December Weight Loss Challenge - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't see that anyone started our December thread yet so here it is!! What are your goals for this month?

Mine are the same as always: Eat healthy, watch the portions, keep going to the gym. I would like to lose 5 pounds by the first of the year.

Ok everyone else?

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey!

Starting point:

weight: 139 pounds

waist: 30.25 inches

hips: 40 inches

thighs: 23 inches

Goals: get to 136 pounds, get waist to 30". More water. Gym 3x per week.
#3 Old 12-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Baby Love

I want to get my good habits back (healthy eating and regular exercise) and fit into my size 4 pre-preggo pants. I'm still struggling for time, which is killing me.

Currently, I am ...

131 lbs

39" hips

28" waist

I feel other than needing a little toning I look fine, but not being able to wear my own clothes is still making me a bit crazy. The days I exercise I feel so great all day. It's just hard to wake up my baby to feed him, put him back to bed, then drag myself out to run in the dark. I keep reminding myself that I used to run early morning all the time, so I can do it again. I also know that healthy habits will make it easier to keep up with my son. I'm going to keep trying. My once a week runs are better than nothing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-03-2009, 01:46 AM

I am in too. I want to eat as healthy as possible and get the gym at least twice a week and I want to lose at least ten pounds as I have well over a hundred to lose so that is not much my first month. I have to work hard on getting my water in every day too !!
#5 Old 12-03-2009, 11:25 AM
CKR

Okay- so I was defeated by Thanksgiving-lol. I totally ate more than I should, and still seem to be in big eating mode now-lol. But, today I will start better. Don't know my goals yet- mainly I just want to get back on track.
#6 Old 12-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Veggie Regular

I have been faithfully going to the gym 5 or 6 days a week. I hope to see good results this month! I really hope to start getting a waist soon!

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#7 Old 12-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Banned

#8 Old 12-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Beginner

I love Christmas! Oh, cannot wait for the holidays to officially start once this semester is over with!
#9 Old 12-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Joining this thread a little late, I've had a lot going on. My bunny is sick and has been at the vet for 5 days Between that and the freezing weather, I haven't had any desire at all to exercise. Plus I just got over a 9 day period. Bleh.

Yesterday I started my official dieting/workout!
#10 Old 12-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Does anyone here have a subscription to Women's Health? It's my favorite magazine and the only subscription I'll pay for. They have workouts and diet tips (you have to pick through them since they include meat). This is the workout I did yesterday and my abs are very sore right now:

15 Minute Abs Workout
#11 Old 12-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Can I hop in w/ you guys? I did bad in November. I had made my all time low weight of 135 and that for some reason, caused to be celebrate all the way back up to 140. Back to 137 now and ready to get moving again. I don't lose weight fast but generally (other than last month) once it's gone, it usually stays gone. My Dec goal is realisticly 133...I'd love to see the 130 mark, but I don't think that one will happen.
#12 Old 12-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm in. I want to ride my bike consistently in the winter-time. I even got a new mountain bike so this will be possible during the crappy winter weather I also want to start in on a weight lifting routine.

I'd like to lose 5lbs this month.
#13 Old 12-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Today I went to the gym for my Friday workout which is abs and cardio. I increased the weight on my ab machines a bit and still was able to do them. I did a fast walk for 45 minutes on the treadmill. Hope to see a loss when I get on the scale in the morning!

Welcome to the club Treehugger!!

#14 Old 12-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Does anyone here have a subscription to Women's Health? It's my favorite magazine and the only subscription I'll pay for. They have workouts and diet tips (you have to pick through them since they include meat). This is the workout I did yesterday and my abs are very sore right now:

15 Minute Abs Workout

Oh, I haven't subscribed to that magazine. Maybe I'll look out for it when I'm in my library next time - which haha, won't be till mid-December, but hum, thanks for the suggestion about Women's Health Magazine.
#15 Old 12-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sharon View Post

Oh, I haven't subscribed to that magazine. Maybe I'll look out for it when I'm in my library next time - which haha, won't be till mid-December, but hum, thanks for the suggestion about Women's Health Magazine.

Hope you like it

We had a major weather change and my apartment was freezing, so I turned on the heater.... which made my allergies go nuts. I keep sneezing and coughing and of course, the 1 day my abs are sore. Me: *Achoooooo!* OW!
#16 Old 12-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Veggie Regular

I made 3 taekwondo classes this week and just got back from my boxercising class. Holy Mackeral! It was a tough one, it must have done some good. Now, if I can resist the pizza my hoodlums are having me order today...................
#17 Old 12-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Well weighed this morning and I am the same 120 as last week. It is ok though, I will not stress about it. I hope to get to the gym later today after the kids are picked up.

#18 Old 12-05-2009, 05:53 PM

Hi! I'm new, can I join you??? I am not going to kid myself into thinking I can lose much weight this month. But my goal is to do cardio 6 days per week - either running or workout videos. I cannot seem to get outside to run when it's below 30 out so probably mostly videos...
#19 Old 12-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi hippiegirl You are more than welcome to join in!
#20 Old 12-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treehugger267 View Post

I made 3 taekwondo classes this week and just got back from my boxercising class. Holy Mackeral! It was a tough one, it must have done some good. Now, if I can resist the pizza my hoodlums are having me order today...................

Did not resist the pizza...grrrr kid play date here today, not a good foodie day. blah
#21 Old 12-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Joining. Start: 120. End: 115 please.

The Vegan ABC's: East Meets West, VEGAN STYLE! A blog detailing the edibles in the life of an ABC (American-born Chinese) vegan.
http://theveganabc.blogspot.com/
#22 Old 12-06-2009, 01:06 AM
Veggie Regular

So I totally went off the health wagon in November. I also want to acknowledge looking back that the worse I ate the worse my depression seemed to get. I am seriously trying to kick depression's butt, so that should be a good motivator for this crazy month!!

Big YAY though! I've lost 2 pounds this week. I am now back to where I was one year ago, when I was burning mega calories waiting tables at a high-volume bar. Whoop!!!!! I do not really know what my weight-loss goals should be this month. As of this week, I am at 147. I would be gaga if I saw 144 before 2010, but I am not going to fret too much if I don't. December is a tougher month...my goals aren't so much numbers right now. For December, I hope to think before I eat. Splurge a little, but pick my splurges wisely. Eat slower. Eat more veggies. And try to have some control over my social life - suggest iceskating instead of dinner, that sort of thing.
#23 Old 12-06-2009, 04:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Started the month of December at 235.

I would like to be down to 227 for my VA checkup on Jan 11, 2010.

Sooooo, my goal is to lose about 6 pounds this month
#24 Old 12-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Veggie Regular

My goal is 15lbs by Jan 1.

I need to eat less nuts(fat), limit portions and cut down on snacking.

--
The Twilight Is My Robe
#25 Old 12-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Well, I am hoping that by joining your group I will finally get my groove back on.

This board has helped me maintain a vegetarian diet so I am hoping this thread will help me maintain healthy food choices.

I need to lose about 35 lbs total.

Goals:

Eat more veges.

30 minutes cardio every day.

Alternate upper and lower body workouts every day.

More water. Here I have be very careful. I have a medical disorder involving fluid imbalance and drinking large amounts of water can bring on problems. (Weird)

8 lbs by January 3rd (4 wks)

What is the best way to measure progress? I have two scales in my house; both can vary enough so that I am reluctant to rely on them for a weekly weigh in. They are usually off by a pound or two. An eight pound loss should be okay...they don't vary that much.
#26 Old 12-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm at 121 right now, my goal is to get to 119 or below. I did an ab workout 3 days ago and I'm STILL a bit sore. After I post this, I'm going to get up and torture myself again. The pain must mean it works! I've been very cautious about what I've been eating. With me, once I start eating, I have a hard time stopping. If I let myself stay hungry, I can control myself more. I know that sounds weird, but that's how it works. I'm thinking about taking a multi-vitamin soon, maybe that will help fill in nutritional gaps so I won't be as hungry all the time.

My goals:

-Cut back on artificial sweetener (using Stevia more, was using 2-3 Equals and Sweet-N-Lows each daily)

-Do my ab workout at least once a week

-Put my kickboxing moves to use

-Stretch (Pilates or just simple warm ups)

-When I go to Sonic, only get the Jr Candy Sundae (178 calories, 7g of fat, 22g of sugar... better than other desserts I typically eat)
#27 Old 12-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Veggie Regular

I am taking a break from the gym this weekend....I will be back at it tomorrow with my scheduled upper body strength, abs, and 30 minutes of cardio. I have been eating so-so.... too much stress right now and I don't really like to cook....

#28 Old 12-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Veggie Regular

I can't move, I'm sore. I worked out for about 20 minutes, all ab and arm workouts.
#29 Old 12-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Went running yesterday. Rode the bike around town earlier when I was running some errands. I plan on getting a "real" work out in later today!
#30 Old 12-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Done pretty poorly on food lately (ARGH stress! ) ... but I'm going to the gym after work today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconian View Post

My goal is 15lbs by Jan 1.

I need to eat less nuts(fat), limit portions and cut down on snacking.

It's great that you're going to work on fat and portions, but please be aware that 15lbs is a LOT in one month, unless you're starting with a lot to lose. The average person can healthfully lose 1-2 pounds per week, so please don't be discouraged if you don't lose it all by then!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page