5Likes
  • 1 Post By clarita osita
  • 2 Post By clarita osita
  • 1 Post By Werewolf Girl
  • 1 Post By a Balloon a Balloon

#1 Old 06-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Veggie Regular

June Challenge

Hey guys, I'm sorry I'm a bit late! But anyway, here's your June Challenge.

This is a place to post health-related goals, questions, gripes, advice, and successes. Let's make sure June Gloom doesn't keep us down!
Werewolf Girl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Ok, so! My May goals were:
-No more than 7 soda-drinking days (Good - drank soda 6 times)
-Lots of water (Not good, didn't drink enough)
-Schedule exercise in - at least 4 days per week, plus regular walking in addition (Pretty good)
-Stick to a bedtime schedule (Not good! Only got in bed on time a few days)
-Do my hip stretches twice a day (Pretty good)
-Lots of leafy greens for minerals to help keep me balanced and grounded (Good!)
-Breathing exercises every night to help me fall asleep (Good!)

I'm sticking to mainly the same goals this month. I need to reinforce the stuff I did well and keep trying on the stuff I didn't do well. I'd like to continue losing weight and I think I did last month - but I don't have a scale, so I'm not sure. My jeans do feel looser, though!

June goals:
-No more than 6 soda-drinking days
-2L water per day, minimum
-Lots of leafy greens for minerals to help keep me balanced and grounded
-Slow down on the avocado

-Run 3x per week (MWF)
-Sunday yoga in the park (it's FREE)

-In bed by 10pm
-Do my hip stretches twice a day
-Breathing exercises every night to help me fall asleep

Good luck everybody!
#3 Old 06-12-2014, 01:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Not sure anybody's up for these challenges anymore, but I'll keep the threads going for a little longer just in case.

I'm doing pretty well! Getting enough water, mostly getting to bed on time, eating my greens, only have had soda once so far, running, made it to yoga last Sunday, and doing my hip and breathing exercises. So far June is going pretty well! I could still stand to eat less avocado, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-12-2014, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

I'm up for it! I don't post often but I love reading everyone's progress and it gives me a lot of motivation to keep going.

My goals are the same as always:

Exercise at least a bit every day
Cut back on sugar and junk food
Eat more fruits and veggies
Get more sleep
Watch my portion sizes

So far this month I've been doing okay, I've been stress eating a bit though so I've been trying to replace some of the candy with fruit and other healthy snacks...
LedBoots likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5 Old 06-13-2014, 03:10 AM
Veggie Regular

My goals are the same as usual, but it's good to monitor them.

Cycle and run a few times a week
Eat more vegetables
Get up before 9am every day (I just finished my degree, and am in limbo....)
Remember to do press ups and sit ups (I supposedly do a few sets every other day, but semi-accidentally forget quite often, because it's a bit boring)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#6 Old 06-22-2014, 09:56 AM
Veggie Regular

How are you guys doing?

I'm doing well on running 3x a week, weekly yoga, and breathing exercises.

So-so on drinking soda, drinking enough water, less avocado, and 2x daily hip stretches.

Not so hot on eating enough greens and getting in bed on-time.

I'm also not going to run this coming week. I've noticed every time I run, my knees hurt a little bit more at the start. It only lasts the first minute or so (with some soreness on off days), but each run it's progressively more painful to start running. Additionally, I've been getting shooting pains in one ankle and pain where I fractured a bone in my foot last year. So I'm going to step off it for a while and find something else to do. If it's better next week, I might start up again but with some insoles in my shoes. If that's not enough, I'll try on a treadmill or find a park with a dirt path (I think I know one), and see if that's better than the concrete. Otherwise I guess running might just not agree with me! But if none of those things work, I think I know of a public pool that's only $2 per swim. As long as it's heated in the winter, it'll be a good option if running doesn't work out.

Also, after 4 weeks of running and tracking my food, I've only lost 1 pound, so I'm starting to switch over to high fruit to see if that makes a difference. I know 1 pound is still something, but since I was only averaging 1500 calories a day and exercising 4-6 days a week, I was expecting a little better than that over the past month. But we'll see how this goes. I don't want to go below 1500 a day, so...
#7 Old 07-01-2014, 02:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Clarita, please keep this thread going! I've been so busy pursuing a new workout routine and now I can post my June results!

I bought a pedometer and have been making it a point to walk at least 5-6 times a week. At first I tried to do between 4.5 and 5 miles a day, but I eventually got up to 6 miles and then almost 7.5 on different days.

So for the month of June, here are my results:

114.4 total miles (avg. 26.7 mi/week); burned ~25,930 kcal (avg. ~6,050.3 kcal/week); 304,247 total steps (avg. 70,991.2 steps/week); 174,463 total aerobic steps (avg. 43,067.2 aerobic steps/week); avg. 127.5 steps/min

(Calculations based on 4.2857 weeks in June) #fitness #achievement

Aristede

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#8 Old 07-02-2014, 10:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow, that's some impressive walking!

And ok, I'll make a July thread.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page