May Challenge - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By clarita osita
  • 1 Post By arcoftime
  • 1 Post By Lissy

#1 Old 05-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to the May Challenge! This is a place to post health-related goals and give/get advice and support. These goals can be weight gain/loss, exercise, healthy eating, healthy lifestyle, whatever you want!

Here's to a good May!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I managed to lose another 5lbs suddenly at the end of last month, so hopefully that'll stay lost... I've now lost 22lbs! I've got another 25 to go to reach where I was, and 10 more to get to where I had been a few years ago. I'm not sticking to that too carefully, though; I'll see how I feel as I lose fat and build muscle and see where I'm most comfortable.

My goals this month are similar to last month. I'm moving across the country next week (my husband and I are moving into my cousin's living room until he gets a job and we can pay rent), finishing two classes, starting two more, and preparing for nursing school. Life's a little nuts, so I'm just going to try to keep doing small things to help myself stay sane and at least maintain, if not improve, my fitness and diet.

Goals:
-No more than 7 soda-drinking days.
-Lots of water
-Schedule exercise in - at least 4 days per week, plus regular walking in addition
-Stick to a bedtime schedule
-Do my hip stretches twice a day
-Lots of leafy greens for minerals to help keep me balanced and grounded
-Breathing exercises every night to help me fall asleep

Good luck, everyone!
#3 Old 05-05-2014, 12:55 AM
Beginner

Hi! Im going to join on this challenge, but here is a little bg. The last 3 years have been a real struggle for me as I dropped out of uni, got into serious debt, ended up in a job I loved but despised and was paying triple the amount of tax I shouldve been paying. All this left me severely depressed and eating alot of feelings. Well, my life is finally looking up (new job, more money and a tax refund!) And so I am ready to address the next big issue in my life: my weight. Here are my goals for May smiley.gif

- lose 3lbs. I have very little food in my house at the moment and I dont get any money until the middle of may so I am being reserved in my estimate.
- drink 2litres of water a day.
- begin swimming 2 times a week (at least)
- take my supplements and remedes EVERY day
kalethyme likes this.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." - Charles Darwin
http://leighonamission.wordress.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-07-2014, 12:52 PM

I want to join!

My goals for May -

* Add 15 minutes of foam rolling in each day

* yoga 5 days a week

* Stick to my macros and stop fiddling with them until June

*Finish 30 days of HIIT (I just finished day 11!!)

*Stick to IF because it works so well for me, especially in regards to my ED :)

#5 Old 05-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome! Those all sound like pretty attainable goals.

BoxingDonkey - just in regards to your ED, will you have issues if anyone here posts numbers related to weight loss/gain or calories? Just want to check in advance!

I'm officially moved out of California and into Maryland... well, into my cousin's living room in Maryland anyway. We'll be here until my husband finds a job and we can get an apartment, but I'm already in school. So it's going to be tough to stick to any kind of schedule, but I'll have to do my best.
#6 Old 05-07-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarita Osita View Post

Welcome! Those all sound like pretty attainable goals.

BoxingDonkey - just in regards to your ED, will you have issues if anyone here posts numbers related to weight loss/gain or calories? Just want to check in advance!

I'm officially moved out of California and into Maryland... well, into my cousin's living room in Maryland anyway. We'll be here until my husband finds a job and we can get an apartment, but I'm already in school. So it's going to be tough to stick to any kind of schedule, but I'll have to do my best.

Thanks for asking! I am all good. I know what I weigh but I don't own a scale. Since putting on so much muscle my body shape has changed so much that all of those old horrible numbers are meaningless now :D

I love baltimore! We go all the time. Are you near?

#7 Old 05-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Glad your kicking that ED's tuchus, then!

Yeah, we're in Baltimore actually! I haven't been here for long but so far so good.
#8 Old 05-13-2014, 03:38 AM
Dietary Vegan Since 2013

Just checking in to see all my lovelies in the challenge thread.  Great to see so many of you are still going strong! :)  Clarita you are amazing!

I went to see a proper dietician for the first time yesterday (not just the food coach I went to once a while ago) and I've decided to log all my food (started today) until I see her again in a month's time to really be conscious of making good balanced choices, not just the same things over and over or snacky food with little nutritious value.  Goal for this month is to reduce body fat (I am what is universally known as skinny fat).  Here's a link to my log in case anyone's interested.

Keep up the great work everyone!  Will keep checking in :)

kalethyme likes this.
#9 Old 05-20-2014, 12:39 AM
Dietary Vegan Since 2013

Cannot wait until my next appointment with the dietician, I know I've definitely become more toned somehow just by adding the miso soup, green tea, nuts, protein shakes and writing down everything I eat. The amount I gym is the same. She is worth every cent with her tips.

How is everyone going?
#10 Old 05-25-2014, 08:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy View Post
Just checking in to see all my lovelies in the challenge thread.  Great to see so many of you are still going strong!  Clarita you are amazing!

I went to see a proper dietician for the first time yesterday (not just the food coach I went to once a while ago) and I've decided to log all my food (started today) until I see her again in a month's time to really be conscious of making good balanced choices, not just the same things over and over or snacky food with little nutritious value.  Goal for this month is to reduce body fat (I am what is universally known as skinny fat).  Here's a link to my log in case anyone's interested.

Keep up the great work everyone!  Will keep checking in
Aww, thanks Lissy! Sounds like you're doing pretty well, too!

Sorry I haven't been checking in. I've been doing great on avoiding soda (only had it 4 times this month), doing breathing exercises every night, and eating lots of leafy greens. Still working on getting in more water (instead of guzzling it all right before bed), doing my hip stretches, and getting exercise in. And I'm doing ok on a regular bedtime - getting there.

My husband and I went running yesterday, and then I went to a "yoga" class with my cousin - turned out to be tai chi stretching... they tried. :P We're starting the Couch to 5k program, so we'll go running again tomorrow morning. My goal is to work up towards exercising 7 days a week (different things, though, to give my muscles rest). I know most people aim for 5-6, but my doctor told me it would be really helpful in controlling my OCD to be at around 6 days a week, and I think it'll help me sleep better, too, so I'm figuring I'll aim for 7 days and see where I land.
#11 Old 05-26-2014, 02:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I (sort of) have my parents doing the McDougall program, but they seem to have a love/hate relationship, and I think they cheat too much with dairy. I'm healthy and I want everyone else to be! Haha.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
#12 Old 06-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey guys, sorry I disappeared... I tend to be on-and-off with forums. But the June thread is up for anyone who is interested!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page