When does one need to gain weight? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 08-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie25 View Post

( maybe the reason I'm noticing all this more is because I stopped drinking coffee and coffee raises blood pressure. I feel like crap :( . Intermittent bursts of energy scattered throughout exhaustion due to low muscle tone. I just... oh this is depressing. Sigh . How do I get more muscle when I'm this exhausted? ) 

Hi greenie. Ok, I'm a nurse and I'm not going to mince words, so if you're feeling vulnerable, skip this post. It is meant sincerely and caringly.

You can get more muscle by eating enough caloric food. I'm assuming you are underweight? If so, you need to eat way more calories to gain for your health. Your heart is a muscle that will get weaker too. Don't worry about the perfect good foods, nutrition, etc right now. Get your weight up, and your energy and higher blood pressure will naturally return. Keep off the stimulants including caffeine, stop smoking if you do, don't exercise to excess, take no weight loss supplements or laxatives. Meditate daily; there are great free easy meditations online. Try to love yourself and to feel the luck of having a young and healthy body in a world where many people struggle to even feed and house the children they love.
I sincerely hope you're feeling better and stronger soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 08-23-2012, 04:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow. Ledboots. This..I...thankyou. You know what? You're right. This was really important to read. I think I've been slipping over the last little while into some kind of mind frame I don't want to. 

Thankyou so much. Wise and well-named ( don't know where 'Ledboots' came from but I love it ). 

x

#33 Old 08-23-2012, 04:21 AM
Veggie Regular

And yes, I am underweight but I've always been small and I still have a ..shape ( chest and such ) with a BMI of 16.4 . Numerous people comment often that I don't look malnourished. But I guess maybe that doesn't matter. It's hard to know what to do , sometimes. But it didn't used to be. So I'll take the fact that it is as a warning sign. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 08-23-2012, 05:53 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie25 View Post

Wow. Ledboots. This..I...thankyou. You know what? You're right. This was really important to read. I think I've been slipping over the last little while into some kind of mind frame I don't want to. 

Thankyou so much. Wise and well-named ( don't know where 'Ledboots' came from but I love it ). 

x

I'm glad I didn't freak you out, greenie. smiley.gif I almost regretted posting it. I hope you take care of yourself and talk to someone you trust IRL. smiley.gif

Lol, I started using "ledboots" on the interwebz years ago after seeing the greatest guitar performance *ever* in a recording studio. Jeff Beck <3. And one of the boards i posted on was a football forum, so i thought ledboots sounded tough enough. grin.gif
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCIQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3De6T6AQ5yXqc&ei=FBY2UPuFAZCm8ATthYHwDg&usg=AFQjCNEpOaQl5-eKz3v2Mx3rVqDF1mxzUQ
#35 Old 08-24-2012, 01:31 AM
Veggie Regular

I love it :) 

And yeah, I had a blood test because I've been having chest pains and just feeling crummy and despite taking iron and having periods of energy I fully expected to be anaemic. The blood tests were great which was actually sort of disheartening. Maybe it's all mental! 
Iron- ok ( not great but ok) , vit d- ditto, thyroid- ditto, all things all good except white blood cell count but that's been low for about 15 years and my grandma and I think sister also have always just 'had a low white blood cell' count. 
Anyway, it's a bit sad to sit there feeling awful and have the doctor go 'You're healthy!' but I should be and am glad :) . Ha. 
It's all good. 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page