feeling bad - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-24-2004, 03:29 PM

for the past year or so i've had a restrictive eating problem. not getting down extremely low, but about half what they say you should have. but 3 weeks ago i moved to college. since then i have been eating loads and loads... way more than they say you should have and most of it junk... it's just making me feel reallly crap and i'm getting really fat and bloated and i'm not doing exercise like i used to and i'm scared that because of all the restricting before it's gonna make me even fatter than i would get if i was just normal.. college is really intense and stressful too which i don't think is helping... i think part of the problem is that now i don't control most of my meals... it is doing what other people are doing and eating what other people are eating... but then eating what i want to eat aswell... i just don't know what to do... if i try and keep eating a normal amount each day i'm gonna put weight on cos i think i've messed up my metabolism. it would be ok if i had time to exercise properly, that would help, but i don't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Check out the Eat to Live thread, there are lots of people in the same boat there You'll surely get a warm welcome
#3 Old 10-26-2004, 07:53 AM
Veggie Regular

another idea is to find ways to reduce your stress levels. Exercise is a great stress reducer, so putting that into your schedule is really important not just for your physical health, but for your emotional and scholastic health as well.

also, you do have some control of what you eat when you're on campus. sure, it's within strict parameters (what others provide), but you can still make healthy choices from what is available. I wouldn't do calorie restriction (you need it for good brain function), but i would look to consuming more healthy foods more often.

both of these things will help reduce overall stress too. oh yeah, and drink lots of water!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page