple of hours later, I had a salad, then an hour or two later, another orange, after acouple more hours, I got another bowl of salad, and cooked some asparagus, broccoli, and beans and ate that all for dinner.

MY saland contains= 3 pieces of black olives, 3/4 pieces of small tomatores, spinach, lettuce, half a 7' inch carrot, bean sprout, and 1 table spoon of Treasure island dressing 120FAT calories.

That is for each salad I eat, is anything wrong? what should i take out, or add.

I also walk another mile at night. Thanks for the tips guys, I really appreciate it.

PS: what's a good breakfest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-01-2005, 01:37 AM
Administrator

I usually have a cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch and a 1/2 cup of fat-free soy milk.

I also make smoothies with a banana, 1 cup of strawberries, 1 cup of frozen blueberries, 1 cup of spinach (optional), 1/2 cup of orange juice, and flaxseed.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 11-01-2005, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmakerr View Post

Yeah, Thanks to all the people that helped me with the information.

I started by diet today, I got up at 6am, went for a 20 minutes jog, I still don't know what to eat for breakfast that isn't fatning, so I just had half a cup of cottage cheese , after the cheese I went for a 20 minute jog, came home, had an orange, acouple of hours later, I had a salad, then an hour or two later, another orange, after acouple more hours, I got another bowl of salad, and cooked some asparagus, broccoli, and beans and ate that all for dinner.

MY saland contains= 3 pieces of black olives, 3/4 pieces of small tomatores, spinach, lettuce, half a 7' inch carrot, bean sprout, and 1 table spoon of Treasure island dressing 120FAT calories.

That is for each salad I eat, is anything wrong? what should i take out, or add.

I also walk another mile at night. Thanks for the tips guys, I really appreciate it.

PS: what's a good breakfest?

Well you are better then me. Black olives. Oh why did you say that. I can eat the whole can. 3 pieces, that is all? Better than me. I have black olives in whatever, of course, salad!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-01-2005, 01:50 AM

Lol, I don't like milk, or any of that banana strawberry stuff, I need something simple, with protien, and low fat/carbs.

I plan on jogging every other day, walk every night, and left onces in a while.
#5 Old 11-01-2005, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goettling View Post

Well you are better then me. Black olives. Oh why did you say that. I can eat the whole can. 3 pieces, that is all? Better than me. I have black olives in whatever, of course, salad!

Lol, I love black olives, my favorite but it's got so much fat, scares me.
#6 Old 11-01-2005, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

I usually have a cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch and a 1/2 cup of fat-free soy milk.

I also make smoothies with a banana, 1 cup of strawberries, 1 cup of frozen blueberries, 1 cup of spinach (optional), 1/2 cup of orange juice, and flaxseed.

Smoothies? Me and my daughter love to make these. Spinach? I need to go to the store now. This sounds good.

My smoothies is with soy milk, frozen fruit, and what ever grinds in the blender. I love these. It all mixes well.
#7 Old 11-01-2005, 01:56 AM

For breakfast, try oatmeal pancake. I take fresh rolled oats or quick oats.. grind it into fine powder.. added little amount of water and then added soy milk until you get the consistency of a normal pancake. Add cinnamon and anything else you like such as banana or blueberries.

Instead of using syrup, opt for soy butter and top it with brown turbinado sugar.

so yummy!! in fact, im making that tomorrow and i cant wait!
#8 Old 11-01-2005, 01:58 AM

Quote:

Lol, I love black olives, my favorite but it's got so much fat, scares me.

Yes it does! But good fat for my hips. It is a darn shame that olives are so darn good and high in calories.
#9 Old 11-01-2005, 01:58 AM

oh and i forgot to include..

Smoothie!!! Its the best way to start your morning. Everyday, i make it differently, depends on what kinds of fruits i have.

My favorite is Soy milk, OJ, banana, blueberries, raspberries, mulberries, cinnamon, cardamon, apple, and sometimes ground flaxseed.

you can also have banana, fresh shredded carrots, cinnamon, and soy milk.

I mixed it up everyday.. starting your morning with X serving amounts of fruits is a great way to start your day with eneergy.
#10 Old 11-01-2005, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVegan View Post

For breakfast, try oatmeal pancake. I take fresh rolled oats or quick oats.. grind it into fine powder.. added little amount of water and then added soy milk until you get the consistency of a normal pancake. Add cinnamon and anything else you like such as banana or blueberries.

Instead of using syrup, opt for soy butter and top it with brown turbinado sugar.

so yummy!! in fact, im making that tomorrow and i cant wait!

Send it to my house. I am just having left-over grape-fruit, since I do not feel so well.

Tomato soup is the next item on my list.
#11 Old 11-01-2005, 02:10 AM

soy milk, does not stay in my house for long. My daugther loves it also. I mean we fight over the last cup. I have to have it every morning, or afternoon. Depends on when I get up.
#12 Old 11-01-2005, 02:10 AM

I think i'm allergic to milk, lol..I don't like it much either.

That oatmeal I'll have to give it a try, I did it once but it came out disgusting, I did something wrong.

A smoothie eh? Carrots, spinach, tomatos, half an apple..Like?
#13 Old 11-01-2005, 02:25 AM

Quote:

I think i'm allergic to milk, lol..I don't like it much either.

That oatmeal I'll have to give it a try, I did it once but it came out disgusting, I did something wrong.

A smoothie eh? Carrots, spinach, tomatos, half an apple..Like?

Yes, I have to have protien in the morning also. I am not a big oatmeal fan either, need to give a shot agian. Good luck. Sounds like you are on the right track.

I just need some ny-quile (sp) Sinus stuff is getting to me. Soup and fruit is the only thing that really sounds good now, and of course sleep. Something, I can not do. lol

Milk sucks, lol!
#14 Old 11-01-2005, 05:34 AM
Veggie Regular

hm.. good breakfast?...

baked beans.. oatmeal, cream of wheat, polenta or grits (same thing!!!! watch alton brown!!!), hummus w/whole wheat pita bread... dry cereal and soymilk, whole wheat toast w/a tbsp of pb (my body can't take much more than that at a time, and it's enough!)... scrambled tofu... soygurt...
#15 Old 11-01-2005, 06:41 AM
Veggie Regular

YES!

I second pancakes for breakfast. Have them...every morning hehe.

I tried it with ground oatmeal a couple times...it's a bit...different but yummy

I usually have them with some cashew or macademia butter.
#16 Old 11-01-2005, 01:24 PM
Veggie Regular

For breakfast I'd go with Kashi Go Lean instant oatmeal packets - only 150 calories and 7 grams of fiber! I'm not on a diet, but its new and I wanted to try it out. Haven't tasted it yet, but it sure sounds good. Only 7g of sugar, I believe, too.
#17 Old 11-01-2005, 03:34 PM

lol, I woke up to a carrot and an orange today, didn't feel like eating an apple got some scares reading up some internet facts about apples being horrible while on an diet, lol. It seemed like a good breakfest, only thing I think I miss is protien, I gotta go shopping today for something, lol.
#18 Old 11-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Veggie Regular

It seems to me that you're not eating enough, and that you're lacking whole grains and protein. This doesn't seem like a diet you could maintain long term, and really that is what you need for a good weight loss plan. Its no good to drop 20 lbs in a month if you're starving the whole time and gain it all back when you quit. Try to add some normal meals you would eat if you were maintaining your weight. I wouldn't worry about eating any fruit or vegetable, you're not on a "diet", you're making long term changes to the way you eat and an apple can be a good part of that.
#19 Old 11-01-2005, 05:41 PM
Veggie Regular

^^^ Absolutely.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page