biggest loser - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-06-2011, 03:03 AM

i plan on losing some pounds along with the biggest loser TV show
goal is to lose 2+ jean sizes ( the seasons are usually 17 weeks )

shopping list :
green tea
silk ( light)
quinoa
lentils
tofu
oatmeal
almonds
frozen- mangos,blueberries,strawberries
apples /grapes
tofurkey deli meat
morning star chicken patties /ground beef /veggie burgers
organic salad mix
lipton side dishes
couscous
yams
eggwhites
greek yogurt
pita bread
whole wheat pancake mix
brown rice
baby carrots
celery
5 pound bag of california blen mixed veggie
strifry bottle blend
collard greens
100 calorie buns
diet soda
salsa
penne pasta
mushrooms
egg plant
zucchini
black beans/redbeans
chilli powder
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
workout ...
yoga booty ballet
turbo jams
9 miles a week
in combination with a 1,300-1,4000 calorie diet

I'm all glued back together now. I make no apologies for how I chose to repair what you broke.
--Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-06-2011, 05:07 AM

Looks like you are aiming for a lot of nutrient dense foods, which is good. Just make sure that amount of calories is enough to sustain yourself for that kind of intense workout.
#3 Old 09-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Veggie Regular

the list looks good except for the lipton sides and the processed fake meat. Just be sure to use those sparingly. Good luck on your weight loss.

My brand new website for health coaching, and where all of my recipes will reside!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
previous food photography and portrait blog: www.creativeinspirationsphotography.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1435413727
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-06-2011, 01:46 PM

thanks alot ladies !!
ive gained 20 pounds since giving meat
im just trying to figure out a healther way to eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojess View Post

the list looks good except for the lipton sides and the processed fake meat. Just be sure to use those sparingly. Good luck on your weight loss.

I'm all glued back together now. I make no apologies for how I chose to repair what you broke.
#5 Old 09-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

agree

~The more you sweat the less you bleed~
***Come gather at our table***
http://ourtable1.blogspot.com/
***The road to Thermopylae***
http://theroadtothermopylae.blogspot.com/2011/09/huge-change-of-plans.html
#6 Old 09-06-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:

These items are high in sodium, which can make you retain water and slow your weight loss progress. Not to mention, the Lipton stuff is full of preservatives and refined stuff that won't leave you feeling very good or energetic if you plan to get active.
#7 Old 09-06-2011, 04:22 PM

What would be some easy and cheap side dishes instead of the lipton rice and noddle packs ?

#8 Old 09-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKBARBIE25 View Post

What would be some easy and cheap side dishes instead of the lipton rice and noddle packs ?

buy brown rice and make it in bulk, portion it out and then season it to suit the meal you are eating, also steamed veggies, roasted veggies, plain baked potatoes....

~The more you sweat the less you bleed~
***Come gather at our table***
http://ourtable1.blogspot.com/
***The road to Thermopylae***
http://theroadtothermopylae.blogspot.com/2011/09/huge-change-of-plans.html
#9 Old 09-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Veggie Regular

^^ Yep. The processed stuff is great from time to time when you don't have the time or energy to cook, but it's definitely not what you want to eat the majority of the time. Even if it's low calorie or something, that doesn't necessarily mean it's good for you. Keeping some cooked brown rice in the fridge is an excellent idea. One of my favorite easy meals is some steamed or stir fried veggies and beans or tofu over rice. Quick, easy, and I control the salt, fat, calories, etc.
#10 Old 09-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Veggie Regular

even instant brown rice has the same nutritional value as long cooked rice, since it has been par boiled then dehydrated. Mix that with chunky salsa, some cumin and chili powder either as a side dish or as a stuffed pepper filling.

My brand new website for health coaching, and where all of my recipes will reside!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
previous food photography and portrait blog: www.creativeinspirationsphotography.blogspot.com

#11 Old 09-08-2011, 05:47 PM

You all given me some wonderful ideas !!
im going shopping in the morning

#12 Old 09-08-2011, 05:50 PM

ive never tried instant rice .. is it mushy ?

Quote:

even instant brown rice has the same nutritional value as long cooked rice, since it has been par boiled then dehydrated. Mix that with chunky salsa, some cumin and chili powder either as a side dish or as a stuffed pepper filling.

#13 Old 09-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Veggie Regular

no it's not mushy, and you cook it for a few minutes, then let it sit in the pot for like 10 more minutes off the heat. It's not as chewy as reg brown rice, but definately not mushy. YOu use a 1:1 ratio of water and rice.

#14 Old 09-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Veggie Regular

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...lognese-239172

That is one of my staples, a red lentil bolognese. The only oil in it is at the beginning to fry the onions/garlic etc and it is not that much anyway. You can leave the cheese out. I always add a teaspoon of oregano to the herb mix, and have if on wholewheat pasta, or even brown rice.
#15 Old 09-13-2011, 07:05 PM

I have cut out the processed food ( mostly following the eat to live program ) and im starving
how long does it take to get used to a life without junk ?

#16 Old 09-15-2011, 12:19 AM
Veggie Regular

i dont remember! are you eating enough calories? It doesn't sound like it. what's your day's worth of food look like? if you are truly hungry, then eat a small portion, and drink a glass of water. Are you getting enough fiber in your diet? that will help you stay fuller longer. Many times hunger is really thirst, which is why I suggested the glass. Make some hummus, and have some carrots or cucumbers with it.

#17 Old 09-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Veggie Regular

My sister (who has always had more weight issues than I but now that I'm in my 50's I'm having trouble keeping my weight down) pointed out that regular green salads made with lettuce, no matter what else I put into them, won't always keep me feeling full (and therefore I tend to snack on junk food, which caused me to gain some weight this year). She recommended buying cabbages, both green and purple, and using that instead of lettuce as the base for salads. Cabbage makes you feel fuller. Make a coleslaw with the cabbages and it will keep for a week in the fridge. Season it as you would a regular green salad, with a low fat vinaigrette. Keep it in the fridge without seasoning it first and it will keep longer because it won't get soggy. Add julienned carrots and whatever else you want.

Some stores such as Trader Joe's actually sell bags of broccoli slaw which make it easier to make this type of salad.

*this space not for sale*
#18 Old 09-17-2011, 05:32 PM

my Typical day on plan ::
am . ceral 210 calories , almond milk 60 calories
mild day : 1 pound salad , 2 peaches and 1/2 beans on salad
snack: 1/2 pound of carots with 4 tablespoons of hummus ... green smoothes .. 1 cup spinach. 1/2 blueberries,1/2 mango, 1 cup of almond milk
dinner 1 soy burger .. huge salad 1/2 cup of beans and a huge apple

so far ive lost 5 pounds this week !!

Quote:

i dont remember! are you eating enough calories? It doesn't sound like it. what's your day's worth of food look like? if you are truly hungry, then eat a small portion, and drink a glass of water. Are you getting enough fiber in your diet? that will help you stay fuller longer. Many times hunger is really thirst, which is why I suggested the glass. Make some hummus, and have some carrots or cucumbers with it.

#19 Old 09-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd say not enough calories. You're not eating enough carbs, like dense veggies like potatoes or sweet potatoes, or grains, or any other variety of cooked vegetables. You didn't say if you're doing raw, I don't think, (did you?) How about broccoli, peas, edemame, corn, green beans, pasta/sauce...etc

The big salads you're eating aren't calorie heavy, unless you're adding salad dressings to them. 5 pounds is an awful lot to lose in one week, unless you've gone from like 6000 calories down to 1500. Do you make stews or chilis or pastas, or wraps. How about some bean burritos loaded with spinach and tomatoes and salsa?

#20 Old 09-18-2011, 08:37 PM

I've been doing the eat to live plan ..
you have given me some good ideas about stews and wraps !!
ive been pretty much living off raw veggies/ beans and fruits with no dressings ....
usually im just a standard veggie ( i eat dairy and eggs )
but im trying to drop alot of weight by my 28th birthday

Quote:

I'd say not enough calories. You're not eating enough carbs, like dense veggies like potatoes or sweet potatoes, or grains, or any other variety of cooked vegetables. You didn't say if you're doing raw, I don't think, (did you?) How about broccoli, peas, edemame, corn, green beans, pasta/sauce...etc

The big salads you're eating aren't calorie heavy, unless you're adding salad dressings to them. 5 pounds is an awful lot to lose in one week, unless you've gone from like 6000 calories down to 1500. Do you make stews or chilis or pastas, or wraps. How about some bean burritos loaded with spinach and tomatoes and salsa?

#21 Old 09-18-2011, 08:41 PM

ive been eating 1400 calories or less and working out at least 2 hours everyday ...
the women on the biggest loser eat 1,100-1,200 and workout for about 8 hours

Quote:

#22 Old 09-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Veggie Regular

oh, my. 1,400 calories a day with 2 hour workouts? Your deficient is too large. Don't do this for too long, please, if you choose to continue. :/
#23 Old 09-18-2011, 08:58 PM

what is considered healthy ?
maybe only 1 hour ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny79 View Post

oh, my. 1,400 calories a day with 2 hour workouts? Your deficient is too large. Don't do this for too long, please, if you choose to continue. :/

#24 Old 09-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Veggie Regular

half hour to hour and a half but get enough calories to sustain your basic bodily functions.....

and at least one rest day per week.
#25 Old 09-18-2011, 09:04 PM

thank you for the advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny79 View Post

half hour to hour and a half but get enough calories to sustain your basic bodily functions.....

and at least one rest day per week.

#26 Old 09-21-2011, 09:48 AM

Gingerfoxx is right. You will need to make it balance so your diet can support both losing weight and losing energy.
#27 Old 09-21-2011, 06:07 PM

ive added 2 serving of grain and gained 2 pounds
1 cup of brown rice *

#28 Old 09-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Dont worry too much about that. It is important your body isnt starving and is getting proper nutrition to build muscle.
#29 Old 09-26-2011, 12:13 AM

nice post
you have shared nice information;
insta sculpt
#30 Old 09-26-2011, 11:06 PM
Veggie Regular

does that mean 2 servings of 1 cup of brown rice each? Wasn't sure what your two servings were of, or if the 1 cup was both of the two servings? I would say you'd need more than a full cup of rice per day, (I only eat a half cup myself), but I'm not sure if you can blame a 2# weight gain on that.

Don't forget your weight can fluctuate with your cycle, hormone levels, food/fluid intake/output, and your bowel movements.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page