The "I don't give a damn about the size of my arse" thread (no-dieters support thread - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Well, I don't. Who cares? What does it matter if you have a tiny flat, pancake arse or a giant big one that makes a hippo look small, or even something in between? I've been fat, and I've been skinny. Right now I'm middling and you know what? It doesn't matter to me. I don't own scales and most of my clothes are stretchy, so if I gain or lose 10 kilos I really don't notice more or give a stuff.

Surely I'm not the only one!

People who don't give a damn about the size of their arse, (or thighs or tummy or whatnot) REPRESENT!!!

Sure I might lose a year or two of my life by being a little too fat, but who cares? Would you rather live until 89 in a no-chocolate, no-chips misery or would you rather live until 87 living in a world of epicurean delights? That's an easy pick for me. Give me the food any time of a pair of skinny jeans that will be out of fashion next year.

This is a support thread for those who do not want to diet, those who do not care about the size of their arse or would rather eat a metric tonne of wonderful food than fit into skinny jeans. It is also for skinny minnies who don't don't give a damn if they don't have giant boobs and a J-Lo arse because they know there are more important things in life than Playboy curves. And finally, it is for people who know that weight goes up and down naturally and for people who know that know that there are more important things in life than weight and dieting.

This is a support thread. No, you can't come in and say "but you'd feel better if you weighed less, dieted etc". This is a support thread for people who don't diet and don't intend to.

C'mon, I'm not the only non-dieter on VB, am I?

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Veggie Regular

I fully support no dieting and eating as many calories of healthy foods as I want!! Great thread!
#3 Old 12-13-2009, 06:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't diet, either. I kinda struggled with my weight as a teen, but I have learned to love myself how I am, as cliché as that sounds. I'm lucky, I've always been on the thinner side, but I know I will never be a size two. And that's ok, despite what my mom says.

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Beginner

I'm here in support of all your arses.
#5 Old 12-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolyjumpers View Post

I'm here in support of all your arses.

i hope you bought scaffolding.
#6 Old 12-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Veggie Regular

#7 Old 12-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in! Granted, I'm only 23, but I have friends who diet and it ANNOYS THE CRAP OUT OF ME. I'm thinking "You're young, too young to start worrying about what you weigh-live life!".

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#8 Old 12-13-2009, 08:29 PM

I'm here!!

I have no ass, no boobs, pretty much no shape.

but I won't care! Theres more important things in life!!!!
#9 Old 12-13-2009, 08:29 PM

I agree that it is best to not obsess about what you eat, but you can try to moderate what you eat too....orlistat might help too, but I'm not sure if I've lost any weight with it.

I would just like to be able to walk more that 2miles again without my feet feeling like they are on fire.....but still actual "dieting" just leads to yo-yo weight loss, and gain....trying stick to meals, or whatever, or being a bit less crisps-every-5-minutes, is a good idea.

#10 Old 12-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in the same boat as you Chelsea. Although, my boyfriend seems to think I only weigh 90 pounds (not true, I'm in the 100 range!). He's constantly feeding me, but it taste sooo good. I leave him alone in the kitchen, unless he's teaching me something.

#11 Old 12-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobbenstein View Post

orlistat might help too, but I'm not sure if I've lost any weight with it.

I don't think the OP wanted this thread to be about taking drugs or chemicals to try to lose weight.
#12 Old 12-13-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny79 View Post

I don't think the OP wanted this thread to be about taking drugs or chemicals to try to lose weight.

Exactly!
#13 Old 12-13-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny79 View Post

should I not have mentioned it then?

#14 Old 12-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Veggie Regular

No, but now you know.

#15 Old 12-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Veggie Regular

I think it'd be cool if it was removed, as well as our responses, if the OP wants to.

I'm not going to say what you should or shouldn't do.....or have done. But the OP's request could have been respected.
#16 Old 12-13-2009, 09:09 PM

well, the point of the thread was for posts in support of NOT dieting or stressing about body image, so replies talking about ways to lose weight are probably inappropriate for this thread.
#17 Old 12-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

I hope you bought scaffolding. :d

rofl!
#18 Old 12-13-2009, 10:47 PM

the mods can remove my post, I don't mind.

I just didn't want to be labeled as a "dieter" just because I have a serious weight problem.....I'm not concerned about the size of my ass.

#19 Old 12-14-2009, 05:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Yes! I love this thread. Food is good. Eating is fun. Bodies are nice. Bodies that eat food and have fun are fabulous.

I think the "no dieting" clause in the OP should be interpreted as "no weight loss, talk, period, even if you don't call it dieting."
#20 Old 12-14-2009, 05:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I am offiicially in the "no dieting" corner for the holidays. Diets suck at Christmastime.

I will make up for it in January like a sane person.
#21 Old 12-14-2009, 06:36 AM
Veggie Regular

I was anti diet for most of my 30s and I honestly didn't care at all what size my bootie got. I was far too busy w/ kids and my back was so bad I could do almost nothing. Oddly enough, I started taekwondo classes just to help my son and accidently got my bootie back in shape w/o dieting...well...I became a veggie, but don't concider that a diet. So, I don't know that I care what shape my booties is but it is in better shape than it's been in, in a very long time.
#22 Old 12-14-2009, 08:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellye View Post

I am offiicially in the "no dieting" corner for the holidays. Diets suck at Christmastime.

I will make up for it in January like a sane person.

Or, you could be like me, and say you will make up for it in January, but when January comes and you still have enough stuff to make another batch of Christmas cookies, say screw it. Cookies are too good to pass up.

#23 Old 12-14-2009, 08:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Or, you could be like me, and say you will make up for it in January, but when January comes and you still have enough stuff to make another batch of Christmas cookies, say screw it. Cookies are too good to pass up.

We'll burn those bridges when we get there. January is a leftovers month for me, and the leftovers are usually amaaaaaaaaazing. Lol.
#24 Old 12-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

Totally agree! Plus, that's when all the good expensive Christmas goodies goes on sale!

#25 Old 12-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Banned

Big arsed non dieter checking in

Food is tasty.

Maths is the least fun thing in the world (except dieting).

Ergo: dieting is rubbish
#26 Old 12-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Is anyone else trying to follow intuitive eating? It's where you give yourself permission to eat exactly what you want, whenever you want it. It's a lot more difficult than it sounds, because you basically have to re-train yourself to eat when you're hungry, as opposed to eating at pre-ordained "normal" times, and to stop when you're full, as opposed to eating everything in front of you just because it's there. The idea is that the longer you listen to your body, the more you'll realize that you shouldn't have to force it to eat mostly healthy foods, because that's what it wants anyway. But it's also about eating chocolate cake or chips or popcorn sometimes and not berating yourself for being "bad."
#27 Old 12-14-2009, 05:31 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Not that particular site or book, but yes, that's how I eat. I find myself craving things like fruit, green stuff, tofu, nuts. I eat when I am hungry and don't when I am not. Some days I eat a tonne, some days not at all, whatever. I find I don't crave things like chocolate much. Fat sometimes, but I've never done well on low fat diets. Sometimes, like at Christmas, I'll eat more crappy food because that is what is at people's houses, cake, chips, lemonade, etc, but it works out in the end. If find my weight does fluctuate seasonally but not too much and no longer strays too much out of the "health weight range" either way. It's taken a long while to get to listen to and understand my body, but I'm getting there. Sometimes it's also understanding that when your body says "give me chips, I need fat and salt!" that it will be equally satisfied with fatty avocado and salty vegemite on toast and, after a while, if you eat that way it will end up saying "give me avocado vegemite toast, I need fat and salt!" And the freedom to know that, sometimes, two extra giant slices of chocolate cake really is OK.

#28 Old 12-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I try to eat intuitively as well. The bf thinks I'm crazy when I say things like 'all I want is a big, green salad'. But other times, like tonight, I'll eat a plate of christmas cookies for dinner.

#29 Old 12-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

I really don't WANT to give a damn about the size of my arse anymore.

On a conscious level I totally agree with Kiz but it seems I have some subconscious insecurities to work through because I still somehow tie how much I weigh to my self worth in the back of my mind, it's disturbing because that disordered way of thinking makes me NORMAL and just like 90% of the other girls out there who grew up with the same media bombardment.

Fat or thin or in between, I don't think I know a single girl (or many guys for that matter) who is truly happy with her body and that's awful. I want to learn to love myself just the way I am now, not at some hypothetical point in the future when I've finally attained the 'perfect body' because that point never comes.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#30 Old 12-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

I'm not happy with my body or looks, I'll admit that. It's not an arse size/diet thing, though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page