Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By David3
  • 1 Post By AngelaKe
  • 1 Post By Global Awareness Group

#1 Old 07-20-2018, 12:30 PM

why am I losing weight?

Hey everyone.
I am a vegetarian since 3 months and unfortunately I started to lose weight. I eat meals regularly and they are full of nutrients, so I totally do not know why I am losing kilos. I was trying to eat "junk" food, but it didn't helped. Have you got idea why? Or maybe you know some fatty dishes that will help my to stop losing weight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-20-2018, 01:31 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie5 View Post
Hey everyone.
I am a vegetarian since 3 months and unfortunately I started to lose weight. I eat meals regularly and they are full of nutrients, so I totally do not know why I am losing kilos. I was trying to eat "junk" food, but it didn't helped. Have you got idea why? Or maybe you know some fatty dishes that will help my to stop losing weight.

Hi Marie5, and welcome to the forum.

Great job on getting plenty of vitamins and nutrients in your diet! Assuming that you don't have an underlying medical problem, then your weight loss is likely being caused by simply not eating enough calories.

Not eating enough calories is one of the most common mistakes made by new vegetarians, especially if they are following a low-fat diet. This mistake is easy to make, because vegetarian foods (beans, grains, vegetables, fruit) are very low in calories compared to meat and high-fat dairy foods.

You can use this website to estimate your daily calorie needs: http://www.calorieking.com/interacti...u-eat/?ref=nav . Be sure to choose the appropriate weight option: "gain weight", "maintain weight", or "lose weight".

Then, just remember these approximate calorie numbers:

One cup of boiled beans is about 230 calories

One cup of boiled grains or pasta is about 190 calories

One cup of fresh (not dried) fruit is 40-100 calories

One cup of non-starchy vegetables (kale, cabbage, radishes, etc.) is 5-40 calories

One cup of nuts or seeds is 700-1000 calories

Eating healthy foods that are rich in (unsaturated) fats is a good way to make sure you're getting enough calories. Nuts, seeds, and avocados are examples of such foods.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/
#3 Old 08-01-2018, 01:47 AM

Try to use calorie calculator to control your daily calories intake.
Mr. H. likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-28-2018, 04:21 AM

Drinking tea might be serving you to lose weight, new investigation has found-but the effects are annulled out if you add milk. Scientists have discovered that tea contains high levels of compounds that as new research have found that the drinking of the tea can help you to lose weight.
#5 Old 09-19-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie5 View Post
Hey everyone.
Hi Marie,
You are losing the weight because since becoming a vegan 3 months ago, you probably have eliminated meat and dairy products from your diet, and without all that fat intake you will lose weight.

Now those of you who are here to lose weight, are probably thinking that is a great thing and why you are complaining, unless you are at you ideal weight and became a vegan for other reasons, such as health issues. If you want to maintain your weight, then you should incorporate foods like avocados, nuts, and nut milks into your diet.
Ger Jonker likes this.
#6 Old 03-05-2019, 02:33 AM

Weight loss can result from a decrease in body fluid, muscle mass, or fat. ... Other causes of weight loss include, but are not limited to, cancer, viral infection (such as CMV or HIV), gastroenteritis, parasite infection, depression, bowel diseases, and overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism
#7 Old 04-28-2019, 06:04 PM

Become a Slimmer, More Sexy You!

Improving your metabolism and suppressing your hunger will increase your body's ability to burn fat!

Phen375 is the best dietary supplement designed for weight loss and appetite suppression!
#8 Old 05-21-2019, 06:29 AM

Probably because you had quit eating meat and dairy products which are a full source of fat. Try to put avocado, nuts, tofu, potatoes, dry fruits like walnuts, almond, fruits in your daily food list. I hope this will help you to gain weight.
#9 Old 06-03-2019, 11:32 AM

This happened because of the sudden change in your weight. Not to worry, lots of vegan people are there with good health. So get the inspiration from there and must have good diet. Put carbohydrate and fat and protein enriched food in your diet chart regularly in a balanced way. Have the vitamin B12 from supplements.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in