Thermojet or pressotherapy to lose weight? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jeneticallymodified

#1 Old 04-15-2010, 03:54 AM

I´m trying to lose some weight and I read about Thermojet or Pressotherapy sessions. Could anyone give me some advice about these? Do you think they´re bad for our health? And the big question is: do you think they work? They cost quite a lot of money so I wouldn´t want to waste my savings into something that doesn´t work.

I know that everyone says that the best thing to lose weight is to eat healthy and to do exercise but I need to lose weight before my wedding next July and I´m starting to feel frustrated and a bit stressed...

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-15-2010, 04:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Thermojet is a new treatment process that is compatible with your Synergie treatments. It is the fat burning process which is activated by the increased body temperature and metabolic rate. The increased thermolipolytic action of the infrared works from the deep fat layers to the superficial tissue layers (dermis). The combination process is what doctors are saying is WHAT works with cellulite delight areas.

http://www.ultimatecellulitesolution.com/thermojet.htm

I wouldn't want to do this.

Quote:
The benefits of Pressotherapy

Improves circulation and venous problems (ex. varicose and spider veins)

Reduces bloating and swelling

Improves skin oxygenation

Relaxes the legs

Improves skin tone and firmness

Shapes the legs and reduces cellulite

http://www.get-great-legs.com/pressotherapy.html

This doesn't sound too appealing either.

You want to know my opinion? Hehe. Take the money it would cost to do one of these ridiculous treatments and buy some majorly kickass jogging gear. Awesome comfy shoes, clothes that feel good to be in. I recommend eating healthy and jogging. The problem is some people hate jogging or are really lazy, which i don't understand because it feels so liberating. If you'd rather use cardio machines, maybe spend the money of the treatments for a gym membership? You can also spend some of the money you would have spent on the treatments towards some really healthy raw foods you wouldn't normally buy because they are pricey, or just buy more of the healthy foods you usually buy.

To be honest, I think all of these treatments are gimmicks. You want to lose fat, feel sexy, look better? Eat right and get your blood flowing. it's the straight up master truth, nina. See how simple it is? we can't even believe it!

As for your wedding, is it July 2010? That's 2 1/2 months. Eat the right amount of cals and do 40-60 mins of cardio a day and I think you can realistically lose 22 lbs. or more. A healthy 1-2 pounds a week of fat, if you do it properly. If you do things naturally and take the time to do them you get amazing results.

If your wedding is July 2011, still do the healthy approach, you can lose over 50 lbs by July 2011.

Again, keep in mind that this is just my opinion

I have taken multiple nutrition and exercise training courses, so yes the old fashioned, hardworking way is true.
#3 Old 04-16-2010, 07:02 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't think those kinds of things will work. I know it sucks but exercise and healthy eating are the only proven ways to lose weight and keep it off as far as I know (at least the only ones that are good for you!).

You could try incorporating more raw foods into your diet, in addition to upping your exercising. Lots of fruit is very good for you, and you're not going to gain weight eating it, that's for sure (unless your main fruit is avocado...).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-22-2010, 02:04 PM

Thanks for your advice!!!
#5 Old 04-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm presuming your fiance loves you the way you are... so just relax and have a good wedding. I'm soft in several bits, and getting married in August, but instead of trying to kill myself to be "thin" on my wedding day, I picked a dress that is very flattering to my figure. There are enough things to stress about surrounding a wedding than trying to lose weight to fit into some ridiculous ideal of what a bride "should" look like.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#6 Old 04-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Veggie Regular

^^ That, too.
#7 Old 04-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Banned

yeah, this looks like this decades version of this:

[youtube]Pij33oHFyT0[/youtube]

.... only hopefully it doesn't make you grow a mullet.

seriously though- there are constantly new variations on classic weight loss systems, cos people are desperate to fit in with the current ideal version of perfection. if any of them actually worked, they'd be available mainstream and FDA approved. healthy eating and exercise are the way to go. or just accepting yourself as you are, and deciding to be happy.
11341johnson3 likes this.
#8 Old 04-23-2010, 06:24 AM

I loved the video! haha

I know what you mean guys. My boyfriend is actually against me doing any treatment like that, I must say he's amazing, he keeps telling me how much he likes my curves and that I should like myself for who I am rather than what I look like. To be honest, I'm not the kind of person crazy about losing weight, seriously. Although I admit that without 3-4 kilos I feel better and my trousers fit more comfortably (which I miss), what is really stressing me about my wedding is that some of my family keep asking me if I have started dieting already!!! My mum, sister, aunts, etc. have started losing weight, so I guess they assume that the bride should do the same in order to look beautiful. I've actually chosen a dress which makes me look very nice, but I feel that everyone is doing an effort to look nicer on that day except me, and this is stressing me soooo much, you can't imagine..

You're right (rabid_child) when you talk about the "ridiculous ideal of what a bride "should" look like". It's sadly like that... You know, I have an uncle (the one who will give me away in the wedding) who's a sportsman and he's always telling us (in a nice way) whether we've gained weight or whether we've lost it. Last time I saw him, he gave me that look... you know.. and told me "well, now you'll have to start dieting for the wedding, your aunt has already started...". I felt so frustrated!! I'm meeting him next June (a month before the wedding) and the last thing I want to hear is "oh, what happened to the diet? you haven't lost any weight", seriously, it's very disappointing!!!!

By the way rabid_child, congratulations on your wedding!!!!
#9 Old 12-06-2019, 10:47 PM

Smile Pressotherapy slimming is safe and effective way to lose weight

pressotherapy slimming provides a painless and safe detoxifying slimming treatment that accelerates blood circulation and lymph flow by air pressure massaging different body parts. The final result is body slimming and contouring, fat reduction, and toxin clearing, body relaxing. it is safe and painless basically. After air pressure slimming treatment, you may experience mild redness, but it will disappear gradually with few hours.
#10 Old 12-07-2019, 06:20 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackoZou View Post
pressotherapy slimming provides a painless and safe detoxifying slimming treatment that accelerates blood circulation and lymph flow by air pressure massaging different body parts. The final result is body slimming and contouring, fat reduction, and toxin clearing, body relaxing. it is safe and painless basically. After air pressure slimming treatment, you may experience mild redness, but it will disappear gradually with few hours.

Quackery.

Permanent weight loss can only be achieved by making permanent changes to your diet and/or physical activity.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page