I gained 10lbs on a vegan diet!! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 9Likes
  • 6 Post By CatherineLove
  • 3 Post By Vegan Dave

#1 Old 05-21-2014, 07:46 AM

I gained 10lbs on a vegan diet!!

My entire life I've been struggling to gain weight. I can recall intentionally eating high fat foods thinking that I would gain weight from it. It was quite the opposite for me constantly sick in the bathroom and being the same weight since I was 13. I am five feet nine inches & and until I became vegan I was struggling to maintain a weight of 103 pounds. I had my cholesterol levels checked at the age of 19 it showed that my HDL was low. With this in mind I thought that I could eat red meat and dairy to make my cholesterol higher. It did not work. I had a colonoscopy it revealed Polyup cysts I was given the diagnosis of IBS and a rx... They didn't tell me that the rx had benzodiazepines in it... I was on that medicine until I was 21... Once I met my hubby my transition was instant .. We watched earthlings I went vegan..! Within one week I am no longer sick and I gained ten pounds !!! I was 113 lbs I have never weighted this much in my life ... Now a year after baby I am back to 113lbs ! This is my story being vegan helped raise my good cholesterol because I have low cholesterol something seemingly unheard of in western society.
River, Jennifer C, 60225 and 3 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-21-2014, 02:09 PM
Banned

excellent news
#3 Old 05-26-2014, 10:24 AM

I forgot to mention I also no longer have kidney stones or uti's. I used to have multiple kidney stones all the time and when I didn't have a kidney stones my bladder would always act up. I was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-26-2014, 04:37 PM
Veggie Regular

That's fantastic! A lot of people go vegan hoping they'll lose some weight, and many do (I didn't). But for some people, and you clearly are one of them, eating the plant foods your body needs can help heal the problems that keep you underweight.

It sounds like this has been a really great change for you. Congratulations!
#5 Old 06-03-2014, 10:25 PM

Congrats! It is always nice to hear how a vegan diet helps our bodies get on tune. Keep it up!
#6 Old 06-04-2014, 09:36 AM

Are there any foods you ate in particular? I'm 5' 7" and I struggle to hold103 lbs too. It'd be great to gain 10 lbs
#7 Old 06-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khuang311 View Post
Are there any foods you ate in particular? I'm 5' 7" and I struggle to hold103 lbs too. It'd be great to gain 10 lbs
I have an extra 10 lbs I'll give you for free!!

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page