June Weight Loss Challenge - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-31-2010, 10:42 PM
Veggie Regular

(Can a mod please sticky this?)

It's already halfway through June 1st here, so since I'm kind of addicted to this thread I'm starting it!

It's finally summer for most of us - in fact, summer started yesterday for me. Hopefully we can all avoid a bit of June gloom this year!

Here's your place to share your fitness/weight loss/etc goals for June.

Newcomers are welcome as well, so please join in if you want! And you can join in late, too, no worries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-31-2010, 10:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Starting place:

Waist: 29.5", thighs: 22/75", hips: 39.25", and arms: 11.25"

Weight: 131.5

Goals for the month:

Lost a quarter inch each on my waist, thighs, hips and arms

Minimum 6c water per day

Some form of exercise 5 times per week

Bike to school at least twice a week, unless the rainy season restarts...

8-10 servings of fruits (including non-sweet like cucumbers and tomatoes) per day

Soy-based protein 4x max per week

No weight goal, but I'm still tracking it.

Good luck everyone!

I'm looking forward to a fabulous month. Winter *finally* ended yesterday, and I'm getting some serious emotional issues resolved. Plus that 7-day raw challenge helped me lose 4.5 pounds in a week last month! That's more than I had lost in the past year.

Got in 2 of my exercises already - a walk yesterday morning, and a walk/jog this morning. I GOT UP ON TIME! Hahaha. Also knocked off two of my 4 soy days... oops. And today have had only 3 servings of fruits so far (breakfast/lunch), so I'll have to eat lots for dinner. Planning on a raw dinner anyway.
#3 Old 06-01-2010, 05:00 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't know my exact weight, but last time I checked I was dead on 11st, so I'll assume it's that. And my measurements are 36"/29"/39".

I'm not so bothered about the inches, although I'd like them to come off the hips and thighs more than anywhere else. And my overall goal is 9st 11lbs, so I have 17lbs to go, and I'd like to lose 5 of those pounds this month. Slow and steady, so the weight is more likely to stay off

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-01-2010, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

It's a new month, can't wait to start up again! I forgot to weigh in this morning, I'll do that tomorrow and take measurements then too.
#5 Old 06-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm in as usual! I think I weigh around 120 as I have weighed the same for it seems like forever. But my own fault for being so lazy! I would like to break through this 120 barrier this month; even a 2 pound loss would be good if I would not fluctuate above 120! The weather is getting hot and I can't stand to be out in the heat so I have to figure something else out for my exercise. My goals never change; control portions, less sweets, more exercise. My motivation has been low for a while.... somebody kick my butt!!

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#6 Old 06-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Height: 6'

Starting weight: 221

Current weight: 193

Dress size: 14 (started at 18)

Waist: 36" (started at 40.5")

Hips: 43" (started at 45.5")

Bust: 36" (down from 41.5")

Arms: 11" (down from 12")

Thighs: 21" (down from 24.5")

Goals:

1. Continue C210K every other day

2. Stay hydrated - 100% of water goal every day

3. Exercise video on my non run days

4. Use no more than 5 of my weekly points per week

5. I'm not setting a weight goal for June. Just going to continue the downward trend!

I've been at this since Februsary 27. As you can see, I've made some pretty great progress. Slow and steady wins the race!

The opposite of war isn't peace. It's creation!
#7 Old 06-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Congrats to everyone on ending May on good notes! Even if you didn't, it's okay. New month, new week, new day. Can't believe it's already June...

Starting weight: 220

Starting weight for June: 196

My biggest goal for June is to really commit to exercising. I have trouble with this, I bounce back and forth with keeping it up. So this month I'd really like it if I could really keep it up consistently. I'd like to do 30 Day Shred about 4/5 times a week and yoga 3/4 times a week. Hopefully I can stick to this! As for weight loss I'd like to keep it on average of 2/3 pounds a week.

I've been thinking about joining the gym...it's pretty cheap. Ten bucks a month. Does anyone else feel...awkward at the gym though? I always feel like everyone is staring at me so I shy away from going.

--Kate
Life is around you and in you.
#8 Old 06-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperfantasy View Post

Congrats to everyone on ending May on good notes! Even if you didn't, it's okay. New month, new week, new day. Can't believe it's already June...

Starting weight: 220

Starting weight for June: 196

My biggest goal for June is to really commit to exercising. I have trouble with this, I bounce back and forth with keeping it up. So this month I'd really like it if I could really keep it up consistently. I'd like to do 30 Day Shred about 4/5 times a week and yoga 3/4 times a week. Hopefully I can stick to this! As for weight loss I'd like to keep it on average of 2/3 pounds a week.

I've been thinking about joining the gym...it's pretty cheap. Ten bucks a month. Does anyone else feel...awkward at the gym though? I always feel like everyone is staring at me so I shy away from going.

I really liked the gym when I was going. I can't afford it right now and had to quit. There were plenty of people there that were not in perfect shape! Whole point of a gym right? I didn't feel awkward as we are all on the same journey!! I think everybody there thinks everybody else is staring at them.

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#9 Old 06-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryssiie718 View Post

My motivation has been low for a while.... somebody kick my butt!!

Kick kick kick kick kick!
#10 Old 06-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I found a gym that I loved where I was living over the summer, but we had to move out of our beautiful house and lovely neighbourhood It was a little place, women only, just some hydraulic machines, one treadmill, one bike, one cross trainer, a few ab-kings, some hula hoops, a few weights and a couple of excersise balls. Mostly everyone that worked or attended was at least middle-aged, and I never felt particularly out of shape or stared at. Everyone was just so friendly, it was more a social thing. I've yet to find anything like that at uni, though, so I do other forms of excersise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#11 Old 06-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarita Osita View Post

Kick kick kick kick kick!

Thank you!!!

jumps up and dances around the room

#12 Old 06-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Banned

Right... just saw this thread in the New Posts section so decided to weigh myself for the first time in a year (I have a scales phobia!). Well I'm feeling rather shocked right now. I knew I put on weight but didn't realise how much!

So anyhoo, I need some advice. What is a realistic time goal (roughly) to lose 6st (84lb)? Also, what is a realistic weight goal for 6 weeks?

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Thanks

EDIT: I haven't put on 6st in a year. About 2st actually but I've been overweight for years)
#13 Old 06-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Veggie Regular

^^ There ya go!

I'm so proud of myself again! I got up and went jogging for the third day in a row! Well, technically Monday was just walking, but still. Plus I practiced basketball (just shooting, though) with my students yesterday. And I'm about to make myself a lovely banana, strawberry, chia, and spinach smoothie, and head off to work. I've got another elementary school today, so I'll be on my feet more than usual, and probably get a bit of sunshine and exercise during recess.

I'm so glad it's June! This is gonna be the best month ever.
#14 Old 06-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idhreneth View Post

Right... just saw this thread in the New Posts section so decided to weigh myself for the first time in a year (I have a scales phobia!). Well I'm feeling rather shocked right now. I knew I put on weight but didn't realise how much!

So anyhoo, I need some advice. What is a realistic time goal (roughly) to lose 6st (84lb)? Also, what is a realistic weight goal for 6 weeks?

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Thanks

EDIT: I haven't put on 6st in a year. About 2st actually but I've been overweight for years)

The recommended safe and effective weight loss is a pound or two a week. Slow and steady and it will stay off. Some people do better than others.

#15 Old 06-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Veggie Regular

June Start Weight: 153 lbs

Goal: Lose 7 lbs

Return to running 4x a week

Cycle 3x a week
#16 Old 06-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Veggie Regular

My results are in!!!!!

HDL: 49 (up from 32)

LDL: 43 (down from 58)

Triglycerides: 71 (down from 150)

hA1C: 5.5 (down from 7.1)

Total Cholestoral: 101 (down from 125)

I actually "WOO-HOO"ed into the phone and gave the nurse quite a chuckle. So today it is official. I get to drop 2 of my 6 medications that I take on a daily basis. If things continue to trend in this direction, I may actually be able to cut back on some of my diabetes meds.

I'm so happy that there just aren't words to even describe it!

You can take control of your health!

#17 Old 06-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

That is WONDERFUL!!!
#18 Old 06-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah!! Congratulations, mrsschu2u!!
#19 Old 06-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Veggie Regular

There are sooo many cute clothes I can't wait to wear. Gosh, it's only day one
#20 Old 06-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

May 1st:

Quote:
Goal: 117 pounds

Currently: 122 pounds

Measurements: Same as the last 2 months, even though I've worked out

Well, didn't hit my goal, but I am at about 121.6. I'm not really going to diet this month, just do 30 Day Shred 3-4 times a week. Lots of weight lifting too.

I'm not going to lie, I have no idea how I've managed to keep that pound off that I dropped. I have been eating SO much cheesecake and chocolate malts from Sonic. I have been eating terribly and feeling blah. Going to eat better now, starting to cook at home again. Not having a microwave is really discouraging me from cooking. I didn't realize how much I used it for cooking.
#21 Old 06-02-2010, 11:08 AM

Hey guys, I know I sort of disappeared from here for a couple months. I haven't been discouraged, just very very busy. But I've now finished and graduated from college and moved from Boston to Los Angeles, got two internships and am on the prowl for a more permanent apartment.

I did join SparkPeople last month on the 9th, you can like track food and exercise and stuff like that so it's been rather helpful. I haven't been the greatest at tracking my food, but between the 9th and the 31st I dropped 10 pounds, so that's encouraging.

My goals for June are as follows:

-Work out 15 times throughout the month (every other day) I know I need to do every day at some point, but getting my butt going 15 days of the month is a good start.

-Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day (they do track this on SparkPeople too which is nice)

-At least 5 of those workout days should be in the gym (we have two on the complex I'm staying in-but ugh LA has SOOO many thin people)

-Lose 10 pounds (I know it's not the healthiest to lose more than 2 pounds/week, but I lost 10 pounds in 21 days last month and I do have a lot to lose, so I'm stickin with it)
#22 Old 06-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I have an unexpected day off today, so I'm going to hit the pavement and do W3 D3 of my couch to 10k. It's a 57 minute walk/run and I'll be running 15 minutes of it. It's not quite as hot out today, so it should go well.

Welcome back, thewriteidea! I think that it is amazing that you have registed a loss with such big stressors! Keep up the great work!

#23 Old 06-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsschu2u View Post

My results are in!!!!!

HDL: 49 (up from 32)

LDL: 43 (down from 58)

Triglycerides: 71 (down from 150)

hA1C: 5.5 (down from 7.1)

Total Cholestoral: 101 (down from 125)

I actually "WOO-HOO"ed into the phone and gave the nurse quite a chuckle. So today it is official. I get to drop 2 of my 6 medications that I take on a daily basis. If things continue to trend in this direction, I may actually be able to cut back on some of my diabetes meds.

I'm so happy that there just aren't words to even describe it!

You can take control of your health!

That's great!! YAY!

#24 Old 06-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

May 1st:

Well, didn't hit my goal, but I am at about 121.6. I'm not really going to diet this month, just do 30 Day Shred 3-4 times a week. Lots of weight lifting too.

I'm not going to lie, I have no idea how I've managed to keep that pound off that I dropped. I have been eating SO much cheesecake and chocolate malts from Sonic. I have been eating terribly and feeling blah. Going to eat better now, starting to cook at home again. Not having a microwave is really discouraging me from cooking. I didn't realize how much I used it for cooking.

My microwave broke over 6 months ago and I still haven't replaced it. I used it far too much and who knows what the radiation was doing to me and my food. Try to embrace not having one. You never know, you might get a welcome surprise!
#25 Old 06-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday I got a run in and ran a bunch of errands by bike rather than stealing my husbands car. I just moved and I'm having fun finding all the bike and walking paths in the area! I'd looooove to go for a quick bike ride now, but sadly I'm waiting for the repair man to show up and look at our washer Afterwards though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobeVegChick View Post

My microwave broke over 6 months ago and I still haven't replaced it. I used it far too much and who knows what the radiation was doing to me and my food. Try to embrace not having one. You never know, you might get a welcome surprise!

We didn't have a microwave at our last place and had too little counter space to make it worth buying. We were without one for 3 years! We just moved and have yet to touch the one here. I prefer to cook/heat things up without it!
#26 Old 06-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Beginner

I'm not actually sure how much I weigh at the moment as I don't want to get on the scales. But I've been dieting and exercising for 3 days straight now with no bad food (chocolate, biscuits, ice cream, cake, etc.) what so ever. Which doesn't sound like a lot but is really good for me as I have the sweetest tooth ever. I've been drinking a slim fast milkshake for breakfast, one for lunch, an apple for afternoon snack, a smaller dinner than I would normally eat, and an Activia fat free yoghurt for dessert (which reminds me, I'm due one now , no bread, cheese, crisps, cake, biscuits, ice cream etc. I'm quite proud of myself so far. I will weigh myself on saturday and decide then whether I want to post my weight as I'm quite embarassed of it at the moment. I want to be 133lbs or less by 12th June and around 128lbs by 18th June so hopefully this all goes well.
#27 Old 06-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobeVegChick View Post

Some of us like our radiation with our food, thank you very much! I typically didn't cook much in the microwave, I mostly used it to heat up water for tea (drinking less tea now) and thawing things like veggie patties and sausage. Not having one sucks bad. Reheating something like lentil loaf takes 30 minutes in the oven instead of 3 minutes in the microwave. We don't always have time for that. I'm just waiting for the microwave I want to go on sale.
#28 Old 06-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewriteidea View Post

Hey guys, I know I sort of disappeared from here for a couple months. I haven't been discouraged, just very very busy. But I've now finished and graduated from college and moved from Boston to Los Angeles, got two internships and am on the prowl for a more permanent apartment.

I did join SparkPeople last month on the 9th, you can like track food and exercise and stuff like that so it's been rather helpful. I haven't been the greatest at tracking my food, but between the 9th and the 31st I dropped 10 pounds, so that's encouraging.

Congratulations on both the graduation and the 10 lbs!

I don't have to be at my elementary school today until 10:30. So I'm not going into my regular one beforehand. My supervisor knows perfectly well I don't come in before, even if I start late at my visiting school. I take it as a late morning to make up for the extra energy I'll need for the 7 year olds. I always go back in after - I never go home early. So I think I'm good.

Because of that, I woke up on time (moving it back 5 mins per day, so today was 5:45!), but it's 6:40 and I still haven't gone out for my jog yet. Hung up some laundry from last night, and gonna go in a few mins. I have 2.5 extra hours this morning, and I'm gonna enjoy them slowly! But I'm awfully sore, so I think the job may end up being more of a limp.
#29 Old 06-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, here I am. I haven't been doing so great the last two weeks, but I weighed in at WW last night and I'm ready to start fresh. New month=new start. I'm sooooo glad to be here with all of you inspiring people.

Laura
#30 Old 06-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Good for you, Raven! A new start can begin at any time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page