Suffering from the belly fat.. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By penny79
  • 2 Post By logic
  • 1 Post By Mikelw
  • 1 Post By victoria78888

#1 Old 10-12-2012, 10:14 PM

Hi I am smith joe from USA .I am 32 years of age. Anyone is here to suggest me your opinions to my health.I am having belly-fat on my body.And want to loose it as much as I can rapidly and in short time.So,will your recommendation to me ???? 

Please share your suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-16-2012, 03:53 PM

Hey Joe,

I'm about to turn 30 myself... At this age, our metabolism slows and we can't eat the way we did in our teens and 20's. I'm slender but I have belly fat, too. The best thing for it is to eat mostly whole grains, fruits, and veggies; control our portion sizes-- which I find to be the hardest part!; and stay active. I take a walk every day, though I think I should be doing something more intense like jogging or cycling-- I just can't work up the motivation. Good luck to you! Remember not to lose weight too quickly, or you'll risk gaining it all back when you snap. Eat in a way that is reasonable and possible to maintain.

Marcy

#3 Old 10-17-2012, 04:31 AM

Thank you Peachpit for suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-17-2012, 06:58 AM
Veggie Regular

You need a caloric deficit.  Track your calories; weigh or measure your food.  Exercise.  :)

veggie man likes this.
#5 Old 10-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Banned

Well, the way you're going to lose the most in the shortest period of time is this:

Drink water and nothing else.  

Of course, if you want to be healthy and lose weight and keep it off, well, its not going to be rapid.   But its fairly easy to do as well, just a whole food based low-fat/low-sugar   (less than 20% of your calories from fat), avoid dairy and make sure you're getting adequate protein of sufficient quality.    No need to count calories. 

lostworld81 and veggie man like this.
#6 Old 10-17-2012, 09:37 PM

Thanks Penny and Logic for made me suggestions.

#7 Old 10-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm with logic on this one! I find that when I cut down on the amount of fat (even the healthful fats from nuts and avocados etc.) I lose weight, just because these foods are quite calorific compared to fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Just base your food intake on those things and it should work out fine! Also, a little run around the block might do some good too!

#8 Old 06-13-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithjoe View Post

Hi I am smith joe from USA .I am 32 years of age. Anyone is here to suggest me your opinions to my health.I am having belly-fat on my body.And want to loose it as much as I can rapidly and in short time.So,will your recommendation to me ???? 

Please share your suggestions.

http://purepowerbootcamp.com/

go vegan you'll loose weight very fast you'll be surprised in the weight loss and you'll be doing good by saving animals at the same time :)

#9 Old 06-15-2013, 08:58 AM

To lose belly fat, you'd have to lose weight in general. You can't "spot-reduce" fat. To lose weight fast, I'd recommend doing some walking for some hours if you have time and cutting foods with high amounts of sugar and/or fat but mostly sugar. That would be one step. Then you could also train your muscles, the more muscles you have, the easier you can burn fat but don't think by doing stomach-centric excercises you'll burn "belly-fat". That's not possible. Every muscle group should have some time to rest, too.

And drink water only. Or at least most of the time. Eat fruits and vegetables, but also some whole-grain stuff or other fiber-rich foods to feel full. But as someonelse already said, don't set your goal on reducing fat in the shortest amount of time possible. It could backfire. The best way would be to just switch your normal diet to something more healthy and then excercise.

#10 Old 06-24-2013, 07:27 AM

You should go for a walk in the early morning and take low fat cookies. Must have to do the exercise and go for Yoga, you can also go for swimming and play games like football, hockey etc. You have to take light meal at lunch and dinner time. At the breakfast, take fruit and some juices like apple juice and mango juice. Cycling is also a good way of loosing weight. Wishing you all the best.

#11 Old 09-21-2013, 01:43 PM

Hi am a 15 year vegan I just became one 5 months ago. Am trying to get rid of belly fat. Do I do cardio every day
#12 Old 10-11-2013, 10:42 AM

Working out is extremely important part of overall health.There may be a variety of fast ways to lose weight but the most effective way is to lose weight gradually through proper diet plan and regular exercises.
#13 Old 01-20-2014, 03:13 AM

You should compliment your food diet with exercise. To get rid of the fat in your belly go jogging every morning and at least twenty five sit-ups a day will help.

#14 Old 02-22-2014, 03:10 PM

Have you tried hula hooping?  Start out with 10 minutes.  Then increase it.  I hula hoop 30 minutes a day and I've been working up for about a month and a half, I've been doing 30 minutes for a few weeks, and my stomach looks soo much nicer than it did before :P

I also do situps and squats but I think the hula hooping helps the most.

#15 Old 02-22-2014, 07:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I do kid stuff too like hoola hoop, jump rope and I'm even thinking of buying a skip it smiley.gif great exercise and fun! smiley.gif
#16 Old 02-23-2014, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender phase View Post

I do kid stuff too like hoola hoop, jump rope and I'm even thinking of buying a skip it smiley.gif great exercise and fun! smiley.gif

I used to that all the time as a kid! You could buy one had some kind of sound - you know what I mean? But we made our own too.

I tried that over the summer and it just didn't work as smoothly as it sound

I had this one: Had no idea it returned!

skip it toy 1960's

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#17 Old 02-23-2014, 09:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, they do sell skip it at toys r us but it is a bit different looking smiley.gif
#18 Old 04-10-2014, 03:19 PM

Eat lots of veggies to reduce your calorie intake.  Eating better is the simple part.  Exercise is the hard part.

DO NOT JOG.  A lot of people think they need to do cardio to lose weight, and by cardio they think of running (it's actually jogging) a certain number of miles.  This is the dumbest thing ever. 

To lose weight, you need to do high intensity exercises.  You can do cardio, but do things like short sprints or burpees.  Also, whatever you do, you have to push yourself.  Go beyond your limits of what you want to do or think you can do.  If you do 5 pushups everyday you'll never improve.  You have to try to do 6 the next day, then 7, and so on. 

Basically, if you eat veggies and exercise you'll lose weight. 

Wendaline likes this.

Beautiful Fruit Jewelry Made from Real Fruit Slices! http://www.etsy.com/shop/fruitjewelry
#19 Old 05-29-2014, 03:36 AM

Hi...!
First of all make a diet plan and join a gym , exercise and yoga is very important to loss belly fat, avoid from junk food and eat vegetables rather then meat and oily things .
#20 Old 06-01-2014, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclord View Post
Hi...!
First of all make a diet plan and join a gym , exercise and yoga is very important to loss belly fat, avoid from junk food and eat vegetables rather then meat and oily things .
have you any comment ?
#21 Old 06-02-2014, 03:40 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclord View Post
have you any comment ?
The original post was from 2012, so the poster may not see your response.
#22 Old 08-06-2014, 05:10 AM

Hi everyone...!
Yoga and cardio exercise are the best way to lose weight without any side effects . You should do cardio exercises like cycling,basketball and jogging for a better and quick result.Eat fresh vegetables and fruits and avoid from beverages .

Hcg diet
#23 Old 08-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Veggie Regular

I read that coconut oil helps to lose belly fat

Animals should be loved not eaten !
#24 Old 08-07-2014, 06:03 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender phase View Post
I read that coconut oil helps to lose belly fat
Here's an exert from a presentation I did earlier this year:

Quote:
Coconut oil is found in the ‘meat’ of coconuts. It is high in saturated fats and so does not spoil easily.[22] The saturated fat content has many nutrition experts cautioning against excessive consumption of coconut oil as it is linked to coronary disease.[23] Virgin coconut oil is somewhat safer than regular coconut oil due it containing mainly medium-chain triglycerides.[24]

[22] Fife, Bruce (2005). Coconut Cures. Piccadilly Books, Ltd. pp. 184–185. ISBN 978-0-941599-60-3
[23] Singh RB, Mori H, Chen J, Mendis S, Moshiri M, Zhu S, Kim SH, Sy RG, Faruqui AM (December 1996). "Recommendations for the prevention of coronary artery disease in Asians: a scientific statement of the International College of Nutrition". J Cardiovasc Risk 3 (6): 489–494. doi:10.1097/00043798-199612000-00002. PMID 9100083
[24] Kaunitz, H. (1986). "Medium chain triglycerides (MCT) in aging and arteriosclerosis". Journal of Environmental Pathology, Toxicology and Oncology : official organ of the International Society for Environmental Toxicology and Cancer 6 (3–4): 115–121. PMID 3519928
Fat loss is 90% calories, 10% the source of those calories.
#25 Old 08-07-2014, 07:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Make sure you also don't have APT. It is pretty common nowadays.

http://www.swolept.com/posts/fixing-...r#.U-N7cPldWnc
#26 Old 08-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Eat less, exercise more!

There is joy and beauty in everything around us, just take time to see it!

#27 Old 08-11-2014, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vendy View Post
Hi everyone...!
Yoga and cardio exercise are the best way to lose weight without any side effects . You should do cardio exercises like cycling,basketball and jogging for a better and quick result.Eat fresh vegetables and fruits and avoid from beverages .
Any suggestion ?

Hcg diet
#28 Old 09-13-2014, 01:13 AM

Hellow every one i have some useful tips and tricks for fast fat burning on belly please follow my some burinig tips for losing belly fat here are some ideas and tips below.

1 Eat breakfast.
It might seem counterproductive to eat if you're trying to lose weight, but studies show that eating breakfast within an hour of waking up keeps your insulin levels steadier and your LDL cholesterol levels lower.

2 Decompress.
Research indicates that the secretion of cortisol (a hormone your body produces during times of stress) is correlated with an increase in belly fat.Some strategies for combating everyday stress:

3 Aim to take 10,000 steps a day.
In one study where men reduced their daily steps from about 10,000 to less than 1,500 (without changing their diet), their visceral (belly) fat increased by 7% after just 2 weeks

LedBoots likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by victoria78888; 09-13-2014 at 01:16 AM.
#29 Old 09-13-2014, 05:35 AM

It's not very easy to get rid belly fat but I think you need fiber supplement. Fiber is a good natural way of helping to reduce body fat. It does not metabolize fat quicker, but it will help you by lessening the intake of calories. It will also lessen the amount of cholesterol in the blood.
#30 Old 09-13-2014, 07:13 AM
Beginner

If you want to lose quickly, you can do a three day juice fast followed by several more days of slowly building back up to a normal vegan diet.

I've done this a few times, and always feel more clear and calm afterwards, to boot.

However, you have to be very, very careful not to overeat when you return to a normal diet!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page