Food tracking app/device - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-22-2014, 09:46 AM

Food tracking app/device

I am just wondering if you use health apps/devices to monitor your food intake. I personally tried myfitnesspal, but I can't adhere to it. What types of features do you look for when you consider apps/devices for food consumption? More importantly, what keeps you motivated to use it?

Is there a food monitoring app/device that suits you now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-22-2014, 10:28 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

I use myfitnesspal. I like the layout and ease of logging workouts, food, nutrition intake, etc.

For instance, yesterday I hit twenty days of logging in and logged my weight, seven pounds over those twenty days.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#3 Old 10-22-2014, 01:12 PM

My fave is Cronometer. I use the app for iPhone. Works well.

I was motivated to use it when I tweaked my caloronutrient ratios 6 months ago. I don't use it much any more now that I have a good grip on my diet.

I only used it for food. Never for exercise or anything.

Last edited by Vanilla Gorilla; 10-22-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-25-2014, 03:46 AM
Beginner

I use an excel spreadsheet with pre planned meals and their nutritional value on it. I've tailored each meal to have a certain amount of calories in it so I can easily swap them around depending on what I feel like eating that day.
#5 Old 11-17-2014, 01:42 PM

MyfitnessPal! I've lost about 30 pds since January 2013 using it, and it tracks you month by month on a timeline; really makes me feel great
#6 Old 11-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Beginner

I've tried several of these. Fitday is good but it's more for logging in food than a complete package of fitness, healthy habits, etc. I also like Cronometer for the food log but not for anything else. I recently put in my stats and it suggested that I need to eat 800 calories to lose a pound a week! 800? I don't think so... (and I know it's not true from other daily calorie intake tools that I've looked at, which all give me a range closer to 1400-1500).

The one that I like the best is Sparkpeople. It has a lot of great support and the layout is pretty easy to use. It also has a blog, a place where you can make inspirational "stickies" that flash on your homepage to keep you motivated, and a tracker for other health habits (like drinking enough water or getting enough sleep).

Djuna

Tags
app , calorie , device

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page