August Weight Loss Challenge - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-01-2010, 02:28 AM
Beginner

Another month already, goodness.

Post your goals and targets, how it's going, and advice for others.

Me: Jasmine

Height: 5ft9

Bust: 36

Waist: 26

Hips: 38

Thigh: 23

Goal Weight Loss: 17-21 lbs

Weight Loss So Far: 7 lbs (Only started properly 17 days ago, so I think that's a reasonable loss)

Weight Loss To Go: 10-14 lbs. (Hopefully be able to do that this month)

- Eat healthier.

- No Chocolate, ice-cream, crisps and crap.

- Lots of fruit and vegetables and things.

- Lose 2 inches on each part of me.

I will weigh in and measure on Saturday.

Can a moderator sticky this please.

Good Luck Everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-01-2010, 03:47 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm in!

Height: 5'6"

Starting weight: 13st 1lb

Weight at last check: 10st 12lbs

Current loss: 31lbs

Measurements: 38/30/43 (Bust/Waist/Hip)

Overall goal: 9st 11lbs - 15lbs to go

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 08-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Height: 6'

Starting weight: 221 (February 27)

Current weight: 189

Dress size: 12/14 (started at 18)

Waist: 34.5" (started at 40.5")

Hips: 40" (started at 45.5")

Bust: 33" (started at 41.5")

Arms: 10.5" (started at 12")

Thighs: 19" (started at 24.5")

August Goals:

1. Half Marathon Training

-3-4 walks per week

-1 mileage building walk every 2 weeks

2. Curves

-Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays

3. Follow Weight Watchers

-stay on points

-attend meetings and weigh in on Saturdays

-do not measure until the end of the month

4. Enjoy life!

The opposite of war isn't peace. It's creation!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Height: 5'3

Starting weight: 173 lb/12 stone 5 lb (started April, but was away from the gym due to an injury and went on vacation)

Current weight: 159 lb / 11 stone 5 lb

Dress size: 14/16 (was around 18, or big 16)

Waist: 36"

Hips: 41"

Bust: 39.5"

Arms: 13"

Thighs: 25"

I'm nowhere near where I wanted to be at this time (granted the injury left me outta action for weeks).

Goal before Christmas: 140 lbs / 10 stone and hopefully a size 12

Over all goal: Good physical fitness, toned arms, sharp mind

Goal for August:

- 5lb weight loss

- To start spin classes

- Increase cardio fitness

- Start weights
#5 Old 08-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Height: 5'7

Weight: 195

This month I really want to try to keep the fat down in my diet. I want to stay around 25% or less of my calories coming from fat. We'll see how that goes, haha. I also need to get off my bum and start exercising.

Not sure how to quote from a separate thread but Heather in response to the work out videos I actually have 30 Day Shred and I love it so much but I have been so lazy about doing it. For a while I was doing it every other day and could really feel a difference, then for some reason I just stopped. I have a gym by me that is only $10 a month and a $5 join fee so I'm seriously considering doing that. It's so cheap and I think once I got going I'd actually be there all the time. We'll see!

--Kate
Life is around you and in you.
#6 Old 08-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Puca, I hate what a wrench injury can throw in your plans. Make sure you are taking care of your body!

The opposite of war isn't peace. It's creation!
#7 Old 08-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Height: 5'9"

Highest Weight: 178 lbs

Current Weight: 141.2 lbs

End of Month Goal: 130 lbs

Final Goal: 120-125 lbs

Trying to eat less processed food this month.
#8 Old 08-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Height: 5'6"

Chest/waist/hips: 32/28/37

I would like to loose two inches in my waist and hips and 7 pounds this month.
#9 Old 08-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Beginner

Height: 5'8"

Highest Weight: 270

Current Weight: 200

1st Goal Weight: 190- by September 1st 2010 (ideal)

2nd Goal Weight: 160 - by January 1st 2011 (ideal)

Long-term Goal Weight: 135 - by March 21st 2011 (ideal)

Goal for August:

From 200 to 190 (ideal)

Run 1/2 mile without having to stop

I am still too fat to come up with ideal measurements for my body type and bone structure. Maybe later.

Goal weights have to do with BMI. 1st goal weight is transition from obese to overweight, second is transition from overweight to normal weight, 3rd is a BMI of 20-21 which is associated with highest longevity and best health. The plan is a loss of 10lb/mo or 2.5lb/week. I'd love that. I am trying to heal myself, so those are ideal goals if my body heals relatively quickly with diet change etc. But my body can go much slower due to hypothyroid, and I just have to accept that. It could go 1/4 as fast as I want. I am considering going raw completely for this, there are so many compelling stories. I want to read more though, first. I haven't eaten processed, junk or convenience food in a long time, so that's not an issue.

- High raw / All raw

- Exercise 1 hour every day (joined a gym for that, started 2 weeks ago)

- 1/2 hour cardio

- 1/2 hour resistance

- 1 tabata to finish 2-3x/week

- Clean the house top to bottom and keep it that way (good mild exercise there, hah)
#10 Old 08-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Current: 5'4 / 123.4 / 34-27-35 (Thighs: 21 and 20, Arms: 12)

Goal: 6'1 / 117 / 34-26-34 (Thighs: Both 20 or 19, Arms: 11)

I'm definitely feeling a difference in my body with the workouts I've been doing, but I want to see numbers change this month. I worked out so hard last month, I'm incredibly bummed that nothing has changed at all.

Paperfantasy - That is a great deal! I stopped doing 30 Day Shred because I got bored of it, No More Trouble Zones has more variety.
#11 Old 08-01-2010, 05:28 PM

Weighed in at 114.4 exactly today! Have been having detox tea and oats with soy milk/oat milk for breakfast so maybe that's helping move everything through LOL

Me: Mel

Height: 5ft4

Goal Weight Loss: 8 lbs

Weight Loss So Far: 3.5 lbs

Weight Loss To Go: 4.5 lbs

(Goal weight 110)

Going to manage my time better so that I can walk to the train station and work instead of driving. It's a 10-15 (or 20-30 min return) walk on an incline so I'm sure it will do me a lot of good. Usually walk 75% of the time, aiming for 100%! (Save petrol too!)

P.S. Let me know if you can't understand some of the words I'm using (I'm Aussie!)
#12 Old 08-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Ok I am in yet again!!

Height: 5'1"

Weight: 123 lbs

Goal: 110 lbs

I have to try to be active consistently but the Florida heat is killing me. I have no set weight loss goal for the month but would like to at least see a drop in a pound or two.

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#13 Old 08-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Veggie Regular

I forgot to put my goal weight for the end of August. I'd like to end up around 185 in a perfect world, but in a realistic world I just want to get under 190. Only 25% of my calories came from fat today, woohoo!

--Kate
Life is around you and in you.
#14 Old 08-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Beginner

6'3"

starting weight 290 lbs

current weight 235 lbs

goal for end of august 220-225 lbs

overall goal 185-200lbs
#15 Old 08-02-2010, 01:02 PM

okay i'm down for this!

5'2"

starting weight 135 lbs

current weight 119 lbs

goal for end of august 114/115 lbs

overall goal 104-109lbs

Season your lamb with pepper, salt . . . So put it into your coffin.
(The 1750 Complete Housewive)
#16 Old 08-04-2010, 07:08 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm in! I can't measure myself right now but I'm the fattest I've ever been in my entire life, since I spent a whole year being sedentary and eating not right.

My actual weight: 190lbs
My goal weight for August: 180lbs
My goal weight (for the year): 120lbs (yes 70lbs)
My height: 5'3 (I'm too short to be that heavy)

My biggest problem is eating at nigth. Any tips for that?

Vegards,
Yen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
http://www.facebook.yenhowell.com

Twitter: @yenhowell
#17 Old 08-04-2010, 07:21 AM
Veggie Regular

I printed out a calender of August with exercises that I wanted to do each day (taking Sun and Thurs off). I'm much more likely to do it this way since I can cross it off as I do it (I feel like I'm accomplishing something). Diet wise, the last few days have sucked, but I'm getting back on board soon. The pizza I ordered from Papa John's is gone and The Spinach-Artichoke dip I made (with cream cheese) is about halfway gone. I made cupcakes last night though Half dozen.

Yesterday I stepped on the scale and was very mad to see I was up to 125 again (which made no sense considering how flat my stomach looked). I'm still on my period, that's probably it.
#18 Old 08-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I printed out a calender of August with exercises that I wanted to do each day (taking Sun and Thurs off). I'm much more likely to do it this way since I can cross it off as I do it (I feel like I'm accomplishing something). Diet wise, the last few days have sucked, but I'm getting back on board soon. The pizza I ordered from Papa John's is gone and The Spinach-Artichoke dip I made (with cream cheese) is about halfway gone. I made cupcakes last night though Half dozen.

Yesterday I stepped on the scale and was very mad to see I was up to 125 again (which made no sense considering how flat my stomach looked). I'm still on my period, that's probably it.

I do that too and it really helped for July. I have my exercises all planned out for August too and I find it really helps me stay motivated because I won't cross off a day until I do that exercise.

I'm reducing my calories by 100 each day this week to help balance out my miserable diet last week. I'm very unhappy with my scale right now
#19 Old 08-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Veggie Regular

I had my exercises planned out before (on a Works document), but keeping a paper copy on the fridge and crossing off the exercises as I go is motivating I love the feeling of getting stuff done.

#20 Old 08-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Veggie Regular

I am gonna get off my lazy bum and go for a bike ride if it stops raining.

And I've decided that next week will be a raw vegan week. That gives me a few days to prepare for it. Hopefully it'll do the diet some good.

#21 Old 08-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Veggie Regular

I want to go on a bike ride with you! Can I come too?
#22 Old 08-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

I am gonna get off my lazy bum and go for a bike ride if it stops raining.

And I've decided that next week will be a raw vegan week. That gives me a few days to prepare for it. Hopefully it'll do the diet some good.

I'm up for raw vegan next week... Can we share our meals menus here, AeryFairy???

Vegards,
Yen

#23 Old 08-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Veggie Regular

I should start posting in these threads for motivation.

As for my goals:

Current Weight: about 132
Ideal weight: 125 or lower

Though I'm not trying to focus on the number of pounds, because I don't have very much muscle. I want to build muscle and lose fat, which, I suppose, could end make me actually gain pounds. I was going to the gym every other day, and then I took a week off to visit the boyfriend. After returning, I went to the gym twice last week and (including todays future visit) twice this week. Since last week, I've bee having this weird tightening feeling in my throat when my workout gets to vigorous, so I'm trying to take it a little easy and just use the stationary bike instead of the elliptical. If it continues, I'll probably go see a doctor about it, as it's really weird.

I've also been tracking my calories on Sparkpeople, and unfortunately going over my desired intake for the last few days. It's summer, I'm newly 21--alcohol is a major stumbling block for me. I try to avoid drinking my calories in soda, but I just can't say no to wine.
#24 Old 08-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I want to go on a bike ride with you! Can I come too?

Of course You just need to get to the New Forest :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhowell View Post

I'm up for raw vegan next week... Can we share our meals menus here, AeryFairy???

Absolutely, it'd be nice to have someone to do this with as I'm kind of nervous that I'll slip up, or that people are gonna think it's weird :P. I'm thinking home-made smoothies for breakfast, salad for lunch (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, sweetcorn, carrot, raw veggies for dinner and plenty of fresh fruit for snacking on. I'm also gonna try some blended avocado (hopefully it'll mimic guacamole, my current big addiction :P) to have with some carrot and cucumber sticks, and any other things like that which I can think of. And I know it's not strictly raw, but I'm probably gonna eat nuts and seeds too because I can't see myself eating enough to get my calories, I'll just see how that goes. Drinks will be water and fresh-pressed juice.

#25 Old 08-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Veggie Regular

... and buy a bike
#26 Old 08-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Me: River ^.^

Height: 5'3

Bust: 32

Goal Weight Loss: 10lbs

Weight Loss So Far: Complicated, a long long while ago I lost 120lbs, but I gained 10 of it back this last month, and now it needs to come off. But, I have already gotten one of the 10lbs back off ^.^

Weight Loss To Go: 9lbs

I'm a fitness nut, so I really dont need/want to push myself further there, I just need to lay off the junk food.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#27 Old 08-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to the thread River!!

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#28 Old 08-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

^.^ Thanks Chryssie

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#29 Old 08-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

... and buy a bike

That too :P

Welcome River

#30 Old 08-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

Of course You just need to get to the New Forest :P

Absolutely, it'd be nice to have someone to do this with as I'm kind of nervous that I'll slip up, or that people are gonna think it's weird :P. I'm thinking home-made smoothies for breakfast, salad for lunch (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, sweetcorn, carrot, raw veggies for dinner and plenty of fresh fruit for snacking on. I'm also gonna try some blended avocado (hopefully it'll mimic guacamole, my current big addiction :P) to have with some carrot and cucumber sticks, and any other things like that which I can think of. And I know it's not strictly raw, but I'm probably gonna eat nuts and seeds too because I can't see myself eating enough to get my calories, I'll just see how that goes. Drinks will be water and fresh-pressed juice.

Wooohooo..! Smoothies... I like that for breakfast... I have a question... is steamed rice raw? I mean, I know it's not raw-raw, but it'll be cook slowly, very slowly...

Vegards,
Yen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page