Vegan Diet Plans - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Beginner

Hello I was doing the soy slim fast thing for awhile and it worked for me, but I got tired of drinking the nasty soy shakes they have and eating the pasta. They have all these other great snacks and things but none of them are vegan.

Are there any vegan diet plans that are like the slim fast plans?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Whole grain, fruits, veggies, and legumes Real whole food is the way to go, IMO.
#3 Old 08-05-2005, 12:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Yup, nothing beats a nice, healthy, balanced diet. Don't think of your diet as a "diet" - that is, don't think of it as something you have to do to lose weight. Instead, see it as a lifestyle choice. Be aware of your portion sizes. Listen to your hunger cues. Get regular physical activity. Before you know it, the pounds will drop off on their own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Beginner

See that's the thing though, I already eat small portions and I work out on a regular basis. The problem is that I've plateaued. I'm still carrying an extra 20 lbs of baby weight and have been trying to get rid of it for about a year and a half now.
#5 Old 08-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Veggie Regular

How small are your portions? Are you getting enough calories? If not, your metabolism may have slowed down which may explain why you're not losing weight.
#6 Old 08-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Beginner

Well I've been going by calories, trying to keep it around 1500 calories a day, sometimes only making it to like 1200.
#7 Old 08-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Veggie Regular

While I don't know your measurements, that is a minimal number of calories for just about anyone - plus you say you work out regularly. Your body is starving and is retaining everything you eat. Up your caloric intake to at least 1500 - every day. Try for 1800. Give it a month. Weigh yourself weekly, no more.

Make every bite count - stay away from empty calorie foods and stick with nutrient dense foods.
#8 Old 08-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Beginner

*wrinkles nose* Why can't I just take a pill that will make it go away in like an hour? like a headache. LOL
#9 Old 08-05-2005, 11:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Isn't that every dieter's dream?
#10 Old 08-12-2005, 12:38 AM

Oh how we all would love that
#11 Old 08-12-2005, 04:00 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WushuMom View Post

*wrinkles nose* Why can't I just take a pill that will make it go away in like an hour? like a headache. LOL

When you find that pill let me know. Until them I'm

LOL

I'm just trying to eat healthier and cut out meat(still working on this veg thing) I buy tons of fruit but trying to increase veggies too now and beans and healthier nuts. I even started drinking Silk Enhanced and actually like it.

In the last 4 weeks I've lost 13 lbs. Now if I can keep this going.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page