Lose weight, finally? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

#31 Old 03-05-2016, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

If you're exercising, you could be gaining muscle. Try taking measurements and take notice to how clothes feel. Focus should be on health, not just the numbers.

LedBoots and Thalassa4 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 03-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Veggie Recycler

I'll say it again - it's easier to lose weight as a vegan than as a lacto-ovo, especially if you don't consume a lot of vegan desserts, and only eat the fun processed products in moderation (like I've been eating a lot of beans, rice, tofu and veggies lately, so I made a date with Tofurky, but it's apparently harder for vegans to lose weight if they over-rely on the faux meats, etc).

If you are lacto-ovo, your weight may come off more gradually, or not at all if you rely too much on cheese.

Just a couple weeks after doing mostly vegan I could see it around my face. And I eat well - I eat when I'm hungry and don't do anything overly restrictive. However it probably helps that I'm not a big dessert person unless it's vegan fruit snacks or dark chocolate.
#33 Old 05-16-2016, 12:05 AM

Aim to fill up on veggies, choose whole grains, and limit (eliminate?) added sweetners. And don't allow booze to make food decisions!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 05-17-2016, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
It takes a while for new changes to become habits - so go easy on yourself, give yourself plenty of time, and allow for the occasional flub-up. Aim to fill up on veggies, choose whole grains, and limit (eliminate?) added sweetners. And don't allow booze to make food decisions!!! Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaby Lu View Post
Aim to fill up on veggies, choose whole grains, and limit (eliminate?) added sweetners. And don't allow booze to make food decisions!!!
Worth repeating? Hmmmmm.....
Second time noted
#35 Old 05-25-2016, 08:46 AM
Veggie Regular

The human body is always in flux. I would not be so woried about 1 pound of weight gain. Sorry to be so graphic, but vegetarians get a ton more fiber than others, especially those not making sensible food decisions, and thus you have heavier poop. Water also will cause poundage. A gallon is 8 pounds (thereabouts).

You should judge your fat loss with things like caliper tests and so on. I mean, how much fatty deposits you can grab, wobble, and jiggle.
#36 Old 02-21-2017, 09:01 AM

If you exercise and make good food choices you will lose weight, what really helped me was cutting out sugar almost completely. Once you change your stomach bio you´ll find that you stop craving sweets.
#37 Old 02-23-2017, 07:05 PM

Bye-bye almost 15 pounds this winter) I'm so happy)

Love life
#38 Old 02-23-2017, 09:41 PM
person

Anti-psychotic and anti depression (and anti migraine) meds make you want to eat more. You put on weight and then you find it very difficult to loose.

Everybody who is saying exercise is right. Lots of exercise. Consistent exercise.

I feel for you. It took me months in the gym to lose the wait I put on from taking an anti migraine drug and a person in my family is working hard to loose the weight put on taking Lithium.

What's wrong with using Stevia as a sweetener substitute.

Someone might have asked this but have you had your thyroid checked ?

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#39 Old 02-23-2017, 09:44 PM
person

and remember muscle weighs more than fat so don't think your getting fatter when you excercise just because the scales read heavier.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#40 Old 02-27-2017, 03:54 AM

The key to losing weight, I think, is getting rid of all that sugar that you may have in your diet because sugar has a lot of empty calories in it. A lot of food products sold at mainstream grocery stores which are perceived by the average consumer as being healthy are actually full of sugar. It's best to pick up most of your groceries from the produce aisle.

"Let your food be your medicine and let your medicine be your food." -- Hippocrates
#41 Old 03-29-2017, 11:12 AM
Veggie Regular

I agree, Dr. Pepperquitt.

Check out this trailer for "That Sugar Film."

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
#42 Old 03-29-2017, 11:56 AM

Some vegetables and fruits if added in your daily diet can support weight loss very well:
Black Pepper
According to some studies, peppercorn’s outer layer may break down fat cells. Once fat cells transfer into their component parts, it is easier for the body system to process them. As a result, excessive fat amount will be addressed. Thus, by including black pepper regularly to daily meals, people may control their weight number.
Raspberries
One mechanism behind benefits of raspberries is its ability to support weight loss process. This effect is attributed to the appearance of manganese and fiber. On one hand, manganese can foster metabolic rate. As a result, it can help burn fat effectively. On the other hand, fiber may suppress apetite. Therefore, people may feel fuller and don’t dersire for food.
Apples
A study was carried out on female participants to varify health benefits of apples in weight loss. The result showed that after 3 months of consuming 300 grams of apples on a daily basis, these women could lose about 1.3 kg.
http://www.nutritionjrnl.com/article...850-X/abstract
Quinoa
Quinoa, along with other pseudo-cereals, may regulate the appetite. Therefore, quinoa helps you reduce the consumption of foods. On the other hand, foods whose glycemic index score is low, like quinoa, help you stay away from hunger more efficiently. This plays an important role in weight loss.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16277791
Green Tea
One of the very first health benefits of green tea is to help people lose weight more easily and efficiently. Thanks to its bioactive antioxidants, green tea can result in a boost in the way your body uses energy and burns fat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#43 Old 03-29-2017, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

What I believe more about certain foods helping weight loss is that it's more about them promoting healthy habits.
I got up to 170 lbs as a vegan. I had lost some weight when I went veg with cheese, but after I normalized with vegan eating I developed a love for cooking, baking, experimenting-and eating.
I started by adding healthy foods-like the ones listed above-but adding them didn't help with weight loss, it was the getting my mind set on eating healthy. Even more was healthy foods triggering the realization of staying away from junk, and acknowledging the difference in the feelings of 'hunger'

When I got the book by Dr Greger- How Not to Die, I put the daily dozen app on my phone.
It's just a check list of servings of foods you should eat every day. Beans, greens, berries, grains...
I found if I stick with that list I'm eating the right amount of calories, and getting a well balanced diet
http://nutritionfacts.org/2015/12/31...ideos-of-2015/
Symondezyn likes this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#44 Old 04-11-2017, 02:38 AM
Banned

I also want to lose some weight. For that purpose I go to the gym 3 time per week, run every mornining and keep on a healthy diet. My trainer also advised me to drink weight loss tea and to eat more fruits instead of sweets. I've already lost 10 lbs and I hope I'll lose 15 lbs in the next three weeks.

Last edited by kellyon; 04-11-2017 at 04:23 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page