Sudden drop in appetite - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-19-2011, 05:10 AM

Hey there,

I've been veggie, with lots of raw, for almost three weeks now, and it's been great. I have more energy, flexibility, and stamina, and my concentration and moods have really improved too. I've especially noticed a difference in my joints: no more creaky achiness. I've also lost weight really quickly; not sure how much, but I'd say between 5 and 8 pounds.

However, I'm a little alarmed by something, and that's my drop in appetite. I've always been a big fan of eating, but now, I have to make myself eat. It's not because I'm not interested in the food I'm eating now. In fact, I'm spending so much more time in the kitchen, loving it, making some of the most delicious and nutritious recipes ever (ohsheglows.com!). But I'm never hungry anymore, at all. I eat tiny portions, and even that I eat only because I know I should. When I run now, I have tons more energy and stamina, but I sometimes feel like my stomach is full (ie, a little burpy), even though it's usually five hours or so since my last meal.

I do have a bit of a history of stomach trouble; I discovered I was gluten intolerant last year and my tummy and intestines are probably still healing from that inadvertent abuse. But I've never experienced this before. I'm definitely eating a ton of fiber, way more than ever, so maybe that's why I'm never hungry? I don't know. I haven't counted calories; maybe I should to make sure.

I'm going to bring up my drop in appetite (and new diet) with my gastro next week, but I wanted to see if any of you think this is normal.

I have been veggie before, several years ago for a couple of years, but I don't remember this appetite loss. Maybe I wasn't eating as well (fiber, nutrition) then?

Anyway, looking forward to your thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-19-2011, 07:11 AM
Banned

for sure track your daily calorie intake.

have you decreased the amount of physical activity over the past 3 weeks?
#3 Old 09-21-2011, 09:55 AM

Some say that drinking a shot glass of rhum before you eat or preparing a food that is spicy will help you increase your appetite.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page